Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

Actually, the different scenarios you gave all have different answers. Teacher/student....the teacher has POWER over the student to give a bad grade.

Coach/player.....same as above

Therapist/patient.....therapy for what? Physical therapy? Its fine if they want to. Mental where the therapist can give them a bad recommendation, then no. Again, they have power over that person.

Omar has no power over anyone. The only thing he could do is??? What? Now if he requires sex before surgery, that is a problem.

In my opinion you are being deliberately obtuse here. Just an observation.

There is so much more at play in these types of situations than any straight quid pro quo.

Edited by woo woo

I completely agree with you here. I don't like the idea of doctors or their staff dating patients because that's a line that shouldn't be crossed, in my opinion. That said, Susan used the word rape and spoke of sexual harassment and things of that nature and I really think that she has no business posting things like that. If the victim of such behavior wants to post it, that's their business to do so. It's difficult to see something like this written about your surgeon and their coordinator when a) you've had an excellent experience with them, and B) Susan has trashed many other doctors on this site for various reasons. It just seems so fake and unprofessional on her part. I think that's where the vitriol from some of Dr. Illan's patients comes from. Certainly not from a stance of victim blaming.

Heather, I challenge you to go back and quote where I used the word "rape". I believe you will have a very difficult time doing so, because I did not. I also challenge you post links to all these other threads where I have "trashed many other doctors". I posted about my experience with my surgeon, that was it.

Wow, this thread has gotten out of hand in a day. Some seem to confuse word of mouth as firsthand knowledge. The fact remains if these adult women had consensual sex with this Doc no laws have been broken. Many that have used this Doc did not experience the alleged predatory behavior that Susan claims. My advices to men that work around women is always have a witness in site. I have known several male teachers who have lost their jobs or been jailed by this same type of innuendo. Shame on those that who perpetuate it.

Here's what I don't understand -- why does such "fandom" arise around specific surgeons / bariatric centers, to the point that the fandom becomes cultlike? And by "cultlike" I mean an organization (even a social group) in which criticism or inspection or even questions about a professional person is considered unseemly or disloyal? I do understand that if "Team Surgeon X" is run by people who get referral fees for signing up patients to book their medical procedures with Surgeon X, they will want to protect Surgeon X's and their own financial interests. But there's the rub--medicine is BOTH a profession AND a business. And its business aspects should NEVER outweigh medicine's professional obligations. That's the very reason why the professions (all of them) have ethical codes. In the U.S., the American Medical Association's Code of Medical Ethics applies. See http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/medical-ethics/code-medical-ethics.page. Here's a short excerpt from that Code: The practice of medicine, and its embodiment in the clinical encounter between a patient and a physician, is fundamentally a moral activity that arises from the imperative to care for patients and to alleviate suffering. * * * The relationship between patient and physician is based on trust and gives rise to physicians’ ethical obligations to place patients’ welfare above their own self-interest and above obligations to other groups, and to advocate for their patients’ welfare. I assume that Mexican doctors and their practices have the same ethical obligations to their patients.

That is a really tough one. The best I can figure is because Surgeon X performed their surgery, they develop almost a hero worship type devotion to them. This person changed their life, they are healthy now, they are happier, and they give all the credit for that to Surgeon X. Because everything went perfectly for them, how could it have possibly gone any other way for anyone else? So, they come out in full force, well, in actually reality their are only a few here, as the same ones keep posting, to defend their hero. And in doing so, they will do everything they can to divert attention away from them, which includes going after others, discrediting others, attacking the victims or trying to make themselves appear the victim. It really is sad, and fascinating at the same time.

Ha! Not sure how that emoticon made it into my post but I'll leave it.

I completely agree with you here. I don't like the idea of doctors or their staff dating patients because that's a line that shouldn't be crossed, in my opinion. That said, Susan used the word rape and spoke of sexual harassment and things of that nature and I really think that she has no business posting things like that. If the victim of such behavior wants to post it, that's their business to do so.

It's difficult to see something like this written about your surgeon and their coordinator when a) you've had an excellent experience with them, and B) Susan has trashed many other doctors on this site for various reasons. It just seems so fake and unprofessional on her part. I think that's where the vitriol from some of Dr. Illan's patients comes from. Certainly not from a stance of victim blaming. 

I cringe every time the word rape is used here. I don't think rape in it's true sense occurred. That said, if one uses his/her position of power or authority to seduce a patient/client/student he/she is acting unethically and that's a HUGE abuse of position and influence. That's scary.

Wow, this thread has gotten out of hand in a day. Some seem to confuse word of mouth as firsthand knowledge. The fact remains if these adult women had consensual sex with this Doc no laws have been broken. Many that have used this Doc did not experience the alleged predatory behavior that Susan claims. My advices to men that work around women is always have a witness in site. I have known several male teachers who have lost their jobs or been jailed by this same type of innuendo. Shame on those that who perpetuate it.

Just to clarify ... It is not the doctor that engaged in a supposed relationship, but the patient coordinator. A patient coordinator does not take an oath like a physician or therapist and thus would not lose a license for getting in a relationship with a patient. If this coordinator did develop a relationship with these ladies and it ended, there is no harm done, it was consentual from what I have read.

Heather, I challenge you to go back and quote where I used the word "rape". I believe you will have a very difficult time doing so, because I did not. I also challenge you post links to all these other threads where I have "trashed many other doctors". I posted about my experience with my surgeon, that was it.

