Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GNC has them buy two bars get one free right now. I like to have a half a bar before I go to the gym (since I go after work, I am hungry), then the second half after my workout so I get some Protein post lifting weights. They do have a lot of Fiber, so if you aren't used to that, prepare to be gassy! LOL.

I do really like these. I'm pre-op and hope I still like them post op. I can't pick from the full array of Protein bar options because I have to stick to gluten free. These are.

Conveneint, lots of quality Protein, fiber, low on carbs, lots of yummy flavors...what's not to like?

I do work to eat "real" food. But they're great to keep in the house/car/lunch bag, etc. for when I need something or my plans don't work out.

I always have one in my purse. It prevents me from eating crap when I am hungry and away from home , running errands and such. 10 months out and still have not stopped at a single fast food joint. I am fortunate that they aren't a trigger food for me . Love them so much that it am taking them on my cruise vacation as a back up plan instead over indulging or skipping meals .

Quest bars have Carbs!! Not sure where you are getting no carbs? But the pure Protein Bars are great I think!! They have the best nutritional value bang for your calories! Much less carbs than quest bars. Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong quest bars? ; )

Quest bars have Carbs!! Not sure where you are getting no carbs? But the pure Protein bars are great I think!! They have the best nutritional value bang for your calories! Much less carbs than Quest bars. Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong quest bars? ; )

Ack! I meant to say low not no!!

They have carbs !! Thanks for spotting that.

I haven't seen/tried Pure. I'll check them out :-)

I bought a box plus a variety pack on Amazon in February, and just recently gave them to a friend for her teenagers. I could barely eat 1/4 of one, just too dense for me. We are 8 months post op, and I still have 2 but I know they will not be eaten. I would just recommend you do not buy a lot like I did. Definitely could be a trigger food if you like sweets.

Quest bars have Carbs!! Not sure where you are getting no carbs? But the pure Protein bars are great I think!! They have the best nutritional value bang for your calories! Much less carbs than Quest bars. Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong quest bars? ; )

Looking at carbs is important but one thing most people don't realize is that on any and all food labels...any dietary Fiber that's listed under carbs is key here. Subtract the fiber from carbs total..and there you have active carbs total. Making it much lower than people think.

Active carbs are what we should be worried about. Not total carbs. And this applies to all foods, not just quest bars.

:)

I agree totally with the comment about NET carbs! Most of the Quest Bars have 3 or 4 net carbs which is really good in comparison with other Protein bars.

I keep one with me all the time. It is a really convenient way to get in 20grams of Protein when you are traveling.

The only sugar in Quest Bars occurs naturally from nuts or freeze dried fruits. They are sweetened by using Stevia or Lo Han Guo, which is a fruit found in China. The fruit extract has no calories and no glycemic impact.

As mentioned above, to determine active carbs, take the total carbs on a label and subtract fiber and sugar alcohols. This will give you net carbs for a food item. Most foods that are low carb will list the net carbs on the front of the package because they want you to notice it. Quest bars are actually low in carbs and sugar. Because of the good taste I have to be careful, these could easily become a slider food for me.

Looking at carbs is important but one thing most people don't realize is that on any and all food labels...any dietary fiber that's listed under carbs is key here. Subtract the fiber from carbs total..and there you have active carbs total. Making it much lower than people think. Active carbs are what we should be worried about. Not total carbs. And this applies to all foods, not just Quest bars. :)

Really? I did not know that!! That is really good to know!! Thanks for letting me know cause I have been avoiding all kinds if foods because of high carbs. So you take fiber grams and subtract them from the carb grams and what is high for an "active" carb number?? : ) I am only 3 months post op and still learning all of this stuff. I haven't seen a nutritionalist since pre op!!

Looking at carbs is important but one thing most people don't realize is that on any and all food labels...any dietary fiber that's listed under carbs is key here. Subtract the fiber from carbs total..and there you have active carbs total. Making it much lower than people think. Active carbs are what we should be worried about. Not total carbs. And this applies to all foods, not just Quest bars. :)

Really? I did not know that!! That is really good to know!! Thanks for letting me know cause I have been avoiding all kinds if foods because of high carbs. So you take fiber grams and subtract them from the carb grams and what is high for an "active" carb number?? : ) I am only 3 months post op and still learning all of this stuff. I haven't seen a nutritionalist since pre op!!

Really? I have to see my nutritionist every three months! I have to see her again in September, Saw her in June. My surgeon's program is rigorous. LOL.

The only sugar in Quest Bars occurs naturally from nuts or freeze dried fruits. They are sweetened by using Stevia or Lo Han Guo, which is a fruit found in China. The fruit extract has no calories and no glycemic impact.

As mentioned above, to determine active carbs, take the total carbs on a label and subtract fiber and sugar alcohols. This will give you net carbs for a food item. Most foods that are low carb will list the net carbs on the front of the package because they want you to notice it. Quest bars are actually low in carbs and sugar. Because of the good taste I have to be careful, these could easily become a slider food for me.

I forgot the sugar alcohols...for myself personally, I dont subtract those from carbs...im sensative to too much of them. So I do count those...but that's just me.

Also, some of you may hit the phase where you wont have any appetite. The thought of any and all food makes your mouth Water but not in a good way.

I am on my 2nd round of it. Its lasted weeks for me. Some people have it last up to 3 months per my RD. She says the body is cycling abd changing every 3 months up to 2 years out.

Anyways, for a couple days here and there all I can force down are quest bars. Because they are sliders. But they don't trigger me at this point and never really have.

My only advice is simple. Never say never folks. Your body may reject food, and things like this may be a necessary form of nutrition for a day or two. Be open to trying different Protein powders n bars once you feel your body changing internally.

I also forgot to add in that you can subtract the sugar alcohols from the carb total. So a chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bars go from having 21 carbs to 3 net carbs.

Much more doable for me too!

I have also seen people say that eating 2 of them a day keeps them regular when they get backed up.

Haha awesome!! Ok I'm convinced!! Now I am gonna have to try some!!! I haven't had any potty issues so far and I haven't had any issues with any of the food I've had.. I must have a cast Iron sleeve!! Hahaha thanks for the help!! Much appreciated!! I have been avoiding foods I shouldn't be!! My insurance won't pay for a nutritionist... They say they have their own but I have been playing phone tag with her for over a month!! Ridiculous!!! Blah!! Thanks again!!