Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jalil Illan with Baja Bariatrics and Omar Acosta - A Warning

Susan,

In order to evaluate your message, I would like to know:

1. Are you now employed by (or consulting for) a bariatric clinic? If so, which one(s)?

2. Which other bariatric clinics have you been employed by (or consulted for)?

3. Were you ever employed by (or consulted for) Dr. Illan's clinic?

If you won't answer these simple questions, then your declaration will be regarded by many readers as an attempt to trash-talk the competition.

Ann2

P.S. FTR, I haven't been sleeved in Mexico.

Edited by VSGAnn2014

You know Susan, when you make a post saying you want to bring down a surgeon because of his coordinator while asserting your right to do so because the surgeon (supposedly) knowingly condones what is (allegedly) going on - but that you never actually spoke to the surgeon - you can expect people to react and ask questions. This seems like a pretty vicious goal when you are going by hearsay and attributing things to Dr. Illan that seem to come out of your own guesses and certainly not his mouth..

Now you are attacking everyone for asking for clarification or giving their own experiences. I am not an Omar apologist. I have no problems asking tough questions and I can tell you that Omar has certainly NOT asked me to come over here and sing his praises as you say here:

"As I stated in my original post, I fully expected Omar's fan club to stand up for him and respond in full force to this thread. I wouldn't expect anything less from Omar to have his followers respond to this, and I am sure he has contacted Alex demanding removal of this thread. However, I posted this with his approval."

I want to add that people asking questions and asking for clarification is not necessarily dismissing your allegations but why should I, or anyone, just take them at face value 'because you said said so'. The stories could be true or untrue (or a mixture of both). Certainly you can agree that people have the right to ask questions and agree or disagree with your analysis

Edited by Travelmego

Susan, In order to evaluate your message, I would like to know: 1. Are you now employed by (or consulting for) a bariatric clinic? If so, which one(s)? 2. Which other bariatric clinics have you been employed by (or consulted for)? 2. Were you ever employed by (or consulted for) Dr. Illan's clinic? If you won't answer these simple questions, then your declaration will be regarded by many readers as an attempt to trash-talk the competition. Ann2 P.S. FTR, I haven't been sleeved in Mexico.

1. No. I did coordinating for Bariatric Pal's service for one year until I resigned after receiving a promotion at my regular job and no longer was able to do both.

2. None

3. No, but I did refer patients to them.

I work for a national construction research and education company, they have nothing to do with bariatrics. No competition involved. I am 48 years old, engaged, have two children, two dogs, and live in a small house in the woods.

I was sleeved by the doctor the former poster claimed I had no experience with.

I have the permission and blessing of all the woman to speak out on their behalf in the hopes that other woman will be more aware of what may or may not happen to them and hopefully prevent them from becoming victims.

I feel sad that woman are so unwilling to stand up for others, and are so quick to assume that because something did not happen to them and they had a good experience, it must be the same for everyone else.

I personally referred some of these woman to this doctor, and in part, feel responsible for the emotional distress they are now in. Others have sought me out because they know I have connections, and am a well-known voice in the bariatric world.

Anything else you want to know about me?

Thank you.

Absolutely, you are welcome.

Thank you for posting this! It took courage and if people don't believe it or want to defend this guy that's up to them. You did your part and that's all you can do.

I am going to ask around and see what's what.  The stories could be true, they could be not true, or they could be a mixture of both or they could be one sided. I would like to try to get a fuller picture of what is going on.

Par - I don't think this post means Susan has deep anger issues with men....that is sexist.  However, I do agree on the issue of practicing safe sex though. 

I will report back what I find out (no names or private details of course).  PM me here if anyone can offer clarity.  I have surgery scheduled in a few weeks. 

First off SUSAN, I use COEXIST23 as a name of here for reason, but thanks for putting my real name out there!!! Very professional!!!! There's that 8 years of experience!

Second of all, Omar and I flirted together and what he said to me was funny and in a joking manner. I would LOVE to get the name of the person who told you this. Let me guess, one of the many girls who Omar has slept with. Yes, I know all about 2 of the girls he has been involved with. They both were completely consensual. He is a grown ass man and these are grown ass woman. One of these girls is super hurt by Omar and will do anything to bring him down. Clearly she is using you to do her dirty work.

Susan - thank you for defending the honor of the victims. It would probably be helpful if they were willing to personally post their experiences first hand. I would hate for this to happen to anyone else, but it seems others might be reluctant to believe this information from a third party.

Well to be fair Lipsticklady - Susan is attacking Omar and Dr. Illan, no?  

And if you think she's wrong to do so, please say so.  That doesn't make it OK to attack her.  Two wrongs and all that jazz...

Well, I haven't attacked her but I just wanted to point that out.  

If you don't agree with what Susan has posted here, by all means, state your opinion. It's 100% ok to "attack" her message, it's NOT ok to attack her personally.

What about posting someone's real identity on this forum and their membership to a private forum? Is that okay?