Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

Alex at this point I don't give a d@mn about any of this like I said After I heard he paid $$ for their surgeries and flights I'm not going to support or back anyone. But I haven't bullied anyone and our full names should be removed!

No I think we should leave the bullies comments up here to remind us all what type of people they are and to ensure us and our children never embarrass ourselves the way they have.

Wow, now I'm being threatened via Facebook by "Whitney Uberdriver": "Do not act like I am attacking this woman! She has been coming at me for the last 48 hours! I have extreme experience in SEO and building very powerful websites. You have no chance when it comes to attempting to ruin my name. You are running a company that can be run into the ground. This is not how you should be doing business." Then I get this threat: Followed by another threat: "I see you just released another book too on Amazon. I and several others have read it. I think we are all entitled to a review.... right?" I think Uber should know how abusive one of their drivers is behaving online.....

Whitney clearly haves some pretty deep ceded psychological issues. I am sorry she is doing this to you Alex. Do you think it is possible that she is Omar's current lady of the week and that is why she is defensive of him? I really can't see any other reason for her behavior. And what grounds would she have to press charges, this thread is not even about her. Is she somehow connected to Dr. Illan and Omar in a way we are not aware of. I believe it is time for me to put on my "investigative hat".

It is funny she is accusing me of being the "current lady" when she knows I posted that I am happily married of 7 years with 3 children. One of which is my 9 year old sister -whom weve adopted- and was sexually molested. Of all people to understand and defend legitimate victims, I see the product of what a predator can do to someone first handedly every single day.

This assumption was spread by this same jealous and obsessed group of women who now accusing omar of preying on them. Therefore, this is why I question anything they say.

But my original responses have since been removed and my account banned twice because I did nothing but made valid points.

I can agree omar should not have had any relations other than professional with these women, but it is not like he was preying on them. I have heard both sides of the stories in full detail.

Those of you on the outside should seek both sides of the story prior to making judgements. Last i checked, omar isn't here. People make mistakes, but I am sure he sincerely and genuinely cared for atleast two of these women the same way they did him at one point and for an extended period of time.

Susan, You are not a nice person.  This is not the first person to whom you've done this, and you are only getting away with this since these professionals reside in another country.  You'd better hope that Dr. Illan and Omar don't convince a judge in the US that there is jurisdiction based on the nature of their business.  You and this website would be in a heap of legal trouble for defamation and libel if this were a US doctor.  Aside from it being illegal, it is morally wrong.  

If anyone is interesting in deciding how credible Susan is, just read her past posts.  The timing of these "warnings" seem to be immediately after she's had personal interactions with these professionals.  When they don't do what she wants, she tries to defame them.  I hope that they can make a case for defamation here because it's time for some accountability.

It doesn't matter what *Susan* wrote before or otherwise. The info is what's matters. Both sides confirm that this guy has slept with several(if not dozens) patients. No matter what he should not be doing that. We have ethics in this country for that reason. The fact that he does so much business in this country he should be held to the same standards. Also this guy doesn't care that these girls are puky or bloated as long as he gets his rocks off. I'm sorry the doctor needs to address this issue because all it does is make his office look bad.. Tell the Latin lover to keep it in his pants.

Sure it matters.  It speaks to her credibility.  Also, I don't appreciate the dig at Latinos. 

Sure it matters.  It speaks to her credibility.  Also, I don't appreciate the dig at Latinos. 

Well, I don't appreciate the digs at myself and the victims in this thread either. 

Now, lets talk about my credibility.  I have been a member of this forum almost since its beginning.  I know a lot of people as a result, have made a lot of friends here, and as I was administrator for years, people felt comfortable confiding in me.  I don't hide behind a screen name or a fake picture.  My screen name is my real name and the picture is me.  My Facebook information is in my signature.  I worked for Alex directly for over a year as a coordinator.  In doing so, I gained even more contacts in Mexico and the US.  I resigned in January after getting a major promotion at my "day" job, but continued to maintain those contacts.  Nothing made up there.  Fact.

I had surgery in Mexico.  I had many issues for several years following that I did not attribute to having anything to do with my sleeve.  When I went to a doctor about my issues, after a multitude of tests, yes, it was determined my problems were a result of my sleeve not being perfomed properly.  Then, after posting about it on facebook, another of my friends who went to the same surgeon advised me she had recently gone to her doctor for the exact same thing, and was told the same thing I was.  Nothing made up there, Fact.

In my process of being a coordinator, I referred a patient to a surgeon in Mexico.  While there she died.  I'm not going to go into great details, but the surgeon said it was due to undisclosed medical issues.  Again, after remaining in close contact with this person's husband and others, it was determined she had no undisclosed medical conditions.  There was a lawsuit in process, I had been contacted regarding it, I had seen medical records.  Nothing made up there.  Fact.

I became close friends with another coordinator for a different surgeon in Mexico.  When she quit working for him and I inquired as to why, she shared with me that he had told her he sleeved her, but in truth did not, his own coordinator.  She also had the medical records to show it.  When she confronted him, he admitted it.  She shared part of that information of the confrontation with me.  Nothing made up there.  Fact.

And then, there is this issue with Omar.  I have stated from the start, Dr. Illan is a good surgeon.  Omar is the problem.  When one person came to me, I questioned the validity.  However, after seven have come forward, I can no longer question it.  There is inappopriate and unethical behavior going on on Omar's part.  Nothing made up there.  Fact.

Now, who are you that you are able to discredit me?  What is your real name?  Where is your picture?  What is your background? 

Edited by *susan*

Are you suggesting that ethnic slurs are acceptable when a person feels slighted by others?  Also, I wonder why you responded in the first person to a statement I made to another user of this website.  Hmm.

