Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

If you don't agree with what Susan has posted here, by all means, state your opinion.  It's 100% ok to "attack" her message, it's NOT ok to attack her personally.

What about posting someone's real identity on this forum and their membership to a private forum? Is that okay?

If you don't agree with what Susan has posted here, by all means, state your opinion.  It's 100% ok to "attack" her message, it's NOT ok to attack her personally.

What about posting someone's real identity on this forum and their membership to a private forum? Is that okay?

Again, if you disagree with something she's said or done, attack the opinion, not the person. That's just MY opinion. If you don't agree with MY opinion, carry on!

:D

Again, if you disagree with something she's said or done, attack the opinion, not the person. That's just MY opinion. If you don't agree with MY opinion, carry on!

:D

But your opinion comes across as a comment from a moderator (not sure what exactly a "host" is). The thing is that I can accept attacking the opinion but if we are going to call out that behavior, we should also address behavior that includes posting people's real names. Many people use their real name as their screen name and it was their choice to do so. When someone else outs a person's real name that's taking away that poster's choice to remain private. That's a violation, too.

I'm not a moderator. My comment was as a member of this forum, nothing more, nothing less.

I do agree that it was inappropriate to use a real name, but I have a feeling that was an honest error. That said, you can't be asking for too much anonymity if you are using your real picture, town, and birthdate, year included. ;)

I also see that coexist named herself in á previous post AS WELL AS her "secret" group, so...

Edited by LipstickLady

You should notify a moderator if your name was printed here, so they can remove it.

Or better yet, the poster should remove it by editing her post.

As with any other business, I like to hear about other people's experience with any company before I choose one. I respect every opinion and take them all to heart. When I hear multiple complaints saying the same thing, then I see proof of the allegations, I have to change my opinion. Defend if you wish, but don't ignore the obvious.

I should be in Mx being sleeved by Dr Illan right now, but I was in an accident on Monday and had to cancel my trip. I have also been on these boards a long time and have read defamatory posts from Susan regarding her Mx doc. I have also read posts from Susan when we were all unsure about who her Mx doc was praising Illan and Omar. And now this.

If relationships happened that were consensual, but then went south then it is what it is. Did someone going to Mx really think they would live happily ever after with Omar? Please! But if whatever happened had a criminal aspect, then the women should have reported the criminal activity. To now publicize a version of stories third person is dangerous and whether warranted or not, seems suspicious.

I appreciate the desire to let everyone know or "warn" everyone, but that should come from the person in the relationship. For it to come from Susan, it loses credibility and honestly Susan opens you up to significant liability. You were not there. You have no idea what happened except for the stories you were told. Conveyed that info without any guarantee that its truthful is frightening. The only people that can convey the truth are the ones in the past relationship.

As with any other business, I like to hear about other people's experience with any company before I choose one. I respect every opinion and take them all to heart. When I hear multiple complaints saying the same thing, then I see proof of the allegations, I have to change my opinion. Defend if you wish, but don't ignore the obvious.

Bill, you see 1 complaint and no proof.

Whitney - you made an interesting point. I know that it is said a lot of women fall in love with their doctors - whom they see as saviors. I am not saying this is what happened here though.

Edited by Travelmego

I have heard about people people putting their trust in someone they expect to be professional and learn later the intentions are different. I left an industry that I was highly successful in, because I was tired of the stereotype that some people looked at me as. Anyone that uses their job as a way to satisfy their sexual desires is a manipulator.

But billc, you insinuated that you had heard multiple complaints about Baja Bariatrics. And you just joined? Was it specifically to put your two cents in on this thread?

Oddly, Whitney hadn't posted since March, coexist hadn't posted since 10/2013 and the last poster just joined. Seems like the troops were called in! I gave no claim in this game as I didn't have surgery in MX and am not friends with anyone in this thread, just pointing out a coinky-dink just as Janey was. :D

If anything, this thread has certainly increased membership and encouraged resurrection of members from long ago.

Edited by LipstickLady

I did just join to make a comment on this thread. I've lurked the board all through my time researching surgeries and surgeons but never felt I had anything I wanted to contribute. I made my post to share my experience with Baja Bariatrics and Omar. I have no vested interest in whether people do or do not like Omar. I'm not even claiming to know whether the things Susan said are true or not. I do know that they are inappropriate in this context and that she's made some very inflammatory statements before regarding a few other surgeons. My 2 cents are worth the same or more than any other members' who have been on the board for years since I'm an actual patient of Baja Bariatrics.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a member or Team Illan on FB and learned of this thread there. I am not here to gang up on Susan but to share my personal experience. Take it for what you will......................

Oddly, Whitney hadn't posted since March, coexist hadn't posted since 10/2013 and the last poster just joined. Seems like the troops were called in! I gave no claim in this game as I didn't have surgery in MX and am not friends with anyone in this thread, just pointing out a coinky-dink just as Janey was. :D

If anything, this thread has certainly increased membership and encouraged resurrection of members from long ago.

I am very sorry that all of you feel the way you do. As stated before, my goal here is simply to make people aware and hopefully help someone avoid being in a similar situation. have the letters from the patients, they have the copies of the texts, emails, etc. If you want to accuse me slander, libel or anything else, you may. I have been aware of wrongdoings since last September, and am just now sharing based upon evidence gathered.

Once again, for those of you who had a good experience, and I don't deny, there are many, I couldn't be happier that you did. And, I truly mean that. But, understand, not everyone has had the same positive experience as you. With many victims of any form of abuse, they are often afraid to come out and speak for themselves. This thread shows good reason why, because people would be attacking them, stating it was somehow their fault. They are in a very fragile way right now, emotionally speaking, and some are in therapy. The last thing they need is a group of people attacking them and saying "I had a wonderful experience, he was a perfect gentleman with me, so you must be telling lies, what is wrong with you."

I will not apologize for the fact that I have made a lot of connections in the bariatric community, and that in the process, I have learned a lot, good, bad and otherwise. I could keep what I know to myself, but what kind of person would that make me? It would make me the kind of person who is afraid of others, and afraid to stand up for what is right. I would be an accomplish, condoning their actions if I just stand by and allow it to happen. I won't name names, but one of the very people who condemned me in this thread actually messaged me thereafter admitting she knows what is going on and is friends with one of the people, yet she chastised me on here. I am not that kind of person. I care about people. I want people to have good experiences. I won't have knowledge of things that are completely inappropriate and turn a blind eye to it. You can be a part of the problem, or a part of the solution. I choose the latter.. This thread has done what I set out to do, which is bring awareness to an inappropriate situation. Maybe, just by bringing it to light, Omar will take heed and redeem himself and change his ways. I knew from the onset his supporters would attack me, I expected it, I expected accusations to be made against me and have not been disappointed. I am not here to defend myself. I am here to defend the woman who are the victims.

Have a nice evening all.

Thanks for STALKING LIPSTICKLADY!!!! Looks like you are Susan's b***h!  If you don't have friends here and you didn't have surgery in MX, why are you here?

Thanks for STALKING LIPSTICKLADY!!!! Looks like you are Susan's b***h!  If you don't have friends here and you didn't have surgery in MX, why are you here?

Nice! :D

TOO LATE SUSAN. I got a screen shot of you posting your reply as billc. SO you made a fake name to have someone appear to support you. WOW. I have it right here. As soon as I figure out how to upload a photo I am uploading it. You are SO BUSTED.

Not busted, Bill is my fiance, we use the same computer. I didn't realize he was signed on, and when I did, I edited his post and reposted under my name. Alex knows who Bill is. So, no worries there.