Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

I do understand that if "Team Surgeon X" is run by people who get referral fees for signing up patients to book their medical procedures with Surgeon X, they will want to protect Surgeon X's and their own financial interests.

I do not believe anyone in Team Illan receives any type of compensation for referrals. We are just a support group on Facebook. I will speak for myself to say that I do not. I do speak up and support Dr. Illan because I believe that he is a great doctor, nothing more. I tell my story the same as others here. People should hear the good and the bad and make their own decision.

I had surgery with Dr. Illan and I am actually not a fan of Omar. When I went, I felt very much like a burden and couldn't wait to go home. That being said, I don't feel that this was the right way to do this. If Susan wanted to call out Omar for having sex with clients, then state it that way. Trying to ruin the reputation of Dr. Illan is irresponsible. There is no rape unless the woman TRULY said no and was forced. Getting your feelings hurt later doesn't make him a predator, it makes him an ass. And there are a lot of men like that. He isn't in a position of power. He can't do anything to you to make you have sex. If you consent to it, that may be a mistake you make and I feel for you (speaking to whoever "you" is) because it sucks to be dumped. I can't say if the accusations are true or not. However, blaming Dr. Illan is wrong since Susan admitted that she has not talked to him. If Omar blocks the emails and calls, how exactly would Dr. Illan know?

I actually agree that Omar hides stuff since I had a complication and wanted to ask Dr. Illan about it and told Omar to ask him. I never got a response and when I asked Dr. Illan personally when he came to the hotel, he knew nothing about it. Did Omar forget to ask? Maybe. But my question never got to Dr. Illan. Please don't be so quick to ruin the rep of a man that saved my life. I didn't got to MX for Omar, I went despite him.

PS....I have been on this site since 2005 but was forced to create a new ID because I had been off for awhile when it became bariatricpal. So I have seen posts for a long time.

Edited by Irish

I had surgery with Dr. Illan and I am actually not a fan of Omar. When I went, I felt very much like a burden and couldn't wait to go home. That being said, I don't feel that this was the right way to do this. If Susan wanted to call out Omar for having sex with clients, then state it that way. Trying to ruin the reputation of Dr. Illan is irresponsible. There is no rape unless the woman TRULY said no and was forced. Getting your feelings hurt later doesn't make him a predator, it makes him an ass. And there are a lot of men like that. He isn't in a position of power. He can't do anything to you to make you have sex. If you consent to it, that may be a mistake you make and I feel for you (speaking to whoever "you" is) because it sucks to be dumped. I can't say if the accusations are true or not. However, blaming Dr. Illan is wrong since Susan admitted that she has not talked to him. If Omar blocks the emails and calls, how exactly would Dr. Illan know?

I actually agree that Omar hides stuff since I had a complication and wanted to ask Dr. Illan about it and told Omar to ask him. I never got a response and when I asked Dr. Illan personally when he came to the hotel, he knew nothing about it. Did Omar forget to ask? Maybe. But my question never got to Dr. Illan. Please don't be so quick to ruin the rep of a man that saved my life. I didn't got to MX for Omar, I went despite him.

PS....I have been on this site since 2005 but was forced to create a new ID because I had been off for awhile when it became bariatricpal. So I have seen posts for a long time.

My goal is not to ruin Dr. Illan's reputation, I said from the very first post that I feel he is a good surgeon. However, I have been advised that he is aware of what is going on with Omar, but chooses to look the other direction. If that is the case, then that is unacceptable, unprofessional and unethical.

Edited by *susan*

I am thoroughly not impressed that Whitney's posts got deleted and she got banned for no logical reason.

I am thinking Bariatric pal i not the place for me if it is going to treat people like that.

If I were Dr. Illan, I would get a lawyer.

I cringe every time the word rape is used here. I don't think rape in it's true sense occurred. That said, if one uses his/her position of power or authority to seduce a patient/client/student he/she is acting unethically and that's a HUGE abuse of position and influence. That's scary.

I am thoroughly not impressed that Whitney's posts got deleted and she got banned for no logical reason. I am thinking Bariatric pal i not the place for me if it is going to treat people like that. If I were Dr. Illan, I would get a lawyer.

Nothing has been written that would get a lawyer to take a case.

She keeps repeating he's a good surgeon.

