Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

This post is my first and most likely my last I refuse to call myself a victim because I truly feel that term is being used very loosely. I'll call my self a complete fool! I am a female that got hooked line and sinker. I have had a real, so I thought relationship with this person for almost 3 years! (So no I didn't have surgery with Dr Illan.) He actually just called it off LAST month. He claimed that due to personal issues he just needed space. I totally understood, plus I'm currently finishing up my degree in the Fall and don't have much free time to travel to MX for my monthly weekend getaway. We continued to talk daily and one day last week he told me he was being black mailed by a couple of former patients. He didn't act concerned and we started joking around about it. I've always been well aware of how females throw themselves at him and sending him pictures that make you want to stick pencils in your eyeballs but he has always been honest about it. We would often joke about how crazy they were about him. I'm not the jealous type and I felt this was all one sided. The things these women would text or email was out there. At the time I called it stalker behavior and told him many times to be careful. Now I see why..

Reading all this I'm just like wow! I'm sick to my stomach. I really felt what we had was real. I still don't understand how he kept up with so many females at the same time. It just boggles my mind . How didn't these ladies not know he was involved with me!, Was this just a game? Did the I love you's mean nothing, all the planes we made, was I really this blind?!

As bad as it sounds at least I got my sleeve,plastics and very nice gifts out of the deal. I admit he treated me like a queen. I never had any reason to doubt him.

My heart goes out to all the women that was caught up in his path. To the other ladies that was brave enough to post your story yes you will be judged by a few and maybe even bullied but when we stand in silence they win. I'm aware that a certain person has her legal team trying to help start legal actions against the the OP, the site owner and of course any female that does post any screen shots or etc. The main goal is to keep "Team Illan" strong and safe from bad press. So I want to urge you not to let this prevent you from speaking out. The strength is in the numbers . Please feel free to private msg me and I will gladly give you my email or phone number so we can chat. I don't see myself coming back in this thread because it's full of heartache and anger. I don't have time to go tick for tac with the "fan club" I refuse to allow anyone to take the joy I do have.

Dr Illan is a great doctor so I hate to see what this does to him. My mother and sister both had

Surgery with him and couldn't be happier.

So yes it's all true, the stories are real and females got hurt. Don't be so quick to judge if you don't know the full story.

Oh wait.. Don't get me wrong. I AM NOT BACKING OMAR OR HIS MINIONS who believe its ok to have less than stellar work ethtics. I just think all serious accusations need to be confirmable

So yes it's all true, the stories are real and females got hurt. Don't be so quick to judge if you don't know the full story.

Wish someone would tell us the full story we are only getting bits and pieces.

I'm sure his wife and what? 3 kids? Would be elated to read this thread.

My heart goes out to his wife and family. THEY do not need this. THEY deserve better.

MXtransformed... pretty serious accusations so I assume you have verification?

. Well if the words out of his own mouth about this isn't proof, then the text conversations we had about his deportation status should be. I don't have to prove anything to you and as far as anybody claiming slander against me, Susan, Alex or anyone else who speaks out, well Omar is in Mexico and just as we who have been part of his game and also anyone who has had a botched surgery there, has no recourse neither does he against any of us here in the US. Turn about is fair play, but like I said, Omar told me himself about his time in prison, about his deportation and also about the gang he was not only leader of but also the founded of. He wears those suits and long sleeves for a reason, he wouldn't want patients to see his gang related tattoos!

This post is my first and most likely my last I refuse to call myself a victim because I truly feel that term is being used very loosely. I'll call my self a complete fool! I am a female that got hooked line and sinker. I have had a real, so I thought relationship with this person for almost 3 years! (So no I didn't have surgery with Dr Illan.) He actually just called it off LAST month. He claimed that due to personal issues he just needed space. I totally understood, plus I'm currently finishing up my degree in the Fall and don't have much free time to travel to MX for my monthly weekend getaway. We continued to talk daily and one day last week he told me he was being black mailed by a couple of former patients. He didn't act concerned and we started joking around about it. I've always been well aware of how females throw themselves at him and sending him pictures that make you want to stick pencils in your eyeballs but he has always been honest about it. We would often joke about how crazy they were about him. I'm not the jealous type and I felt this was all one sided. The things these women would text or email was out there. At the time I called it stalker behavior and told him many times to be careful. Now I see why..

Reading all this I'm just like wow! I'm sick to my stomach. I really felt what we had was real. I still don't understand how he kept up with so many females at the same time. It just boggles my mind . How didn't these ladies not know he was involved with me!, Was this just a game? Did the I love you's mean nothing, all the planes we made, was I really this blind?!

As bad as it sounds at least I got my sleeve,plastics and very nice gifts out of the deal. I admit he treated me like a queen. I never had any reason to doubt him.

