Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

I have been reading this thread from the beginning .. I'm not new , I didn't have surgery in Mexico.. All this fighting is crazy... All that matters is that people know to be careful of Omar's advances and not to fall into a relationship with him either .. I don't believe Susan or anyone ever said "dont go to dr illan" ?? If you want to go then go. He seems like a good surgeon.. Just go with the knowledge of Omar's antics. Simple as that .. That's what this post is for .. A warning about Omar. Yes if Dr Illan knows this information it's kind of sad on his part , but that doesn't affect his operating skills!!!

I have been reading this thread from the beginning .. I'm not new , I didn't have surgery in Mexico.. All this fighting is crazy... All that matters is that people know to be careful of Omar's advances and not to fall into a relationship with him either .. I don't believe Susan or anyone ever said "dont go to dr illan" ?? If you want to go then go. He seems like a good surgeon.. Just go with the knowledge of Omar's antics. Simple as that .. That's what this post is for .. A warning about Omar. Yes if Dr Illan knows this information it's kind of sad on his part , but that doesn't affect his operating skills!!!

I would take great pause in going to a surgeon that employs a known felon.

I agree. An employer is responsible for whom he employs, and in MX maybe there is no accountability. I will not try to save $ by going to MX, I would rather eat grass.

Reminds me of the felony judge I worked for and knew 40 years. His court clerk was caught in our jury room naked and engaged. No second chance. OUT OF HERE and never come back. Was not a felon. Dammit, there is still common sense and decency in this world.

Reminds me of the felony judge I worked for and knew 40 years. His court clerk was caught in our jury room naked and engaged. No second chance. OUT OF HERE and never come back. Was not a felon. Dammit, there is still common sense and decency in this world.

It begs the question...where else is the Doc making poor choices and do you want a doc who will overlook a felony operating on you? Who else does he employ with a record? The guy who sets up the surgical suite? The gal who cleans? There was another thread awhile back in which folks were concerned about the doc covering his face and nose during surgery....real concerns, of course...and is nothing compared to hiring felons.

Ps - before anyone freaks out about my stance...I do believe everyone should have the chance to start over...I just don't think that chance should be with a surgeon or any other medical provider. At my core, I'm a bleeding heart liberal...and even we bleeding hearts have lines not to cross.....at least this one does!

I would go to Dr. Illan again and again and again. I would send my family to him with no hesitation or apprehension. Since you guys are so into name calling so I will call you the Susan fan girls. In her first post she did say she will take Dr. Illan down too...which sounds vindictive to me. I am a Dr. Illan fan girl, groupie or whatever you kids want to label me.

And for the record, Susan, you didn't answer one (not one) of those questions asked to you. Because I, for one, would like to know the answers to those questions specifically. If you want to be the big savior of all mankind you better expect to have to answer the tough questions. You put someone's laundry out to air you better expect to account for yours.

See my answers in red...

You are being ridiculous and trying to take the attention off of the real issues here. Stop wasting my time and our member’s time with your ridiculous tactics.

Again, you are being ridiculous. Everyone on this site knows that I know Alex, THE founder of this website, not one of. Then again, everyone else knows him as well. And, once again, your reading and comprehension skills are truly lacking for someone who claims to be a teacher. Of course it is not predatory. I have been a volunteer member of the staff here for years. I worked for Alex for one year as a coordinator until I resigned because, as stated before, I received a promotion at my day job and was no longer able to continue to do both. Next, Alex is not a doctor, so your “Could such a relationship be considered predatory since you are a patient, as well?” statement just screams of ignorance on your part. Perhaps you ought to use your law enforcement skills a little better so you actually know what you are talking about.

I have never worked for a doctor. Sorry. There are those great reading, comprehension and law enforcement skills of yours again.

I already answered this. Practice your reading skills and find the answer.

Again, check your reading and comprehension skills. I have already covered this.

Some knew me from here, some I had referred to Dr. Illan, some were referred to me by other victims or other people who know me from here and outside of here and know that I am standing up for their rights. By the way, it is now eight. You seem to have a very difficult time understanding my connection with the bariatric community and the fact that I know a lot of people as a result.

I didn’t say they were all long time users. I said I have been a member here for years and many people here know me. And shockingly, I also have a life outside of here. This is not the only place where people know me from. Some people have joined because we requested they do so in order to share what has happened to them in the hopes that others do not experience the same thing. Others are long-term members who have created an alternate ID due to such wonderful people as you who like to bully victims.

