Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can eat about half a bar. I find the aftertaste disgusting (although they're better heated slightly). I couldn't imagine over-eating them. Now the Powerbar Protein wafers, on the other hand? Those I had a couple times and I won't buy them again because I found myself wanting more and more.

I guess it's all up to individual taste. I bought a whole box of Quest (I really should have tried them first...those things are going to last FOREVER!)

I love my Quest bars but I use them as a meal or my snack (once in a while). But mostly for my meal. I don't just Eat one after another, because that Is when your head should kick in and say NO it is not candy or I will not start eating like I was before. Stomach vs head hunger and brain vs taste. The brain has to win or we will not succeed in this weight loss endeavor that we have chosen to take.

Thank you as I read this subject last night, and today picked up 3 Quest bars at GNC, they were buy 2 get 1 free, and I had one and thought it was pretty good, then later today had a nut 6 week post op ćlass and asked about them and the nut was in favor of them in moderation, not 3 a day but one on a day I cant eat solid Protein. I have been having solid protein issues but can say after eating the 1 bar I felt great, so much better with something in my sleeve that didn't make me sick. Again moderation is key, but this has helped me get some solid protein in, and should also help with bm too. I picked up a box now that I know I can tolerate the test flavor I picked up.

As mentioned above, to determine active carbs, take the total carbs on a label and subtract Fiber and sugar alcohols. This will give you net carbs for a food item.

This is partly correct. It has to have 5g of fiber before you can do that. Example: say the carb count is 12 and Fiber is 8, the carb count would be 4g. I was told this at my diabetic NUT class.

This is partly correct. It has to have 5g of fiber before you can do that. Example: say the carb count is 12 and Fiber is 8, the carb count would be 4g. I was told this at my diabetic NUT class.

For some reason I'm afraid to trust this calculation. I know it works but I hate buying things with huge amounts of carbs.

For some reason I'm afraid to trust this calculation. I know it works but I hate buying things with huge amounts of carbs.

I know. I feel the same way. All I know is that it does work with my sugar readings.

Thank you as I read this subject last night, and today picked up 3 Quest bars at GNC, they were buy 2 get 1 free, and I had one and thought it was pretty good, then later today had a nut 6 week post op ćlass and asked about them and the nut was in favor of them in moderation, not 3 a day but one on a day I cant eat solid Protein. I have been having solid Protein issues but can say after eating the 1 bar I felt great, so much better with something in my sleeve that didn't make me sick. Again moderation is key, but this has helped me get some solid protein in, and should also help with bm too. I picked up a box now that I know I can tolerate the test flavor I picked up.

What flavor did ya get? I'm nosy. Last night after my swim I had the Cookies and cream. Delish! And it's a nice change up to have a bar which feels more filling to me than a shake, imho!

My NUT has recommended the Quest bars and that is good enough for me. I do not crave them, but instead use them as a go to source if I am low on Protein for the day and not able to get Protein from other sources. I am currently on vacation in San Diego this week and we are scheduled to go to the the zoo on Weds. and doing the Hop On Hop Off Bus tours on Thurs and Friday. YES I will have the Quest bars with me during those excursions. Oh yes, and a huge Water bottle. My life is so different now. No more sodas and snack foods from the street vendors! I have to plan ahead. The Quest bars help me with that planning. I love all of them.

We had a blind test in my support group. We all tasted various bites of Protein Bars that the NUT selected as good sources of protein. Hands down the Quest Bars won over the others. Another good one was the YaYa bars. I have yet to run across them in the stores. I get the Quest bars at my local GNC store.

@@Forsythia I picked up a box of chocolate chip cookie dough and then 3 more individual bars to try, chocolate brownie, double chocolate chunk and Cookies & cream. If you get individual bars make sure they feel soft else they are a bit harder to chew. :)

I know. I feel the same way. All I know is that it does work with my sugar readings.

I bought some Power Crunch bars with 13 grams of Protein, 9 grams net carbs and 5 grams sugar. They are pretty handy if I'm out and will miss a meal.

I've seen people on this board talk about Quest Protein bars and how good they are. I've even seen a few people say that, for them, these bars are a trigger food and that they couldn't keep them in the house; but I could never understand it. To me, Protein Bars are the kind of food that you tolerate or choke down, but never one that you crave. Until this weekend, when I had my first Quest bar and now I get it. Those things are delicious and I could totally see myself over-eating them!

Really? I thought they were gross and disgusting and had a hard time with one. Just can't do it.

I bought an assortment of 8 different flavors of Quest bars from GNC since they are having a sale on them. Last night I had the chocolate Peanut Butter bar for dinner and it was pretty good. I might try strawberry cheesecake today for lunch!

Good thread, guys. Thanks.

Love the support group taste test approach.

i LOVE my Quest bars. i have replaced one of my daily Protein shakes by a bar. love that i can eat it on the go. Cookies and Cream and Cookie dough are the BOMB. also love the coconut almond flavor, kinda like eating an almond joy!

i keep them in the fridge, seems to add even more chewy-ness. these things are awesome! i get them at GNC or Vitamin shop. GNC has buy 2 get 1 free often. YUM

I LOVE Quest Bars but they are definitely a trigger for me. But then after surgery it might be different.