Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all . I'm not sure if this is going through or not.

Someone let me know please.

I am having my surgery on July 28. I wonder if I'm too old to be doing this. Looking for buds. I'm very nervous about how I'll handle life after surgery. I don't cook. I'm a little panicky about this. Need some very easy and basic foods to prepare.

Casey 999

Hi and welcome...

I was 52 when I did this surgery and it's been great.

To help you with easy recipes even though you don't cook is a website called The World According To Eggface. (Look up on Google).

She is great for all stages of your journey.

Ask your nutritionist for help planning out things for you to drink in yearly stages and to eat after in the next stages.

Always remember Protein first, second Water, third your meds and supplements and then everything else on your plan.

I'm sure you must have been given a plan from your nutritionist of what you must eat at each stage.

People here are always willing to help so you can always ask questions.

Take care and good luck with your surgery.

Chilly

Thank you so much. I appreciate any help I can get.

Casey

Chelly

Sorry for the mistype. Appreciate your reply.

Casey

I am 65 and was wondering if I was too old for this. I called my Dr who did my lap band and they said no. I am now into my third month of 6 Dr visits for weight loss and am getting more confident each month. Have a round of visits in the next two weeks for gi and such Am starting to get excited. I have medicare and hope all goes well with it.

Stabmyfiger

Hi there.

Casey 999

Every day I think about what I am doing. I do have a positive view and know about it through reading. I now have the time to do what is needed, not like the lap band while I was working. Hopefully all will go well and will be waiting for a call from my Dr.

I see where you added me to your friend list??? I don't know what you are referring to. I'm not too computer savey.

Yesterday I went and had an ultrasound on my gallbladder, ekg, chest xray, and upper gi. Was told I have a hernia & gerd, I already knew that. Have had them for years. So I am on my way. The stuff you drink has greatly improved and wasn't half bad. Next week its the nutrictionist and the following week, the shrink.

Excellent!! On your way.

Hi 67newbie and all 60's.

I am 64 and traveling this road for the 4th time -- that's because the first 3 times I chickened out after a couple horror stories from "friends" and a false sense of pride (I should be able to do this myself). Well, now I have chronic back pain, my brother died at 68 last year after not following dr's advice after his quintuple bypass at 63, and I have been down a long road of less than stellar emotional health. Now I'm greatly improved on the inside, but my outside is falling apart! I turned 64 in March and I know I have 20 more active years -- and I am determined to make them count. I'm committed all the way through this time (never got beyond the psych test previously...not that I failed, just felt insecure).

I have to jump thru the 6month insurance co. hoop; 2 months under my belt, so am hoping for my RNY bypass in November.

As Red Green used to say (anybody watch that on PBS?) "we're all in this together". Let's go for it! :lol:

By the way, I asked my surgeon how he thought older patients compared to younger, and he said "well, I don't track that, but I like the older ones because they don't holler and whine for painkillers every 5 minutes!" Good answer.

Buttonsmommy

Hi there. You have quite the story to tell. You can do it this time. We will all be there for support.

Good luck! If your surgeon thinks you are a good candidate for this surgery, then you probably are. I am 67 and had my gastric bypass 14 years ago. I was well over 300 pounds and would probably be dead by now had I not had this surgery.

66 here and scheduled for Aug 19. I've asked that same question many times and have decided that I want my mobility and health back. Never too late!