Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am still pre-op and last night at a support group, someone who had just gotten the sleeve talked about how great they felt, lots of energy, no nausea whatsoever, etc. Then the nutritionist pointed out that she was very rare and almost everyone experiences quite a bit of nausea for a month or more after surgery.

I wanted to ask all of you about your experiences with nausea. Did you have it? Was it manageable with meds? How long did it last?

Thanks!

Once. Took a pill

I have felt incredible since surgery. Your NUT is a nut. Lots of people feel fantastic afterwards

I had nausea for almost 6 weeks BUT that is typical of me after any surgery and during pregnancies etc so not entirely unexpected for me.

I am 6 days out and I haven't felt nausea yet. Although I am sore, some pain when I move, tightness when I walk but not nauseated at all.

I'm 3 weeks out and had one bout of nausea right out of recovery, they put something in my IV and never had another problem. I've felt fantastic! My doctor/hospital did put a nausea patch behind ear before surgery-I'm not sure if that is standard procedure or an extra step they take. It helped me.

Good luck!

I am still pre-op and last night at a support group, someone who had just gotten the sleeve talked about how great they felt, lots of energy, no nausea whatsoever, etc. Then the nutritionist pointed out that she was very rare and almost everyone experiences quite a bit of nausea for a month or more after surgery.

I wanted to ask all of you about your experiences with nausea. Did you have it? Was it manageable with meds? How long did it last?

Thanks!

The best thing is tell ur anesthesiologist to make sure she pumps you with antinausea an something for reflux bc of coming out of it nausea an vomiting. ..it will reduce that chance..I learned this over 15 yrs ago with bad experience coming out of surgery. ..I've had a dozen surgeries. ..this one I did get a lil but gave me zofran much better an none else...feeling good. My surgeon didn't do morphine on me I had dilaudid pump an then sent home with them...keep us posted...

Thanks!

Oh an she put a patch for motion sickness behind ear also...forgot. before surgery

You know, this was one of my biggest worries preop as I've experienced major bouts of nausea with any surgery I've had. I had a ton of nausea for the first few days and maybe up to a week post op but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Really it wasn't near as bad and mostly related to narcotics and not the surgery. It's all very individual I suppose but I was thankful it wasn't as bad as I feared.

I am 9 weeks post op & never had any nausea except when they put me on an antibiotic because my biggest incision wasn't healing well. The antibiotic was a preventive measure but it made me nauseated so I drank chicken broth from powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.

Thanks for all the feedback. This really helps. I get horrible nausea from pain medication so I will try to get off of that as quickly as possible.

Thanks for all the feedback. This really helps. I get horrible nausea from pain medication so I will try to get off of that as quickly as possible.

i

I stopped taking them day 4 and it helped. I tried to find sugar free children's Tylenol liquid but could never find it. They don't make Tylenol dissolvables for kids anymore either. I did fine but I would have liked to have taken plain Tylenol a few days longer the first week or two. Get some if you can find them.

I am 8 days out and I knew from past surgeries that I would be nauseous so they gave me stuff in my IV and put a patch behind my ear. I was fine in the hospital, but once I got home and was taking the nausea pills they sent home with me I was so nauseous I couldn't eat or drink. The pills they gave me were this sweet cherry flavor and since surgery everything sweet turns my tiny tummy. I finally stopped them and the pain pills. Most of the nausea is gone, but when my hubby is cooking his dinner the smell turns my tummy. I hope your nausea goes away very soon.

I got nauseated twice and that was it - I've not hand any since. The first time was my second day home, I woke up in the middle of the night because of the nausea - like, I sat bolt upright in bed and hauled ass to the kitchen for food. I had baby food in the fridge and had a sip of the pouch of mango puree and was fine. The second time, on my first day back at work, I went out on my lunch hour and started to get queasy. I was in Mariano's (a grocery store here in Chicago) and they had someone giving away free samples of their in store brand of cheerio's. I took a sample, ate it and was fine.

Since then, I've gone longer than the recommended 4 to 5 hours w/o food and not had any nausea. I think both times were because I was basically less than two weeks post op and the tummy was angry.

I'm 2 weeks out. I can have it if I don't take my acid pills. As long as I take them I am good. I feel awesome!