Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

EvEisMySleeve said

Any July Sleevers hit the dreaded 3rd week stall??? I did!! Ugh please tell me when it will end!!

Yeppers no change x3 days for me so im guessing we are in same boat. I try not to step on that da#$ scale but can't. Im trying to change up meal choices. ..kinda always the same & hope that will help. Good luck to you!!

I haven't lost for last 3 days and I have not been able to get in more than 300 calories on any day (mostly shakes that are 100 calories -'18 grams of Protein each.) Occasionally broth, but I tried some puréed food and it did not feel good. Is this the three week stall or am I doing wrong by not forcing more down. I'm so afraid of stretching my tummy out and not losing. Any helpful advice would be great. I'm doing ok with Water.

EvEisMySleeve said

Any July Sleevers hit the dreaded 3rd week stall??? I did!! Ugh please tell me when it will end!!

Yeppers no change x3 days for me so im guessing we are in same boat. I try not to step on that da#$ scale but can't. Im trying to change up meal choices. ..kinda always the same & hope that will help. Good luck to you!!

I haven't lost for last 3 days and I have not been able to get in more than 300 calories on any day (mostly shakes that are 100 calories -'18 grams of Protein each.) Occasionally broth, but I tried some puréed food and it did not feel good. Is this the three week stall or am I doing wrong by not forcing more down. I'm so afraid of stretching my tummy out and not losing. Any helpful advice would be great. I'm doing ok with Water.< /p>

You should be eating more often. 300 calories is way to little. Eating at first is going to feel weird but after a few times it feels normal. Just eat slow and stop when you are full. Ironically the more you eat, the more you will lose. You should be adding Beans, eggs, possibly fish and chicken/tuna salad to your diet now or soon

This 3 week stall is really discouraging. What are others doing to get past it?

Edited by amybauer

Keep in mind that even though the shake isn't changing, doesn't mean you aren't losing weight. Your body needs time to adjust. I suggest stop looking at the scale. Just weigh yourself once a week. If you do everything they say, the weight will come off. Plus the slower you lose it the more time your skin has to shrink. Seems like everyone is over stressing what the scale says, and stress isn't good for any one

I would like to join the private FB group please. TYIA

I would like to join as well but can't seem

To find it. Anyone?? Private fb page? Please ;);)

Okay, I gained a pound because it's that period of the month and today the scale is moving down again, Yay!

I had my sleeve on 7/22. During the pre-op. diet and the first two weeks post-op. I lost 50 pounds. Now I have been at a plateau for almost a week. I am feeling a little bit down about this. I am using My FitnessPal.com to track calories, Protein, sugar, and carbohydrates. My calorie intake is typically around 650 per day. Protein is usually right around 60, sugar 25, carbs. 40. I am hoping that this is a very short term deal.

I've been worried about what to eat... I feel like I'm eating the wrong things! Sometimes I feel hungry after I eat and I'm worried. Any suggestions??? I had my surgery July 14th.

I had my surgery July 19th, 2014. My starting weight was 257 in January 30 I started a three mth medical supervised diet. On surgery day I was 240. Today starting my week 5 I am at 219. I mainly came looking for answers. My weight loss has slowed to about 1 pd per three to four days. Anyone out there in near the same time frame? I know we are all different just kinda wanted to know other peoples rates. I'm scared my physical activities are not enough.

Just finished week 4, and yep week 3 and week 4 weigh loss slowed to 1 pd every 3 to 4 days. that is why I am on here to see if that was normal or I just wasn't exercising hard enough. Thanks for posting.

For me week 3 was fine but week 4 and 5 it went very slowly only lost 1.76 lbs per week.

I have no hope for this week. :'-(

Hi July sleevers, I was sleeved on July 1st. I am down 39lbs including my pre surgery loss. I have a lot of pain in my upper stomach and was wondering if anyone else had that problem. I am having a down day for the first time since surgery and wondering what the heck I did to myself. I am sure it won't last but just want to hid today.

I am wondering if you guys get full fter three sccops of Soup or can you finish a whole bowl? Im starting week two after postop!

I am not sure what a scoop is, my doc goes by portions of a cup. I just finished week 4 - I can usually finish 1/2 cup thin soup or skim milk, 1/4 cup of other things pureed and about 4 oz of yogurt. I've been pureeing tuna and chicken salad but can eat less than 1/4 cup The thicker it is the less I want, but nothing over 1/2 cup.

Disbelief!! Went out to a concert last night and did not have many clean clothes. Looked in my closet and thought, hmmm I am down almost 40 pounds since getting sleeved July 9, maybe something else will fit me? I was skeptical but my old jeans that I have not been able to fit in for years, fit perfectly!!! What a wonderful feeling!!! Feeling hopeful.