It's Omar the coordinator

Now again- am glad those really vehement bullying posts are gone. But this entire thread needs shutting down. Will email Alex.

attachicon.gif:[ATTACH]46402[/ATTACH]attachicon.gif:[ATTACH]46401[/ATTACH]attachicon.gif:[ATTACH]46400[/ATTACH]attachicon.gif:[ATTACH]46399[/ATTACH]attachicon.gif:[ATTACH]46398[/ATTACH]attachicon.gif:[ATTACH]46397[/ATTACH]attachicon.gif:[ATTACH]46396[/ATTACH]Soo... I'm confused by these screenshots. Susan, have you or have you not worked for or gotten compensated for work out referrals by dr. Illan and baja bariatrics. Do you still work for them now or no? I'm going to go withNO NOT ANYMORE.M... sunwhatever, if you felt so violated, why did you take your 16 year old family member in January back to the same company, surgeon and coordinator? Or were you still obsessed? Yes. I know who you are and I also know you were one of the women spreading rumors about me that I hooked up with omar because I went alone. This is repulsive and vindictive behavior and I am disgusted. You are a grown woman. You were a grown woman in August 2013, and you were a grown woman in January 2014, when you went back. He is obviously not a predator and you know it. Why would you give rave reviews for months and months and months and then jump ship now? I'm assuming he just isn't that into you any more. While, I said in a previous post that has since been deleted and banned by susan, I understand being turned down, dumped and/or rejected is emotionally difficult.... It happens to the best of us. I am a good amount of years younger than you and even I know this! Men are azzholes. Move on and don't look back.You deserve more. Now act like it!Thisisnotagoodlook

You really wonder why she was removed?

So.... She's allowed to get sympathy, play the victim card and feel attacked and I'm not?

Let's get this clear, right after I posted stating that lipstick lady and Susan are the same people, that's when I got banned, right? Fullcircle

So.... She's allowed to get sympathy, play the victim card and feel attacked and I'm not?

Let's get this clear, right after I posted stating that lipstick lady and Susan are the same people, that's when I got banned, right? Fullcircle

You said that she and I are the same people? Ha! That's hysterical.

Actually....yes. I do wonder why she was removed. She is very passionate in her defense of Omar. However, she has a valid point. Seems so far like sour grapes more than some moral issue. And the word rape should make you cringe, but glossing over it or trying to be PC by saying "non-consensual" is silly. If someone is going to be accused of non consensual sex, pull on big girl panties and call it what it is.

Again, Omar is not in a position of power. They don't pay your way to go there, you are not a hostage and have to have sex to get what you need. It is a choice the adults make. In fact, we pay to go there. We are the ones in charge.

So you think it's ok for a college professor to have sex with an 18 year old student? That student is choosing to take the class, paying to go to university, choosing to drop his/her pants.

How about a patient who does the hokey pokey with his/her therapist? That's ok, too?

A coach and a player?

Interesting.

attachicon.gif:

[ATTACH]46402[/ATTACH]

attachicon.gif:

[ATTACH]46401[/ATTACH]

attachicon.gif:

[ATTACH]46400[/ATTACH]

attachicon.gif:

[ATTACH]46399[/ATTACH]

attachicon.gif:

[ATTACH]46398[/ATTACH]

attachicon.gif:

[ATTACH]46397[/ATTACH]

attachicon.gif:

[ATTACH]46396[/ATTACH]

Soo... I'm confused by these screenshots. Susan, have you or have you not worked for or gotten compensated for work out referrals by dr. Illan and baja bariatrics. Do you still work for them now or no? I'm going to go withNO NOT ANYMORE.

M... sunwhatever, if you felt so violated, why did you take your 16 year old family member in January back to the same company, surgeon and coordinator? Or were you still obsessed?

Yes. I know who you are and I also know you were one of the women spreading rumors about me that I hooked up with omar because I went alone. This is repulsive and vindictive behavior and I am disgusted. You are a grown woman. You were a grown woman in August 2013, and you were a grown woman in January 2014, when you went back. He is obviously not a predator and you know it. Why would you give rave reviews for months and months and months and then jump ship now? I'm assuming he just isn't that into you any more. While, I said in a previous post that has since been deleted and banned by susan, I understand being turned down, dumped and/or rejected is emotionally difficult.... It happens to the best of us. I am a good amount of years younger than you and even I know this! Men are azzholes. Move on and don't look back.

You deserve more. Now act like it!

Thisisnotagoodlook

No offense but this screenshot business is hilarious. Anyone that follows this site knows that Susan used to do surgery coordination and has since quit.

#thankyoucaptainobvious

So you think it's ok for a college professor to gave sex with an 18 year old student? That student is choosing to take the class, paying to go to university, choosing to drop his/her pants.

How about a patient who does the hokey pokey with his/her therapist? That's ok, too?

A coach and a player?

Interesting.

LL is 1000% right. The issue here is imbalance of power.