Now, I am not and will not waste any more of my time answering the same questions over and over again simply because you have poor reading and comprehension skills and apparently suffer from some type of memory loss.

Instead of having Omar feed you information, I again challenge you to see if he has the cajones to man up and speak for himself. I am done with you. I have no time for enablers, and that is what you and the Omar worshippers are. You are all so in love with him, so hypnotized by him, that you continue to defend him knowing he is a criminal, knowing if he enters the US he will be arrested, and knowing he victimizes woman. By your insistence on defending him, you are enabling him to continue to take advantage of his patients.

I’ll be honest, I couldn’t really give two hoots about his sob story about his past. He made his decisions, he needs to take responsibility for them and accept the consequences instead of running to another country like a coward. What I do care about is that in no way, shape or form is it acceptable for any employee of a physician to take advantage of his patients and seek romantic/sexual relationships with them. Whether the patient is supposedly willing or not, it is his responsibility to not allow this to happen. He is unprofessional, unethical and has no morals, none! As I said, he is a pig and he disgusts me. I will defend these women in any way I know how.

Here are her answers to the questions that were asked.

. Well I'm not going to give out that information, that is for law enforcement to take care of now, but rest assured, it was her and I have all the proof I need. As it turns out, it probably will be a felont charge then, because she lives in the big state of Texas!

Wow I truly wonder if Witneys husband and family know what lengths she is going to, to protect a plutonic acquaintance.

I would go to Dr. Illan again and again and again. I would send my family to him with no hesitation or apprehension. Since you guys are so into name calling so I will call you the Susan fan girls. In her first post she did say she will take Dr. Illan down too...which sounds vindictive to me. I am a Dr. Illan fan girl, groupie or whatever you kids want to label me. And for the record, Susan, you didn't answer one (not one) of those questions asked to you. Because I, for one, would like to know the answers to those questions specifically. If you want to be the big savior of all mankind you better expect to have to answer the tough questions. You put someone's laundry out to air you better expect to account for yours.

For the record, I always refrain from name-calling, shaming and blaming. Always. Check my posts.

Further, I stated that Omar is a felon. That is a fact; I read it after a 30 second web search on his

name. He is a convicted felon and can never return to the US. That is a fact of his life, not name calling. To insinuate otherwise is superfluous; the facts are recorded by US Federal judge. Need a metaphor? You are suggesting I am rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic when really, I'm on another boat yelling across the bow, "The Titanic is sinking!"

Also, Susan answered all your questions quite

some time ago. So before you hit send on your next rant, perhaps read the thread.

Finally, here's my rant...for you and everyone else...if you are going to participate in this or any thread, for the love of sweet Jesus (that's for you MR), please:

1. Try to keep up. Don't ask the same question over and over, unless you are attempting some kind a bad cross-examination, hoping for some kind of slip-up. Note the emphasis on bad. Because if that's your tactic, your strategy is doomed from the start.

2. Use your best grammar. (I'm not a wordsmith by any means, but I use my college writing skills to form a cogent sentence even if I have to rewrite it a couple of times.) Also, slip the profanity. You just look dumb and uneducated.

3. Check your privilege. - google it if

need be....

4. Check your hippocracy: Are you lashing out and saying it's okay to yell

At strangers on the interwebs because someone else lashed out first? Remember... It doesn't matter who started it...it matters who ends it.

(And I'm speaking her to the shaming, blaming, and finger pointing...not the actual content of this thread)

5. Don't force others to take sides. I'm not on team Susan or Team Omar. I *am* a stand for the women who feel victimized. I *am* a stand for all people telling their stories without shame or blame. (Which includes standing up for a

Woman who had a very enjoyable sexual relationship with Omar and who was getting slut-shamed on this site.

Peace out! Shellie

Nicely put, my dear :)

See my answers in red...

You are being ridiculous and trying to take the attention off of the real issues here. Stop wasting my time and our member’s time with your ridiculous tactics.

Again, you are being ridiculous. Everyone on this site knows that I know Alex, THE founder of this website, not one of. Then again, everyone else knows him as well. And, once again, your reading and comprehension skills are truly lacking for someone who claims to be a teacher. Of course it is not predatory. I have been a volunteer member of the staff here for years. I worked for Alex for one year as a coordinator until I resigned because, as stated before, I received a promotion at my day job and was no longer able to continue to do both. Next, Alex is not a doctor, so your “Could such a relationship be considered predatory since you are a patient, as well?” statement just screams of ignorance on your part. Perhaps you ought to use your law enforcement skills a little better so you actually know what you are talking about.

