Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

Seriously?  The post above me referenced Ted Bundy. 

REALLY glad her kids aren't in my class now.

I have great grandkids.  I have no kids.  I did not reference you to Ted Bundy.  I referenced people did not believe Bundy could be a bad person.  You have decided in your non professional schoolteacher experience that Omar is wonderful because he did not seduce or try to seduce you.  Hmmm.   I do not live in lala land.  I live in the real world of police, crime, law enforcement, judicial system, defense lawyers, criminals and victims, and I know that when this many women come forward there is a problem.   Why don't you go do something while we support Susan and these women.  I do not know Susan or anyone else here.  I am just smart enough to know Bariatric Pal is about SUPPORT.  SINCE YOU DON'T SUPPORT SUSAN AND HER THREAD, LEAVE.  

I'm still patiently waiting for the text analysis I requested.

As it stands, all I can see is tumbleweed...

For the record, I don't have any interest in Omar romantically.  He is a friend. 

One way people try to discredit a woman when they don't have a valid complaint is to attack her reputation as a chaste person.  I'm glad that we've rounded out the full spectrum of discriminatory language in one thread (Oh, wait, I think we're missing a direct racial slur).  Keeping it classy.

Projection and redirection.

Keep it coming, so many women have been verbally abused on this thread we need your posting.  You are serving a good purpose.  You don't see it but, you are.  You are doing more for their cause than Omar's.

Please, continue!

I am among the 100s of Baja Bariatrics patients who had a positive, uneventful experience. I never like to see any person (male or female) get hurt in romance and I feel for these women who are hurting.

That being said, I would like to point out that a not insignificant number of women end up with "vacation" type energy surrounding their trips to Mexico and some even travel together in small "girls' trip" type groups.. Many are getting pedicures, arranging child care, setting aside spending money and generally getting out of their home area codes for the first time in MANY years in conjunction with getting Sleeved. Add to that the giddiness, exhilaration and boost in self-esteem that many experience as a result of dropping significant pre-op weight and (in some instances) Mexican VSG patients can be a pretty lively, devil-may-care, bawdy, flirtatious bunch (complete with "Cougar" jokes, sparring over who has the cutest doctor, having fun flirting, etc.). I went to TJ twice and cringed a bit when I saw ladies calling one of the young docs "Dr. Hottie" and vaguely coming on to him, lol (i was worried HE would be filing a complaint!).

rhw ...

I know you meant to delete that post draft above. But I'm glad it came through. I found it helpful in better understanding the Mexican bariatric surgery scene.

I know you weren't describing everyone who goes to Mexico for bariatric surgery, but your draft post helped me understand better the viewpoints of those who defend The Fabulous Omar so vociferously.

For the record, I never would have imagined anyone would treat weight loss surgery (or any kind of surgery) as a Club Med vacation.

Live and learn.

Chelcy, That was a direct response to the assertion that I'd been involved with Omar. Surely I don't have to be accused without being able to deny the allegation.

Linda, my background is in law enforcement. I've served the federal and state governments with commendation. Like I said, you can dig all you want.

Madame, you can go through the threads to compare them, I assume. I am not interested in doing that for you. I assume you have the stated ability to compare texts.

VSGAnn-You're not even a patient in Mexico? For the love o' Pete...

This has really deteriorated into silliness at this point. I think I've contributed what I can. I understand that you-all think that Omar did something wrong. Many of us think that Susan is a really bad person. People can read the backgrounds and make their own decisions. I think I've brought all I can to this discussion, and I find myself almost sinking to the level of this discourse. With that, I'm going to bow out. I came here with good intentions, and even if I think you're wrong, I wish you happiness and good health.

Chelcy, That was a direct response to the assertion that I'd been involved with Omar.  Surely I don't have to be accused without being able to deny the allegation. 

Linda, my background is in law enforcement.  I've served the federal and state governments with commendation.  Like I said, you can dig all you want. 

Madame, you can go through the threads to compare them, I assume.  I am not interested in doing that for you.  I assume you have the stated ability to compare texts.

VSGAnn-You're not even a patient in Mexico?  For the love o' Pete... 

This has really deteriorated into silliness at this point.  I think I've contributed what I can.  I understand that you-all think that Omar did something wrong.  Many of us think that Susan is a really bad person.  People can read the backgrounds and make their own decisions.  I think I've brought all I can to this discussion, and I find myself almost sinking to the level of this discourse.  With that, I'm going to bow out.  I came here with good intentions, and even if I think you're wrong, I wish you happiness and good health. 

I, personally, think you're full of it.

If you had the proof to hand and the 'analysis' already done, you'dve been able to quickly and adeptly retrieve the said 'similar sentences', copy and paste them and highlight where, the tone and nuances were identical.

You have not.

You have glossed over it, thereby becoming 'as bad' as someone who makes wild statements without the wherewithal to back them up. For someone who professes to be ex LE, I find that hilarious.

Huge difference between 'evidence' and 'intelligence', darlin' - or was that a bit above your paygrade?

I wouldn't stand up in court and say 'well its out there, you do your own research' to the jury. Nor, should you here.

All I could say is 'I'd love to have been a criminal on your watch'! '

But wait! Silly me!

There is already one on your watch, isn;t there, love ;)

Goodbye.  Now can we focus on possibly a forum that is a must read women, maybe a magazine article (for starts) from a man's perspective, Alex Brecher?  To warn of inappropriate behavior, traveling out of country, women seeking approval and attention and getting the wrong kind?  I remember posting with a sweet lady with no car who lived on a farm, with an inattentive husband.  Not everyone is worldly or smart to the ways of the world here.  

I, personally, think you're full of it.

If you had the proof to hand and the 'analysis' already done, you'dve been able to quickly and adeptly retrieve the said 'similar sentences', copy and paste them and highlight where, the tone and nuances were identical.

