Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

te name="LipstickLady" post="3542777" timestamp="1405452234"]

<p>You know what Lipstick lady, I coud be wrong but I actually I don't think there is any medical ethic in the usa covering an administrative support staff dating a former patient. I will have to research it. I am certainly not excusing the situation - I think it is a dumb thing to date former patients - the same way I think co-workers dating is not that bright. If this stuff happened while in the hospital definitely totally not cool - but that doesn't seem to be the case here as it seems to have happened later when they returned to visit HIM (not as a patient).</p> <p> </p> <p>And yes, several people have mentioned the scenario that I mentioned about the impression that people got that he was somehow molesting people while under anesthesia (or the like). </p>

. Let me clarify something for you Travelmego, what happened to me did take place when I was there for my sleeve and not on a return visit. I did go back to Tijuana, but not it was to have another surgery, he and I were not even communicating any more. I did stay at the same hotel because it is safe, nice and close to the hospital I was using. However I was not prepared for the fact that he has keys or pass cards rather to these rooms. Imagine my surprise to walk into my room one evening only to find him there.

So if you weren't talking any more, then you must have paid for your flight, pick up from the airport, hotel and never expected any other travel arrangements from him. He basically just showed up to fk you and you had no idea. Right? Answer carefully because I've got a screen shot of you telling someone that he left you at the dentist because he was busy working and that made you mad.

How bizarre and creepy is it that all these people take screenshots of everything? Seriously! HA!

Just so you know, when you quote someone, it's kind of exactly like taking a screen shot.... " Seriously! HA! "

Bless your heart...

No, sweetheart. It's letting the person to whom I'm replying know that I'm speaking to them. I'm sorry if that's confusing to you. :D

Edited by LipstickLady

<p>You know what Lipstick lady, I coud be wrong but I actually I don't think there is any medical ethic in the usa covering an administrative support staff dating a former patient. I will have to research it. I am certainly not excusing the situation - I think it is a dumb thing to date former patients - the same way I think co-workers dating is not that bright. If this stuff happened while in the hospital definitely totally not cool - but that doesn't seem to be the case here as it seems to have happened later when they returned to visit HIM (not as a patient).</p> <p> </p> <p>And yes, several people have mentioned the scenario that I mentioned about the impression that people got that he was somehow molesting people while under anesthesia (or the like). </p>

. Let me clarify something for you Travelmego, what happened to me did take place when I was there for my sleeve and not on a return visit. I did go back to Tijuana, but not it was to have another surgery, he and I were not even communicating any more. I did stay at the same hotel because it is safe, nice and close to the hospital I was using. However I was not prepared for the fact that he has keys or pass cards rather to these rooms. Imagine my surprise to walk into my room one evening only to find him there.

This is a lie!!!! They flirted around during the first visit and had sex on the return visit!!!! Quit lying "S"!!!!!!!

You need to follow our posted forum rules or you'll give us no option but to suspend your account. Please stop the name calling and cussing.

so you are a follower of Christ?

Then you know we ARE called to judge. "Jesus stated, “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24). Notice the Lord’s command to judge. But before we make that judgment, we must make sure we are judging righteously from God’s Word and not relying on our own opinion." Last I checked God said do not commit adultery, actually he made it a commandment. N'uff said.

So you are saying you have the God given right to condemn people! So tell me how does it feel when people judge you? Adultery is not the reason this post was started. If you go back to the begining it is about a man who has been seducing women and warning other women not to fall for his tactics and lies.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster says, "Be cautious with thine colander, lest you lose thine pasta."

so you are a follower of Christ?

Then you know we ARE called to judge. "Jesus stated, “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24). Notice the Lord’s command to judge. But before we make that judgment, we must make sure we are judging righteously from God’s Word and not relying on our own opinion." Last I checked God said do not commit adultery, actually he made it a commandment. N'uff said.

So you are saying you have the God given right to condemn people! So tell me how does it feel when people judge you? Adultery is not the reason this post was started. If you go back to the begining it is about a man who has been seducing women and warning other women not to fall for his tactics and lies.

Discerning not condeming i have no power to condem anyone. Your judging me now :) everyone judges everyone everyday even if they don't realize it. And I just stated that her credibility was in question here. And then posted that scripture out of context that's how we ended up here. We can continue this in pm if you want but I've been told not to get off topic here gotta respect the rules

Discerning not condeming i have no power to condem anyone. Your judging me now :) everyone judges everyone everyday even if they don't realize it. And I just stated that her credibility was in question here. And then posted that scripture out of context that's how we ended up here. We can continue this in pm if you want but I've been told not to get off topic here gotta respect the rules

Thank you!!