I have never worked for a doctor. Sorry. There are those great reading, comprehension and law enforcement skills of yours again.

I already answered this. Practice your reading skills and find the answer.

Again, check your reading and comprehension skills. I have already covered this.

Some knew me from here, some I had referred to Dr. Illan, some were referred to me by other victims or other people who know me from here and outside of here and know that I am standing up for their rights. By the way, it is now eight. You seem to have a very difficult time understanding my connection with the bariatric community and the fact that I know a lot of people as a result.

I didn’t say they were all long time users. I said I have been a member here for years and many people here know me. And shockingly, I also have a life outside of here. This is not the only place where people know me from. Some people have joined because we requested they do so in order to share what has happened to them in the hopes that others do not experience the same thing. Others are long-term members who have created an alternate ID due to such wonderful people as you who like to bully victims.

Now, I am not and will not waste any more of my time answering the same questions over and over again simply because you have poor reading and comprehension skills and apparently suffer from some type of memory loss.

Instead of having Omar feed you information, I again challenge you to see if he has the cajones to man up and speak for himself. I am done with you. I have no time for enablers, and that is what you and the Omar worshippers are. You are all so in love with him, so hypnotized by him, that you continue to defend him knowing he is a criminal, knowing if he enters the US he will be arrested, and knowing he victimizes woman. By your insistence on defending him, you are enabling him to continue to take advantage of his patients.

I’ll be honest, I couldn’t really give two hoots about his sob story about his past. He made his decisions, he needs to take responsibility for them and accept the consequences instead of running to another country like a coward. What I do care about is that in no way, shape or form is it acceptable for any employee of a physician to take advantage of his patients and seek romantic/sexual relationships with them. Whether the patient is supposedly willing or not, it is his responsibility to not allow this to happen. He is unprofessional, unethical and has no morals, none! As I said, he is a pig and he disgusts me. I will defend these women in any way I know how.

Here are her answers to the questions that were asked.

Those are not answers to the questions asked. That is all just "camouflage ". And any "reader" knows that.

Okay, here goes nothing.

I had surgery with Dr. Illan. I also had a fling with Omar. I have gone back and forth with this for days now trying to figure out which "side" to be on. Truthfully, I am still struggling with that decision.

I went to TJ a little nervous and a lot excited about my new life. I never intended to end up liking Omar, but in person, he is so charismatic, very friendly, honestly caring, and extremely well dressed. Once I got out of the hospital and in the hotel, he had me. Hook. Line. Sinker. Here is the deal, I WANTED HIM. I was not forced or coerced. I was not taken advantage of at all. I do not believe he is a predator. I do however believe he is a PLAYER.

I saw first hand how women react to him. He is a very typical man. Not an excuse, just a statement of fact. Give me an example of a man who wouldn't enjoy attention, expensive gifts, and women asking him if they can preform oral sex. I am not making an excuse for him!! I am not a team illan groupie. I am not even on Facebook. I am not missing the forest because of the trees. I am not so crazy in love with him that I am blinded by his actions. I agree that he should absolutely NOT be messing around with patients. Not even a tiny bit! However, I do believe that once you leave TJ, you are not considered a patient any longer. If you decide to go back and see Omar, then that is on YOU. If you take him expensive gifts (or cheap gifts) then that is on YOU. If you have intercourse with him then that is on YOU. If you go back to TJ to see another doctor or dentist, then you are not a patient of Baja Bariatrics.

YOU just have to realize that Omar is a player. You will not be his first. You will not be his last...no matter what he says. Did you women not date in college? A good man is hard to find. They are very few and far between. Even Dr. Phil said no man is 100% perfect. If you can find one who is 80%, you better hold on, because that is as good as it gets.

I am not bad mouthing anyone. I think it is right and fair for everyone to share their opinions. Free country!

I think that his past is just that. His past. A lot of you don't want your past to get in the way of your future. Let it go.

Omar is guilty of being a player. A pretty big one. As long as he stops messing with patients while they are patients, then I say go for it big guy.

What I am trying to say is, I'm sorry he hurt some of you. I truly am. But come on, did you really think you were going to have a long distance relationship with him? Really?

I guess I just decided which "side" I am on. I can't help it. I know how men are. If you want to play the game, you HAVE to be prepared to lose. Either that, or make sure you win. I did. I played a player. And I had soooooooo much fun In the process.

