Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgeon was just arrested!

Prayers for you and the rest of his patients.

In contrast to what was said before, I've seen too many stories of doctors' getting off and it hurt patients. See Charles Cullen (nurse) and also Christopher Duntsch. You can't expect the medical boards or the profession to police itself. With all due respect, lawyers aren't going to take a case unless they make $$$ out of it. I've heard it enough to know its true.

I am so very very sorry for you. As a surgeon I had turned out to be not what I expected after, I am glad that you got at least the chance to figure out beforehand about him.

There are legal agreements in my area about no care once you are in a group so you'd be tossed by the way side if you have complications, possibly.

Let us know how it goes. I am SO pulling for you.

Do not let this person do surgery on you. Who knows if it was a one time mistake or not, but most certain you don't want him to be drunk and operating on you.

I would give the office a call and switch surgeons. Idon't think it should delay anything if you use another dr in the practice.

Thank goodness he wasn't loaded when he did your EGD!

I know people make mistakes, but phycisians are there to take care of people, and mistakes like that are not ok. They hold your life in their hands.....makes me think of a pilot doing something like that....

I just read the article and he nearly DID injure someone!

Absolutely, we are all human and make mistakes. This mistake just happens to be a deal breaker for me.

This is an issue of trust and I no longer trust this man with my body and my life.

I'm totally with you on this. I also agree with Pamalamb, that we all make mistakes & have poor judgement at points in time. And as much as I get that, if it was the surgeon scheduled to do MY surgery, I'd be done. We're not talking about gardening services, we're talking about someone holding your life in their hands!

Agreed!

This is why I wish I had more data on my surgeon not just in terms of surgery but on their philosophy, education/CE type stuff just for starters.

I can understand the concern.....

back before there was mud circa 1965ish I was going to a 'diet doc' who was handing out the miracle cure for obesity of the era.....little purple/yellow capsules....

The last time I saw him was just a few hours before the cops swept down & closed his office.

While he didn't invent it, the era of Amphetamines was just barely beginning.....and his patients were unwitting victims of his application of the Rx..............

Wow ho!!!,Thank God you still have the option of changing to one of his partners. Do take all these events in your stride as I am sure this will help you to make the right decisions in the future too.Life does have its ups and downs but you have to keep learning.Good Luck for your surgery and we pray you will come out with flying colors.

He was my surgeon too, but I'm switching to Dr. Lancaster now. He made a mistake and he's still a good person...I just wouldn't be comfortable having him do my surgery.

Wow! I agree this man has made a mistake and after paying back his debt to society should be able to continue forward as a productive citizen. It will be up to the licensing board to determine what happens with his medical license. In the meantime, even if he is allowed to continue practicing, there is a distinct possibility that he will be very stressed out and pre-occupied. And I don't want a stressed out, preoccupied surgeon, performing my WLS! Good luck to you! Let is know how it goes for you - Shellie

In contrast to what was said before, I've seen too many stories of doctors' getting off and it hurt patients. See Charles Cullen (nurse) and also Christopher Duntsch. You can't expect the medical boards or the profession to police itself. With all due respect, lawyers aren't going to take a case unless they make $$$ out of it. I've heard it enough to know its true.

I am so very very sorry for you. As a surgeon I had turned out to be not what I expected after, I am glad that you got at least the chance to figure out beforehand about him.

There are legal agreements in my area about no care once you are in a group so you'd be tossed by the way side if you have complications, possibly.

Let us know how it goes. I am SO pulling for you.

With all due respect, I have to take exception to what swimbikerun says about attorneys. I am active in the criminal bar (by coincidence in Wichita, KS) most of the attorneys regularly take pro bono cases and cut their rates for a good cause. Personally, I do defense because I believe we are the watchdogs of the government to ensure the rest of the public continues to be protected by the constitution. I guess you can say I am a "true believer".

OMG. That was funny. Sorry. I had to laugh. U know God does things for a reason. Maybe he wasn't the one for ur surgery

Maybe you do in the criminal world but in the civil world totally different story. For a simple letter that I had to get for homeowner assn. stuff, that was $$$$, and wills and all that, I've always had to pay. I've also been told straight out that when I had to do the legal stuff for an estate, that cost also.

Nothing was free.

So and I've been told by asking questions about constitutional legalities, etc. everything is a $$$$ fee just to meet and discuss.

With all due respect, I have to take exception to what swimbikerun says about attorneys. I am active in the criminal bar (by coincidence in Wichita, KS) most of the attorneys regularly take pro bono cases and cut their rates for a good cause. Personally, I do defense because I believe we are the watchdogs of the government to ensure the rest of the public continues to be protected by the constitution. I guess you can say I am a "true believer".