Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Gastric Sleevers Out there

My understanding from reading other comments about the Stall is that it's our bodies way of recovering from the dramatic weight loss and change and that stalls will become normal and we just have to keep focused. When the stalls end I guess the weight starts coming off rapidly again. During the stalls though I've read that we should still be loosing inches, which I can tell I am just by how my clothes are fitting me. I'm trying to have my Protein first before anything else I eat to see if that makes a difference, but still haven't notice the stall end yet.

I get full so fast and then just like everyone else I'm hungry again. Besides the stall that is the only other frustrating thing. I try to fill up on a Protein shake but that also still only keeps me satiated for about 45 minutes to an hour depending.

I'm not sure how we can setup a June Sleevers Private Blog. Thats a great idea.

Hi June Sleevers! I had my procedure on June 25th and started on pureed foods three days ago. I find it a daily challenge to meet both my Fluid and Protein goals. Between the regimented fluid/eating schedule and not being able to eat more than a couple of bites, I'm no where near where I need to be. It's frustrating! I feel like I have go back to a more liquid diet and try one "food" meal only once a day if I'm ever going to get 60 grams of protein. I'm down 17 lbs since surgery. Thankfully, all your posts have prepared for me for stalls. I can't wait for this to be a new normal. It just feels like work right now. Best of luck everyone! I'd also be interested in a private FB group. :)

same here.

I would be interested in a private group. Only my husband knows I've had this procedure.

Hello All,

I was sleeved on June 23. I think I am at the beginning of my stall. After surgery it was so hard to even get a bottle of Water in a day, I was so scared thinking I will never be able to get it all in. I still struggle getting my Water intake in. I have to make a conscious effort to drink my water. I started my soft foods about 5 days ago and I am able to get my Protein in. I have been drinking a shake in the morning using the Isopure banana creme powder. It has 25 grams of Protein in each scoop. I also have greek yogurt and I have some deli meat and cheese for lunch. dinner is a lot harder since I am not usually hungry when I get home from work. I had a great exercise program prior to surgery now I am struggling to have the same amount of energy to put forth the 45 min workout. I am only losing like .1 every 2 days. Not sure what else I can do with getting my protein in exercising everyday and drinking my fluids. I get frustrated but it seems everyone goes through it. Heres to getting back on the losing train!! Trust me I am grateful for the surgery I just sometimes have regrets when I don't see results!

I'm experiencing my first stall between seven and eight weeks post op. scale has not moved in five days after losing about 60 lbs in the first seven weeks. I'm not going to let it get in my head as long as I'm doing the right things ... And I am. I could exercise more but this stall seems par for the course so I will just ride it out.

I listened to all of your advice yesterday and went on a three mile hike. The stall is over. I sweated like crazy and was down 1.5 lbs this morning. I know thats not much but I am so excited to be finally loosing again. I want to be in onderland by the end of next week and only have four lbs left to get there. I can't wait for the weight to come off.

I went on Facebook and just typed in June Sleevers 2014. Found two private groups. They are pretty informative!!!!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I thought that private groups cannot be searched for. I think those may be closed groups , which are different, and anyone can see the members of those.

I had my sleeve done on June 19, and am also stalled, except for when I actually gain a few ounces. I'm very frustrated, but it has really helped to read this string. I struggle with getting all my Water in, and should walk more, so i guess I know what the answer is. Will keep at it!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I thought that private groups cannot be searched for. I think those may be closed groups , which are different, and anyone can see the members of those.

Yes we need a secret group. I would love to be part of that. Only my husband and mother know.

On another note, I was sleeved June 30 and am also in a 6 day stall. I've lost 11 pounds since surgery and lost them on the first few days then nothing since!

Of course I also haven't had a BM in a week! ???? Took some Miralax yesterday and today so hoping that changes soon! Sorry TMI!!

Oh, i too was sleeved on June 30. I lost ten pounds within the first five days after surgery and haven't lost an ounce since. But, my calorie intake is low and I work out every day, so I am confident that it's just a matter of time before the scale starts moving again. It is a but disappointing though. I would have preferred a slower, more steady weight loss.

Hi y'all I was sleeved 6/14/13

Let me assure you that the stalls you all are hitting are very normal and to be expected your body has been thru some stuff and it's trying to regroup. Be patient!! Follow your doctors guidelines and get in the Protein and Water. Get as much exercise as you can it will help your body and also help your skin not sag as much later as you lose more weight. Also

Don't Weigh Everyday!! It will drive you cray cray!!

So far I've lost 80 and I'm trying to figure out plastics next!!

Blessings to all and stay focused!!

Hi y'all I was sleeved 6/14/13<br> Let me assure you that the stalls you all are hitting are very normal and to be expected your body has been thru some stuff and it's trying to regroup. Be patient!! Follow your doctors guidelines and get in the Protein and Water. Get as much exercise as you can it will help your body and also help your skin not sag as much later as you lose more weight. Also <br> Don't Weigh Everyday!! It will drive you cray cray!! <br> So far I've lost 80 and I'm trying to figure out plastics next!! <br> Blessings to all and stay focused!!

Thanks for the encouraging words! I get depressed at times because I have only lost 16 lbs. I was sleeved on June 28th (3 wks ago) and I see that some people have lost so much more in the same amount of time. My starting weight was 219 and now I am 203 lbs, been stalled for 3 days :( thanks for your words though, at least I know that it is normal.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I get depressed at times because I have only lost 16 lbs. I was sleeved on June 28th (3 wks ago) and I see that some people have lost so much more in the same amount of time. My starting weight was 219 and now I am 203 lbs, been stalled for 3 days :( thanks for your words though, at least I know that it is normal.

It's hard trying not to compare your journey to others. Some people reach goal in a blink and some takes a while. Just remember it's YOUR journey!! At the end of the day you have to be your own best cheerleader, reach and pat yourself on the back and say how much you love yourself. You took the step to make a change and you change....stronger faster healthier!!