Are you asserting that you do not have a personal relationship with one of the founding members of this website?  Is that relationship predatory?  Could such a relationship be considered predatory since you are a patient, as well?  If I were he, I'd stay well away from someone with such a long list of accusations.

Do you mean that you did not work for a competing doctor at the time of the "discovery" of the first incident?  Do you mean that you referred many patients to the doctor for whom a patient died?  Are you certain that you didn't take issue with the death of that patient until you were dismissed from employment? 

Didn't you seek medical treatment from the doctor to whom you referred patients?  Didn't you, in fact, seek medical treatment in Tijuana AFTER you posted that it was extremely dangerous to do so?

Are you sure you didn't "find out" about a personal relationship of Omar's immediately following being denied for medical treatment by one of the medical teams you've accused?  Could it be possible that this denial comes, in part, from medical professionals fearing getting involved with someone so inclined toward slander and defamation?

I'm curious as to why, and perhaps you can answer this...  Why would women randomly seek you out to confide their deepest secrets if they'd felt victimized? I mean, I'm struggling to understand how it comes to be that a coordinator who is in no way connected to a medical team becomes the personal confidant of slighted or victimized patients.  Can you tell me how, was it seven you said?, how did these women come to find you to express this very personal experience of feeling "taken advantage of?"

I saw no ethnic slur and I'm Mexican.  Perhaps I'm not looking to be offended.   ;)

Nail...head...you hit it ;)

The suggestion that Latinos are somehow more sexually inclined is an ethnic slur.  It's about as clever as bringing up a picture of Sambo to African-Americans, and it gets old.

Also, to Susan, I posted before I told you who I am.  I am a public school teacher in Washington State.  I'm going to avoid posting my name, as all teachers should do in public forums.  Before my degree in education, my background was in law enforcement.  You can dig all you want to.  There's no dirt to find.  What more would you like to know that you can't find in my past posts?

I don't know why my photo disappeared from this site, but I'll post a new one some time today.

Edited by maestrita

Your kidding right! How does showing a picture of sambo to African Americans the same as saying latinos are latin lovers? There is a huge difference between the two! All the latinos I know and are acquainted with they are proud to be known as very sexual people! I have been married to my latin lover for 28 years.

First off SUSAN, I use COEXIST23 as a name of here for reason, but thanks for putting my real name out there!!! Very professional!!!! There's that 8 years of experience!

Second of all, Omar and I flirted together and what he said to me was funny and in a joking manner. I would LOVE to get the name of the person who told you this. Let me guess, one of the many girls who Omar has slept with. Yes, I know all about 2 of the girls he has been involved with. They both were completely consensual. He is a grown ass man and these are grown ass woman. One of these girls is super hurt by Omar and will do anything to bring him down. Clearly she is using you to do her dirty work.

It doesn't matter who is an adult and who is not. There is an ethical issue here. I don't know anyone involved so I am not writing specifically about Omar but anyone in medicine. If this happened, and I have no reason to assume it did not considering the sensitive nature of the complaints and the number of complaints, Omar had no business allowing anything to happen even if the women made advances. It's basic ethics 101. Patients are vulnerable and it is NEVER okay to have a relationship with a patient as long as that patient is a patient. In the US a surgeon would be reprimanded by the Board of Medicine in their state if complaints were made.

And just because it is Mexico does not mean complaints cannot be made to the proper authorities (in medicine).

I actually agree that Omar hides stuff since I had a complication and wanted to ask Dr. Illan about it and told Omar to ask him. I never got a response and when I asked Dr. Illan personally when he came to the hotel, he knew nothing about it. Did Omar forget to ask? Maybe. But my question never got to Dr. Illan. Please don't be so quick to ruin the rep of a man that saved my life. I didn't got to MX for Omar, I went despite him.

It does not matter if the doctor knows or not. The bottom line is that any doctor is responsible for all his staff and their behaviors. It is up to any doctor to make sure emails cannot be blocked from their view. They should be checking up on their staff, their reps depend on it.

I actually agree that Omar hides stuff since I had a complication and wanted to ask Dr. Illan about it and told Omar to ask him. I never got a response and when I asked Dr. Illan personally when he came to the hotel, he knew nothing about it. Did Omar forget to ask? Maybe. But my question never got to Dr. Illan. Please don't be so quick to ruin the rep of a man that saved my life. I didn't got to MX for Omar, I went despite him.

It does not matter if the doctor knows or not. The bottom line is that any doctor is responsible for all his staff and their behaviors. It is up to any doctor to make sure emails cannot be blocked from their view. They should be checking up on their staff, their reps depend on it.[/quoteLet me tell you what I know about this situation between Omar and Dr Illan. Omar is a convicted felon, who had served time in prison and has been deported twice. He grew up an illegal alien in Pasadena California and was the leader of an Hispanic street gang there in Pasadena. He can never go back to the US, if he is caught there again he will serve serious hard time. He came to Tijuana to be free and to start over, so he began working as a coordinator for Dr Kelly in Tijuana. How a convicted gang leader could acquire such a position is beyond me but he does have some education and he is an excellent salesman. Now while working with this surgeon, that is where he met and became friends with Dr Illan. Dr Illan was getting experience in bariatric surgery by assisting Dr Kelly. Omar will tell you a good story about how he and Dr Illan came to be business partners and that is how he describes them, and they made an agreement to stick together as a team no matter what. Dr Illan knows the truth about how and why Omar was fired from his last job, he knows it because he was there.

MXtransformed... pretty serious accusations so I assume you have verification?