Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

Alex at this point I don't give a d@mn about any of this like I said

After I heard he paid $$ for their surgeries and flights I'm not going to support or back anyone. But I haven't bullied anyone and our full names should be removed!

I did, it's up there ^^^^^^ ;)

Lol... I was so excited to see you jump in I didn't read through the whole thread. My bad. :-)

Edited by shellief

Are our personal names not protected here? That is really uncomfortable given the nature of the site. .

I have just been contacted by yet another victim. Clearly, this man is taking advantage of his position. He is so unprofessional and of low moral character and no ethics. I am just speechless.

could you have them write out there stories and you post them? I want to understand what is really going on is he paying for there surgeries for sex?

Edited by Chubtastic

Are our personal names not protected here? That is really uncomfortable given the nature of the site. .

This was public info and posted in error. I removed the names as soon as requested.

How do I contact you Alex? You obviously don't know the whole story! Or do you only want one side of it?

You can PM me. Not sure why this has to be discussed privately.

For the record, the Team Illan founder's and head admin's names are published at the Team Illan Facebook page. (The group is "closed," but not "secret.")

Nonetheless it seemed unnecessary to post them here. It only serves to further incite hostility.

I am so perplexed at the moment.......

If your allegations are founded, Omar has some predatory behavior, and the women definitely need some counseling. I know exactly what patients look like post-operatively and attractive is FAR from it. If these women are alleging the inappropriate contact occurred while they were under the influence of drugs post-operatively, you don't need to be on this forum with this story, you need to be at a police station helping victims file a report. I've read a lot of posts and it seems that patients show up either the day before surgery or the day of surgery; so the opportunity to prey upon women while they have their wits about them is really limited; otherwise it occurs while they are hours or a day out of surgery and under the influence of medication. That is serious. It is a crime and should be reported. Only the people who experienced it truly knows what happened. If a crime occured, he should be reported whether it's one female or fifty females.

I'm sure all of the details are not in your post, but I must tell you it almost sounds like he may use his position to pick up women. It would be no different than an athlete picking up women at a sporting event. Obese women (not all) often times do have low self esteem and can be vulnerable; however, women have fallen for men's pick-up lines and bullsh!t for a millennium. It's no different anywhere you go. Why in the world would an obese woman traveling to Mexico possibly think she has found love after a two day hit-and-miss encounter with a charming, helpful employee?

You have to request that your name be removed that was posted on purpose by the owner of this group? Are you kidding me? This site is the most unbelievable, unprofessional piece of garbage around. I wouldn't believe Alex or Susan if they told me that grass is green. If Susan or Alex cared one iota about any future Dr. Illan patients they would've gone about this in a totally different manner. It's evident they're in it for the drama and money by 1) letting this continue, 2) bickering with posters and at times making fun of situations i.e. Susan's fiancée "Bill" and 3) blatantly posting members names. Ridiculous!

I have nothing to hide. My Facebook information is in my signature. My email and phone number information are listed on my facebook. Before you make assumptions about who I am or what my motives are, which are purely to make sure no other woman are taken advantage of, learn who I am first. You are welcome to contact me anytime.

Now, I am going to share something. I am passionate about helping these woman. One is because I have and continue to be passionate about weight loss surgery, its benefits and helping others achieve their goals. Two, I strongly believe in doing what is right, and speaking out when I know someone is doing wrong, or has been done wrong.

To see these woman bullied the way they have been breaks my heart. To hear everyone state they are responsible or asked for it just kills me. Only three people in the world know what I am about to share, but I guess that is about to change. Five years ago I went through a divorce. I was newly divorced, thin for the first time since my teens and there was a whole new world out there for me. However, I was very naive about a lot of things. I was very vulnerable and not very strong emotionally. I was the former fat girl and loved feeling sexy and loved it when men noticed me. I was on a website and a man began being very friendly towards me. He was a professional body builder, I couldn't believe it, a professional body builder showing interest in my fat self. Because you see, when I looked in the mirror, I still saw the fat girl. He was suave, handsome, and well, a body builder, you can imagine. It was a local website and he asked me one Sunday if I wanted to come to his apartment to watch the race with him. Now, at 40+ years of age, any person in a normal state of mind would have thought, hey, this is the first time you are meeting this guy, perhaps you should be wise and keep it to a public place until you know him better. But, as I said, newly divorced, vulnerable, low self-esteem and this body builder was interested in me! So, I headed on over to his house. I wasn't there five minutes before he was all over me. I realized in a hurry this was not what I was prepared for and told him this was going someplace I wasn't ready to go and was going to leave. At that point, he literally carried me into his bedroom and proceeded to have his way with me. I tried to fight him off, but, again, he was a body builder and I was me, the more I fought, the more it hurt, so I stopped fighting. When he was done, he threw my clothes at me, called me a effing whore and that he was going to take a shower and I had better be gone by the time he got out. I ran out of there. I was afraid to tell anyone what happened because he was fairly well known in the area and I didn't think anyone would believe me. Like many of these woman, I went through an emotional hell. I thought it was my fault, I am a grown woman, I got what I deserved because I put myself in that position. But later, I learned someone did report him. He is now living in a nice little jail cell. Turns out, he also preyed upon woman. He realized newly divorced woman were vulnerable, many were desperate to feel loved or needed, and they fell for him. He knew all the right things to say to get these woman, including myself, to come to his apartment. And everyone of the woman had the same story, whether he took them by force, or they willingly submitted, once the act was over, he demanded they leave and never heard from him again. It was not any of our faults. Just because we made an unwise decision during a time of emotional turmoil and vulnerability in our lives did not mean we deserved what this man did to us.

You know what, the same goes for Omar's victims. If Omar approached them in an inappropriate manner and they refused and nothing physical happened, it was wrong of him, he took advantage of his position and it was unethical. If they fell for him, did have a "romantic' relationship with him, or whatever it should be called, he still took advantage of them when they were vulnerable, alone and afraid, and again, it was him taking advantage of his position and it was unethical. This is why I fight for these woman, this is why I fight for what is right. There is no black and white. There is only right or wrong. And it is wrong of him to satisfy his physical and emotional needs with patients who put their trust in him. He is a man, it is perfectly normal for him to seek the "company" of a woman, however, it should be someone he meets outside of his business.

For the record, the Team Illan founder's and head admin's names are published at the Team Illan Facebook page. (The group is "closed," but not "secret.")

They have all posted their information in other places as well.