Hate the game. Not the player.

Does anyone else wonder if "Thin MAN" or BWhite is really Omar?  if you reread some of these posts it is almost bragging, not defending.

I continue to find it astonishing, sad and shocking what levels the Omar worshippers will stoop to simply because they believe is something did not happen to them, it could not possibly happen to anyone else. It just continues to reinforce the level of influence and power he has over these woman. It is scary and cult-like behavior.

I'm still left scratching my head trying to figure out who is real and who isn't.

So far MXt has wrongly accused Whitney of doing something illegal. Slandering her name in the process. She has described her as criminally insane, threatened and blackmailed her, yet Whitney is in the wrong here and MXt (LL edit) is still a victim. This all makes COMPLETE sense.

A judge will laugh in the face of charges at this point.

Sooooo, are you a lawyer or a judge?  Which one?  You speak from a position of formal education on the topic so I was just wondering which is your field of expertise.

Do you all know what your doing? Your ruining the reputation of Dr. Illan. Have you got nothing better to do than b***h and moan? That's a lovely life you have. Now grow some balls or what ever and shut up and grow the hell up!

Give it a Break.  Illan made a fully informed choice to hire a known gang member, felon, with a known history of taking advantage of vulnerable women alone in a strange country for major surgery.  He knew Omar had been fired for this very behavior from another surgeon.  But hey... Omar can get him $$$ so who cares about the patients.  It's the bank account Illan cares about.  He gets what he gets.   I plan to personally see to it that the proper authorities are notified of his business practices.  Don't blame the ladies here, blame ME and I don't even have a dog in this fight.  But I'm going for it anyway.  Someone needs to stop both Illan and Omar from such horrific lack of ethics and I decided I want the job.  Call it self appointed if you wish.

I was advised today, on another forum, that people avoided Dr. Kelly due to your accusations, but I understand now that you didn't mean to accuse him.  Is this true?

Honey, I would urge you to leave Kelly out of this.  Kelly makes Omar look like a saint but that is a topic for another thread.  I would suggest you not 'go' there and instead, keep that tail between your legs and head out as you have repeatedly promised.  You have already clearly demonstrated that you are in so far over your head people point and giggle when referring to you.  You do more for the Susan supporters than you do your best booty call partner, Omar.  You have done him so much harm I was even wondering if these are people posting in support of Omar when really they are trying to harm him but I rethought that.  You simply are not intelligent enough to pull it off.  You really are an Omar groupie.

You have made many accusations but you have been completely and totally unable to defend those accusations.  That is because you are a liar.  A dishonest, booty call partner, liar.  You have outed yourself, shamed yourself, harmed your buddy Omar and due to social challenges you don't even see it.  HA!  You do make me smile when I read your rantings.

Attacking Omar means your attacking Dr Illan. Your all low lifes with nothing better to do. Grow the f**k up. Get a life elsewhere. Dr Illan is a great surgeon. This thread is going to scare so many away...

So what?  Your point?  What you are suggesting here is that not only is Omar exempt from basic Medical Ethics, so is Illan. Guess what?  He's not exempt, neither of them are.  That is a reality you will have to deal with.

May you need a surgery to correct your head cause you aint right in the head. Omar was fine until early this year. So maybe do your research PROPERLY. as someone has told me. Dont we all have a past? Past is a past for a f**king reason. You dont bring past into present and future.

Damn sure you do!  When it comes to Medical Ethics it most certainly DOES matter and your worship of those involved do not change reality.

But I would think people who travel to MX to have surgeries would have been prepared for avoiding the seduction part. 

But you wouldn't be suspicious of a US surgeon?  Honey, you might not want to have anymore surgery of any type anywhere.  You are too naive.

I never fail to be amazed at the naivety of people when it comes to doctors anywhere.

Edited by ChelceyA

Since most of the people posting on this site are grown women .... I wonder if we were all in a room would you be "acting" in the same way.

What I read in all these posts is the venom and hate coming across. True anger no matter what side.

Once again I say - please shut this post down from further commentary. I think we have enough drama in here for folks to make a decision. All new posts have been just garbage and attacks.

As grown women we should be pumping each other up not destroying each other.

Is it "wrong" of "me" to "giggle" when I see "quotation mark" used "incorrectly"? Unless she "really" meant it "that" way. Hmmmm.... Brings an entirely "new" "twist to the "story".

I am not a newbie

I am not an Omar lover

I am not a Susan basher/supporter

And you can giggle all you like. You're proving my point