My heart goes out to all the women that was caught up in his path. To the other ladies that was brave enough to post your story yes you will be judged by a few and maybe even bullied but when we stand in silence they win. I'm aware that a certain person has her legal team trying to help start legal actions against the the OP, the site owner and of course any female that does post any screen shots or etc. The main goal is to keep "Team Illan" strong and safe from bad press. So I want to urge you not to let this prevent you from speaking out. The strength is in the numbers . Please feel free to private msg me and I will gladly give you my email or phone number so we can chat. I don't see myself coming back in this thread because it's full of heartache and anger. I don't have time to go tick for tac with the "fan club" I refuse to allow anyone to take the joy I do have.

Dr Illan is a great doctor so I hate to see what this does to him. My mother and sister both had

Surgery with him and couldn't be happier.

I had a good experience with the team, but I am sorry to hear your story. I'm sure this isn't fun to hear about a long-term relationship. Best wishes to you and your family.

MXtransformed... pretty serious accusations so I assume you have verification?

. Well if the words out of his own mouth about this isn't proof, then the text conversations we had about his deportation status should be. I don't have to prove anything to you and as far as anybody claiming slander against me, Susan, Alex or anyone else who speaks out, well Omar is in Mexico and just as we who have been part of his game and also anyone who has had a botched surgery there, has no recourse neither does he against any of us here in the US. Turn about is fair play, but like I said, Omar told me himself about his time in prison, about his deportation and also about the gang he was not only leader of but also the founded of. He wears those suits and long sleeves for a reason, he wouldn't want patients to see his gang related tattoos!

And yet, knowing all of these negative things that you now use against Omar to discredit him, you were not turned off by them enough to avoid an intimate relationship with him while still a married woman. I find that very interesting and very telling. I don't think Omar is a saint, not even close. You certainly don't come out of this smelling like roses either. All of you should be ashamed of your behavior 

Edited by heather1979

Sorry for the messed up post above. What I said to MX transformed was:

And yet, knowing all of these negative things that you now use against Omar to discredit him, you were not turned off by them enough to avoid an intimate relationship with him while still a married woman. I find that very interesting and very telling. I don't think Omar is a saint, not even close. You certainly don't come out of this smelling like roses either. All of you should be ashamed of your behavior.

She did not say the above paragraph as the quote box in the precious post implied.

Heather, yes, that was my thread about my experience with my surgeon.

There is an important message here to be heard.  If you are traveling to Mexico, please be advised there are people who are willing to take advantage of you for their own personal needs.  They understand you are in a very vulnerable state.

Since you single out Mexico it appears you are under the impression this does not happen in any other country, otherwise why single out just one country?  It happens in the US all the time.  Need proof?

I have been following this and I can tell there are alot of personal issues between some of you all.

Having had my surgery in Mexico, I will say there are HUGE differences between our medical systems and theirs. Behavior like this would not be allowed in the United States and Omar would be fired and there could be a lawsuit.

I do think it's a good warning to give people and they can do what they want with it.

Y'all are making this into something much bigger than it needs to be.

It is not tolerated in Mexico either but if nobody reports it, nothing will happen to resolve it.

I am not denying anything. I am simply saying 3 of these woman were fully aware of what was happening and were o.k. with it, until they got dumped! They were not taken advantage of in ANY way.

Do you want me to break out the f**king crayons and draw you pictures?

You really have no grasp of Medical Ethics, do you?

Yes, by all means, ban us, block us, delete almost all of our posts. You have got quite the little system here Alex. You and your little workers can say ANYTHING you want and it's fine. What a power trip!

You are free to start your own page and then you too, can have "power".

.  and also anyone who has had a botched surgery there, has no recourse neither does he against any of us here in the US. Turn about is fair play, but like I said, Omar told me himself about his time in prison, about his deportation and also about the gang he was not only leader of but also the founded of. He wears those suits and long sleeves for a reason, he wouldn't want patients to see his gang related tattoos!

No recourse?  Says who?

I'm sure his wife and what? 3 kids? Would be elated to read this thread.

My heart goes out to his wife and family. THEY do not need this. THEY deserve better.

Stop the presses!  He's married?  The Fabulous Omar is currently married and has 3 kids?  

Seriously? 

I'm sure his wife and what? 3 kids? Would be elated to read this thread.

Stop the presses!  He's married?  The Fabulous Omar is currently married and has 3 kids?  

Seriously? 

Is that true? I don't think he is married unless he's separated. He works really long hours and we all spoke to him a lot and he never mentioned being married. Not saying he's not but I certainly didn't get the impression he had a family at home.

Is that true? I don't think he is married unless he's separated. He works really long hours and we all spoke to him a lot and he never mentioned being married. Not saying he's not but I certainly didn't get the impression he had a family at home.

Duh! You really think he would announce his marital status?

Duh! You really think he would announce his marital status?

Duh! What an enlightening comment from such a mature person.

As I said, he may very well be married but a group of us including a husband went out to dinner with him twice and had great conversation about our families since we all had kids. He didn't have a shot with any of us and still didn't chime in with anything about a wife or children. He did mention feeling sorry for his German Shepard that he rarely gets to see due to long hours.

He has kids. Think it was 3 girls and a boy. They live in the US. Husband and I saw pics.