Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

They have all posted their information in other places as well.

That STILL doesn't. Give you the right to use our names!!!!!

This was public info and posted in error. I removed the names as soon as requested.

But they are STILL in quoted areas!

I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH THIS SITE AND THE OWNER ALLOWING THIS TO CONTINUE. I HAVE SENT ALEX A MESSAGE WITH NO RESPONSE. BOTH SIDES HAVE BEEN STATED. PEOPLE CAN TAKE IT FROM THERE. THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE LOCKED. YOU CAN LEAVE THE WARNINGS AND WHAT OTERS HAVE SAID ABOUT THE DOCTOR FROM THEIR EXPERIENCE. THE REST NEEDS TO BE GONE. I AM ALL BUT READY TO LEAVE THIS SITE AND GO ELSEWHERE. YES I AM YELLING AND I AM ANGRY! THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE A PLACE FOR SUPPORT, NOT A SITE FOR BULLYING AND HIGH SCHOOL GAMES. MY LIFE IS IMPORTANT TO ME AND SO IS MY HEALTH. I COME FOR SUPPORT AND THIS IS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE. I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS SOMETHING PEOPLE LOOKING FOR SUPPORT ARE SEEKING. I AM JUST SURPRISED THAT ALEX ALLOWS THIS TO CONTINUE. EVEN HE DIDN'T EVEN RESPOND TO A PERSONAL MESSAGE.

I am sorry you feel this way. As you were told previously, no one is forcing you to continue to click on this thread and read it. But, to help me understand, if it isn't all bunnies and unicorns, you don't think it should be posted on Bariatric Pal? You believe that because you don't like being exposed to ugliness that takes place in this world, the post should be closed down?

Bariatric Pal is a wonderful support site. There are literally thousands of posts for you to read, and you can create your own. However, it is also a place where people come to seek information. What should I eat, what doctor should I go to, am I safe traveling to Mexico? These questions deserved to be answered as well, if unethical conduct is occurring, people have a right to know. And, as in any situation, there will be two sides to every story, and opinions will be discussed and debated. Alex chooses to allow this post to continue because it is extremely important information and people need to know. He continues to leave it open because there are at least two more of the now seven victims who are trying to work up the nerve to face the "firing squad" and share what happened with them. They have a right to be heard, people have a right to hear it.

Sorry if we offend you, at a message board where there are literally thousands of members, it is going to be impossible to please everyone. We do the best we can, but we also accept there will be times we are unable to.

This was public info and posted in error. I removed the names as soon as requested.

They were deleted as well.

Actually, once they're in the public domain we have the legal right to use your names. Out of decently and privacy, I removed your names.

He accomplished what he wanted...he got the so called "bullies" names out there.

I have nothing to hide. My Facebook information is in my signature. My email and phone number information are listed on my facebook. Before you make assumptions about who I am or what my motives are, which are purely to make sure no other woman are taken advantage of, learn who I am first. You are welcome to contact me anytime. Now, I am going to share something. I am passionate about helping these woman. One is because I have and continue to be passionate about weight loss surgery, its benefits and helping others achieve their goals. Two, I strongly believe in doing what is right, and speaking out when I know someone is doing wrong, or has been done wrong. To see these woman bullied the way they have been breaks my heart. To hear everyone state they are responsible or asked for it just kills me. Only three people in the world know what I am about to share, but I guess that is about to change. Five years ago I went through a divorce. I was newly divorced, thin for the first time since my teens and there was a whole new world out there for me. However, I was very naive about a lot of things. I was very vulnerable and not very strong emotionally. I was the former fat girl and loved feeling sexy and loved it when men noticed me. I was on a website and a man began being very friendly towards me. He was a professional body builder, I couldn't believe it, a professional body builder showing interest in my fat self. Because you see, when I looked in the mirror, I still saw the fat girl. He was suave, handsome, and well, a body builder, you can imagine. It was a local website and he asked me one Sunday if I wanted to come to his apartment to watch the race with him. Now, at 40+ years of age, any person in a normal state of mind would have thought, hey, this is the first time you are meeting this guy, perhaps you should be wise and keep it to a public place until you know him better. But, as I said, newly divorced, vulnerable, low self-esteem and this body builder was interested in me! So, I headed on over to his house. I wasn't there five minutes before he was all over me. I realized in a hurry this was not what I was prepared for and told him this was going someplace I wasn't ready to go and was going to leave. At that point, he literally carried me into his bedroom and proceeded to have his way with me. I tried to fight him off, but, again, he was a body builder and I was me, the more I fought, the more it hurt, so I stopped fighting. When he was done, he threw my clothes at me, called me a effing ***** and that he was going to take a shower and I had better be gone by the time he got out. I ran out of there. I was afraid to tell anyone what happened because he was fairly well known in the area and I didn't think anyone would believe me. Like many of these woman, I went through an emotional hell. I thought it was my fault, I am a grown woman, I got what I deserved because I put myself in that position. But later, I learned someone did report him. He is now living in a nice little jail cell. Turns out, he also preyed upon woman. He realized newly divorced woman were vulnerable, many were desperate to feel loved or needed, and they fell for him. He knew all the right things to say to get these woman, including myself, to come to his apartment. And everyone of the woman had the same story, whether he took them by force, or they willingly submitted, once the act was over, he demanded they leave and never heard from him again. It was not any of our faults. Just because we made an unwise decision during a time of emotional turmoil and vulnerability in our lives did not mean we deserved what this man did to us. You know what, the same goes for Omar's victims. If Omar approached them in an inappropriate manner and they refused and nothing physical happened, it was wrong of him, he took advantage of his position and it was unethical. If they fell for him, did have a "romantic' relationship with him, or whatever it should be called, he still took advantage of them when they were vulnerable, alone and afraid, and again, it was him taking advantage of his position and it was unethical. This is why I fight for these woman, this is why I fight for what is right. There is no black and white. There is only right or wrong. And it is wrong of him to satisfy his physical and emotional needs with patients who put their trust in him. He is a man, it is perfectly normal for him to seek the "company" of a woman, however, it should be someone he meets outside of his business.

I am sorry this happened to you

You're very courageous to share that.

For the record, the Team Illan founder's and head admin's names are published at the Team Illan Facebook page. (The group is "closed," but not "secret.")

Yes, please show us where their full names are linked together with their Bariatric Pal user names. Other than Alex's faux pas. Oh that's right, you can't.

They were deleted as well.

Actually, once they're in the public domain we have the legal right to use your names. Out of decently and privacy, I removed your names.

Thank you.

Wow, now I'm being threatened via Facebook by "Whitney Uberdriver":

"Do not act like I am attacking this woman! She has been coming at me for the last 48 hours! I have extreme experience in SEO and building very powerful websites. You have no chance when it comes to attempting to ruin my name. You are running a company that can be run into the ground. This is not how you should be doing business."

Then I get this threat:

Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 7.46.14 PM.png

Followed by another threat:

"I see you just released another book too on Amazon. I and several others have read it. I think we are all entitled to a review.... right?"

I think Uber should know how abusive one of their drivers is behaving online.....

Yet they have no issue with publicly ousting the victims' affairs and personal life stories for their own benefit. Huh. Interesting.

We are simply putting the truth out there of ONE of your victims. I have never said her name. She is hiding so much from you guys it's not even funny.

Yes, please show us where their full names are linked together with their Bariatric Pal user names. Other than Alex's faux pas. Oh that's right, you can't.

For one thing, coexist23's handle and her real name are linked all over the Internet.

Just google coexist23.