Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long was your hospital stay?

Hi There,

Just curious how long you all were in the hospital for your band to sleeve revision? My doc says 1-2 nights, some books say 2-7 nights. What was yours? I'm having a band removal, hiatial hernia repair, and gastric sleeve on August 5th. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Had surgery on Wed morning and was released thursday at 1pm...i am band to sleeve no other repairs

2 nights for me. Had my surgery first thing Monday morning and was discharged Wednesday. Dr said I could stay an extra night if I wanted but I just wanted to go home and get the iv out. My hospital roommate had surgery Monday evening and she had to stay an extra night because she wasn't being very mobile

Two night for me, but my surgery was late - about 5pm. Didn't wake up until about 8:30pm. I feel like I may have been able to go home the 2nd day if my surgery was earlier. I also had band removal, sleeve and hernia repair. Good luck!

Edited by thesuse2000

One night for me

I was an overnight but was technically outpatient since it was considered a 23 hour stay.

I stayed three nights which is standard for revisions for my surgeon.

I had mine at a surgical center. Band removal, I went home same day. 2.5 months later when I was sleeved they changed their policy - since I had sleep apnea i had to stay one night. the people who had single day sleeve surgery would come back the next morning for IV fluids. I had hernia repair, but i don't remember which surgery did that.

This was perfect, I would rather recover at home and the clinic had very good follow up instructions, what to watch for, what to do in case of "x" happening, phone support. It was fine.

I'm nervous now. I am having hernia repair, band removed and sleeve, and at this point not scheduled to stay even one night! I'm not worried about the surgery as much as pain management!

I had surgery Wed and went home Friday afternoon. I couldn't have on Thursday but was a little weak so stayed an extra day.

I'm nervous now. I am having hernia repair, band removed and sleeve, and at this point not scheduled to stay even one night! I'm not worried about the surgery as much as pain management!

Don't be too nervous, Sandymom - I just had my 2 week pre op appointment today and found out that I, too, am scheduled for band removal, hernia repair, gastric sleeve as an outpatient. I am the first surgery of the day at 8am and will go home that afternoon (God willing all goes well). yikes! When is your surgery? Mine is August 5.

Don't be too nervous, Sandymom - I just had my 2 week pre op appointment today and found out that I, too, am scheduled for band removal, hernia repair, gastric sleeve as an outpatient. I am the first surgery of the day at 8am and will go home that afternoon (God willing all goes well). yikes! When is your surgery? Mine is August 5.

I'm home from surgery and doing fine! I hope everyone else is, too!

I had surgery at 7:30 a.m. and was released at 3:30 p.m. on the same day. No problems at all.