No I would rather not elaborate on mine or anyone else's religious beliefs. I just hope and pray that this post has given enough warning out there to the future patients of this doctor. Even though the doctor is great, you need to be warned about his seducing coordinator and all the other hoopla that will happen if you fall for his tactics.

It seems that the members of Team Illan who've spoken up here have a different moral code than those of us who support the six women who fell prey to The Fabulous Omar.  

Not saying it's better or worse--but definitely different.  

So unless some more of those six women want to tell their stories or the two who've already posted here wish to expand on their stories, I guess the two groups are just hanging around staring at each other with our mouths open, unable to understand how the other side can possibly see things the way they see things.  

In the meantime, a record about The Fabulous Omar and His Treacheries (or His Romances, depending on which camp you're in) has been created here for all to read and interpret.  Alex has made clear the thread won't be deleted.  

So unless someone wants to post pix of their tattoos or before-and-after plastic surgeries, what else is there to talk about?  

It seems that the members of Team Illan who've spoken up here have a different moral code than those of us who support the six women who fell prey to The Fabulous Omar.  

So unless some more of those six women want to tell their stories or the two who've already posted here wish to expand on their stories, I guess the two groups are just hanging around staring at each other with our mouths open, unable to understand how the other side can possibly see things the way they see things.  

In the meantime, a record about The Fabulous Omar and His Treacheries (or His Romances, depending on which camp you're in) has been created here for all to read and interpret.  Alex has made clear the thread won't be deleted.  

So unless someone wants to post pix of their tattoos or before-and-after plastic surgeries, what else is there to talk about?  

Honestly, if I were one of the six, I would come nowhere near this thread. You can see how the two that came forward were already torn apart and blamed for what happened to them. 

No I would rather not elaborate on mine or anyone else's religious beliefs. I just hope and pray that this post has given enough warning out there to the future patients of this doctor. Even though the doctor is great, you need to be warned about his seducing coordinator and all the other hoopla that will happen if you fall for his tactics.

Fair enough. Consider me warned but I think I'll still go with dr.ILLAN and Omar will just have to resist my feminine wiles! But in all seriousness my husband will accompany to make sure there is no funny business and everyone should take this a lesson to be careful who date/hookup/fall for you girls are worth more than a booty call! :)

Well, I was about to give you all the 'benefit' of my utter verbosity.... Maybe I won't...

Or maybe I should?!! :blink:

Madame, I always want to hear your point of view.  

Please!  

Thank you!!

I just read this entire thread, and I think my head may explode.

I don't know Omar, Susan, Dr. Illan, or anyone else here. But what I do know is that from what I can tell, Omar's behavior was EXTREMELY unprofessional, and I would have expected to see each and every woman and decent man in here saying something along the lines of "if that happened, it is horrible, and it needs to be addressed". I didn't expect blind acceptance, but a measure of "hey if this happened that sucks" would have been ok.

The lack of compassion for others that is displayed here is appalling. Omar is an a-hole if he did these things, and although a-hole does not equal rapist, it certainly does, in this situation, equal someone who ought to be prevented from working with female patients in this capacity.

By the way, I have seen right here in this thread so many misconceptions about rape, assault, and unethical behavior that it makes my head spin. I am so very sad about it.

Now, my personal opinions:

@@*susan* I can understand why you wanted to speak out on behalf of these women, and I get it. BUT I do think, personally, that it would have been easier to process, more effective to serve your purpose, and better received, if you had been able to convince the women to post their stories in the beginning rather than you making the post. I know you were doing what you felt was right. I dig it. But the purpose was to warn women about a predatory man, and I just think that message was lost because you were the message bearer. In the case that they did not want to post themselves, and I can understand why they wouldn't want to, then it may have been better to make the post more general. Just my opinion. Either way I respect your intentions.

Also, to @Chubtastic: Ma'am. Call me a feminist, and maybe I am, but even if this situation was COMPLETELY above board (which it is not BY FAR), I am amazed at your almost instinctual defending of the male person (the accused) in this scenario. Males are not automatically guilty, but I must say that you excuse Omar's behavior multiple times while condemning this woman because she was married. Who hurt you? He doesn't have a life outside of work? Really??? So, if a professional is busy, it's perfectly fine for him to make sexual advances toward his clients? That is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life. Holy cow, baby, come on back to earth. There's room for you here, I promise...

...not that I'm sure I want to be on earth anymore.

I hope that Dr. Illan is able to take out the trash and restore some order to his coordinating team. Until now, I've only ever heard good things about him, and I hope he would not knowingly allow this sort of behavior to continue.

Actually, I believe another of the woman will be sharing what happened with her. I have given her fair warning that she will most likely be vehemently attacked and bullied, but she is quite tough and I believe she can handle it.