The rape comment has been banned and removed..... but I think your post was something directed towards me and to the effect of

"You must be the type of person that thinks rape victims deserved to be raped because of the sexy clothes they were wearing" or something to that degree

Which is not what I said or even remotely close to what is happening here.

M is a liar. There is no one else that has come forward. But Ill go ahead and discredit another first initial that seems would potentially come forward- "S" that was also involved in making up lies about me.

I'm passionate about this because I know these two women are liars. I have experienced it first hand and the only common factor is this company.... to which it seems strange they are both single older women that started a sexual rumor about me. Sound familiar?

Edited by whitneyfarmer.new

Of course it was removed!

Un-named person, my understanding is you started the Facebook group, so again, I would expect your comments. Although, I also understand Omar was quite flirty with you and your husband was not appreciative. As I stated in my original post, I fully expected Omar's fan club to stand up for him and respond in full force to this thread. I wouldn't expect anything less from Omar to have his followers respond to this, and I am sure he has contacted Alex demanding removal of this thread. However, I posted this with his approval. I am simply posting fact. Again, while you may not have experienced this and had a great experience, many woman have not had the same experience as you. Just because it did not happen to you, doesn't mean these women were not taken advantage of. Just because a robber did not rob your bank, doesn't mean he is not a robber, just because a pedophile did not molest your child doesn't mean he is not a pedophile, just because a murderer did not murder you, does not mean he isn't a murderer. And, just because nothing inappropriate happened with you, it does not mean he wasn't inappropriate with others. People have a right to know, and I am going to make sure they know. If they take what I have shared, still choose Dr. Illan and Omar, and then have a bad experience, they can't say they were not warned.

Whitney, I believe this is the post you are referring to, and even in it, I did not use the word rape, I was simply offering up scenarios for others to consider. My comments were not removed.

Edited by *susan*

Whitney, your post just makes me sad. Are you also one of these who feels when a woman was raped, she deserved it because of the way she was dressed?

Oops. Nope. I found it. .. I guess I assumed since you deleted my messages and banned me that you deleted this one too....

This was the rape comment and comparison., Susan.

Susan, you did use the word rape within this thread. My reading comprehension is quite good, I can assure you. Perhaps it's still her, perhaps you've since deleted it. I do not care to go searching though all of the words you've written looking for it. I know what I read and I know that you are accusing Omar of forcing himself on vulnerable women. As far as the trashing of other surgeons, you need look no further than your "Think Twice" thread to see an example of that. 

I completely agree with you here. I don't like the idea of doctors or their staff dating patients because that's a line that shouldn't be crossed, in my opinion. That said, Susan used the word rape and spoke of sexual harassment and things of that nature and I really think that she has no business posting things like that. If the victim of such behavior wants to post it, that's their business to do so. It's difficult to see something like this written about your surgeon and their coordinator when a) you've had an excellent experience with them, and B) Susan has trashed many other doctors on this site for various reasons. It just seems so fake and unprofessional on her part. I think that's where the vitriol from some of Dr. Illan's patients comes from. Certainly not from a stance of victim blaming.

Oops. Nope. I found it. .. I guess I assumed since you deleted my messages and banned me that you deleted this one too.... This was the rape comment and comparison., Susan.

Again, I was using it to make a point. You are taking it out context and once again grasping at straws and trying to make this thread about you.

And, broken record time, I did not delete your messages or ban you, I do not have the rights to do that.

Just to clarify ... It is not the doctor that engaged in a supposed relationship, but the patient coordinator. A patient coordinator does not take an oath like a physician or therapist and thus would not lose a license for getting in a relationship with a patient. If this coordinator did develop a relationship with these ladies and it ended, there is no harm done, it was consentual from what I have read.

I am not being obtuse. This, from Ivana, is exactly what I have been getting at, so thanks Ivana! Omar has no power over anyone and can have consensual sex with whoever he wants and it needs to remain private. This thread is threatening the doctors rep, not that of Omar.

Soo... I'm confused by these screenshots. Susan, have you or have you not worked for or gotten compensated for work out referrals by dr. Illan and baja bariatrics. Do you still work for them now or no? I'm going to go withNO NOT ANYMORE.

M... sunwhatever, if you felt so violated, why did you take your 16 year old family member in January back to the same company, surgeon and coordinator? Or were you still obsessed?

Yes. I know who you are and I also know you were one of the women spreading rumors about me that I hooked up with omar because I went alone. This is repulsive and vindictive behavior and I am disgusted. You are a grown woman. You were a grown woman in August 2013, and you were a grown woman in January 2014, when you went back. He is obviously not a predator and you know it. Why would you give rave reviews for months and months and months and then jump ship now? I'm assuming he just isn't that into you any more. While, I said in a previous post that has since been deleted and banned by susan, I understand being turned down, dumped and/or rejected is emotionally difficult.... It happens to the best of us. I am a good amount of years younger than you and even I know this! Men are azzholes. Move on and don't look back.

You deserve more. Now act like it!

Thisisnotagoodlook

Shaking my head.

She's being trashed because she made up lies , rumors and proceeded to talk sht about me. Her word is complete bogus as far as I am concerned and only because I have been on her list of targets. She knows nothing about me.

She is full of bs and I believe nothing she says. Her statements, in those screen shots from this website, even contradict themself!

SMH.