You have not.

You have glossed over it, thereby becoming 'as bad' as someone who makes wild statements without the wherewithal to back them up. For someone who professes to be ex LE, I find that hilarious.

Huge difference between 'evidence' and 'intelligence', darlin' - or was that a bit above your paygrade?

I wouldn't stand up in court and say 'well its out there, you do your own research' to the jury. Nor, should you here.

All I could say is 'I'd love to have been a criminal on your watch'! '

But wait! Silly me!

There is already one on your watch, isn;t there, love ;)

Lol!

Goodbye. Now can we focus on possibly a forum that is a must read women, maybe a magazine article (for starts) from a man's perspective, Alex Brecher? To warn of inappropriate behavior, traveling out of country, women seeking approval and attention and getting the wrong kind? I remember posting with a sweet lady with no car who lived on a farm, with an inattentive husband. Not everyone is worldly or smart to the ways of the world here.

brilliant idea. Truly. There are so many emotions at play. I've seen countless marriages fail post op because of the attention paid after weight loss....and it's definitely something the surgeons don't prep ya for.

Edited by SoccerMomma73

There is so much I want to say, but ya know how you have those days where nothing has gone right and you're this close to just blowing up? Yes, I'm there. And if it happens here, it won't be pretty. I am so tired of the fan club defending a man who gets his rocks off on preying on vulnerable, innocent victims just because they weren't unfortunate enough to have it happen to them. This man is about as low as they come. If you all could see the new information that has been shared with me today, you would just vomit. He is disgusting. A pig. Mankind in its worse form. I can only hope what I have learned today can be shared with all of you soon. He is actually proud of himself and bragging about what he has done and gets away. Of course, the Omar Worshippers will continue to deny it. They will continue to try and discredit and bully the victims. They will continue to try to convince you I made this all up. Go for it. Because in the end, I have the proof, I know the victims and we are doing what we need to do both publicly and privately to have this situation death with.

Hang in there sunshine.  Right is right and wrong is wrong.  

Hang in there sunshine. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Thank you. And, I was just contacted by yet another victim. I am scared to think how many more there are we don't know about.

Like I previously said.  There are many, many more, many who will never come forward.  They are married, afraid, have children, embarrassed, and have seen the abuse here.  Why in hello would they put themselves in this arena.  Whoever you are, at least contact Susan.  You never have to go public, just talk to someone.  God Bless.

I am among the 100s of Baja Bariatrics patients who had a positive, uneventful experience. I never like to see any person (male or female) get hurt in romance and I feel for these women who are hurting.

That being said, I would like to point out that a not insignificant number of women end up with "vacation" type energy surrounding their trips to Mexico and some even travel together in small "girls' trip" type groups.. Many are getting pedicures, arranging child care, setting aside spending money and generally getting out of their home area codes for the first time in MANY years in conjunction with getting Sleeved. Add to that the giddiness, exhilaration and boost in self-esteem that many experience as a result of dropping significant pre-op weight and (in some instances) Mexican VSG patients can be a pretty lively, devil-may-care, bawdy, flirtatious bunch (complete with "Cougar" jokes, sparring over who has the cutest doctor, having fun flirting, etc.). I went to TJ twice and cringed a bit when I saw ladies calling one of the young docs "Dr. Hottie" and vaguely coming on to him, lol (i was worried HE would be filing a complaint!).

rhw ... 

I know you meant to delete that post draft above.  But I'm glad it came through.  I found it helpful in better understanding the Mexican bariatric surgery scene.

I know you weren't describing everyone who goes to Mexico for bariatric surgery, but your draft post helped me understand better the viewpoints of those who defend The Fabulous Omar so vociferously.  

For the record, I never would have imagined anyone would treat weight loss surgery (or any kind of surgery) as a Club Med vacation.  

Live and learn.  

VSG Ann... I have to call BS here!  What you have been told is utter nonsense.  Have there ever been women who did that? I'd imagine so.  Is that the norm?  Heaven's no!  If you are going to Mexico with your best friend and you are both having surgery, might you go to a mall to see what a Mexican mall is like?  Of course, but that is the norm, not as described to you.  I question how much time the odd author really spent in Mexico and just who the heck she was hanging with.  It's not regular people.  Most of us went, we were afraid, nervous, excited, we didn't really know what to expect.  THAT is the norm. I went to a mall, I had the time, I felt up to it, I wanted to see a Mexican mall.  Period.  Most of us are like that, certainly not as you were told.  That was to justify Omar's behavior as something the women wanted, damn sure not reality.

Chelcy, That was a direct response to the assertion that I'd been involved with Omar.  Surely I don't have to be accused without being able to deny the allegation. 

This has really deteriorated into silliness at this point.  I think I've contributed what I can.  I understand that you-all think that Omar did something wrong.  Many of us think that Susan is a really bad person.  People can read the backgrounds and make their own decisions.  I think I've brought all I can to this discussion, and I find myself almost sinking to the level of this discourse.  With that, I'm going to bow out.  I came here with good intentions, and even if I think you're wrong, I wish you happiness and good health. 

You are absolutely free to deny anything you wish, but anyone that goes to the extremes to defend such a man is more than just a friend.  Infatuation?  A groupie?  A booty call partner?  Not sure.  I just know damned weird when I see it.

While I would prefer you continue posting on the topic because you are proving more and more the dynamics that go along with Omar and his (ahem) "friends" I think it is best in your case to just back off and not help him anymore if he is honestly your friend.

Com'on, let's face it.  You are in over your head.  You are being called on your behaviors, you are being asked to defend your own claims.  You know as well as the rest of us you can't do that.  So just put your tail between your legs and move on before you shame yourself more than you have...  not to mention outing yourself as you have.