Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, also, in the hospital, both dilauded and morphine made me nauseated. So they put me on IV tramadol. But I really didn't need the pain meds after the first couple hours.

I'm three days post op-- nauseated right after surgery but not since. My biggest complaint is everything tastes bad even Water.

I use to love room temperature Water, now it taste terrible. I found ice water isn't too bad.

It took my taste buds 4 months to find something I could drink. It's not fun in the early days.

Yesterday I ate some pudding and strained cream Soup and today things taste a little better. I hope that continues to improve.

Edited by vanessak8

It will get better, Vanessa, Anesthesia messes with your taste receptors. Once it works its way out of you system things will become more appealing.

<p>It will get better, Vanessa, Anesthesia messes with your taste receptors. Once it works its way out of you system things will become more appealing.</p>

It has been Water is tasting better. That's a plus

I was extremely nauseated for 48 hours after surgery. I couldn't keep anything down. I vomited almost every hour on schedule. It was even more irritating because the hospital staff kept pushing me to drink Water. I know its their job and they had no choice, but it was hard on me. I ended up having to stay the extra night because they were worried about dehydration. I finally started feeling better after the Nurse Practitioner decided to give me an NSAID through my IV. For some reason, this really helped! I haven't been nauseated (expect the occasional food-averse experience) since then.

I had surgery on Monday and I feel like crap. I threw up a lot the first two days in the hospital. I came home on Thursday and felt good yesterday, but real bad today. I struggle with drinking the Water believe it or not it hurts more than the yogurt and stuff. I think because it goes through my system so fast. I have bouts of nausea when I eat, but regularly more shakes and painfully spicy poop that makes me want to cry. Don't worry not everyone feels amazing like some of the posters here have felt. I have wanted to cry and thought I made a mistake a few times already.

I had surgery on Monday and I feel like crap. I threw up a lot the first two days in the hospital. I came home on Thursday and felt good yesterday, but real bad today. I struggle with drinking the Water believe it or not it hurts more than the yogurt and stuff. I think because it goes through my system so fast. I have bouts of nausea when I eat, but regularly more shakes and painfully spicy poop that makes me want to cry. Don't worry not everyone feels amazing like some of the posters here have felt. I have wanted to cry and thought I made a mistake a few times already.

I had water nausea for months. Day 5 I thought I might die after feeling good on day 4. Day 6 I turned a corner and decided I would live. 4 months later, I've lost 83 pounds. I can eat small amounts of anything. I discovered Diet Green Tea doesn't make me nauseous (try Diet Arizona Green Tea). Life is good. You WILL get there. The first month sucks but hang in there. I feel ya.

Surgery on June 24, 2014, having horrible nausea! I eat 4 bites, or drink Water, or take Vitamins, or attempt to drink a Protein shake..... It starts! I am still losing but can hardly eat anything or eft down the things I should in a day. Should I call doctor? Really tired of taking the of zofran

Surgery on June 24, 2014, having horrible nausea! I eat 4 bites, or drink Water, or take Vitamins, or attempt to drink a Protein shake..... It starts! I am still losing but can hardly eat anything or eft down the things I should in a day. Should I call doctor? Really tired of taking the of zofran

That's almost a month out. It probably warrants a call. When is your next appointment? I was on soft or purees then. You might be eating too fast? Or it just might be normal as it is with some. I still get instantly nauseated if I drink water on an empty stomach. But I've never gotten nauseated from food unless I pushed the limit or when I was newly advancing textures. It will get better though.

I was sleeved April 7th. Still have days that Water feels like wet cement but it's getting better. Everything went so smoothly except for the almost always sick stomach. Oh well. Down 63 lbs this morning. It's still worth it!

I'm finally not too nauseous too often! But it took a good 6weeks to get there! If I eat too fast, I will still have problems. But it's soooo much better. I honestly did not think it would ever end. But I was reassured here and it was so true. I envy the people that do not have any problems with tummy upset. But I think the majority of us do. You'll be past it and will look back and realize it was only a short time. Good luck!