Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Labor day Challenge

I have to give out a big huge thank you to Evolving!!! You have been the cheerleader since Bea stepped aside, and I ???? you for it. We all do!! I have 2 small kids and a pt job that keep me busy...and those times when you post, you keep us all going and point the group in forward progress mode!!

And here is my little confession for the group.

My in laws were in town for two weeks. Living with us in our tiny 2 bedroom apt, with my hubby and our kids. We live in a large apt community, where I work also. But having them in my space for that amount of time wasn't so terrible.....it's seeing their eating habits that left me often times repulsed. I never thought I would get to that point..but after seeing father inlaw cook eggs with half a cup of vegetable oil, I was shocked.

Then, hubby and I were hit with a huge realization.....we could come and go as we pleased without having to plan out a babysitter!!!! It was like the gates of heaven opened up to me! so,. We went out every day. Had at least one meal out everyday. But you know what, I still made the good choices each time.

I'm far enough along post op to know that yes, I could choose the fried and fatty stuff...but I didn't want too. I knew how I would feel afterwords. Mentally and physically. So I would start with a side salad first if the main selection wasn't too great..making sure I filled up first on veggies. Otherwise I'd just dive right into my meat selection straight away.

I'm proud of myself. I didn't gain a thing. I didn't lose either. The stress of having 6 of us in a 1000 sq ft apt didn't allow me a loss. But...I did learn something far greater....it's that I do have the confidence and ability to make great healthy choices...not because I have too...but because I want to fuel my body better.

That folks is an amazing power to feel over yourself.

Stay strong you guys!! Make the change you want to see. Start today. No excuses!!

And in other news....I'm still the same at 177. I did add back in my cardio. An hour of hard cardio...weights, elliptical, and bike or treadmill. No more mrs nice here. I'm taking control and going to get to my goal, with all the power I have!!!

211...AGAIN! I have been stuck here for awhile:(. I need to start investigating what I can do to kick start a loss again. I will have to keep being thankful that I am not gaining!

7//7/14 229.6

7/14/14 226.4

This morning 225.6

Labor Day Goal 210.

I will take it considering I was on a long weekend working road trip/vacation and my eating and exercising were NOT what they normally are!

I have to give out a big huge thank you to Evolving!!! You have been the cheerleader since Bea stepped aside, and I ddc99 you for it. We all do!! I have 2 small kids and a pt job that keep me busy...and those times when you post, you keep us all going and point the group in forward progress mode!! And here is my little confession for the group. My in laws were in town for two weeks. Living with us in our tiny 2 bedroom apt, with my hubby and our kids. We live in a large apt community, where I work also. But having them in my space for that amount of time wasn't so terrible.....it's seeing their eating habits that left me often times repulsed. I never thought I would get to that point..but after seeing father inlaw cook eggs with half a cup of vegetable oil, I was shocked. Then, hubby and I were hit with a huge realization.....we could come and go as we pleased without having to plan out a babysitter!!!! It was like the gates of heaven opened up to me! so,. We went out every day. Had at least one meal out everyday. But you know what, I still made the good choices each time. I'm far enough along post op to know that yes, I could choose the fried and fatty stuff...but I didn't want too. I knew how I would feel afterwords. Mentally and physically. So I would start with a side salad first if the main selection wasn't too great..making sure I filled up first on veggies. Otherwise I'd just dive right into my meat selection straight away. I'm proud of myself. I didn't gain a thing. I didn't lose either. The stress of having 6 of us in a 1000 sq ft apt didn't allow me a loss. But...I did learn something far greater....it's that I do have the confidence and ability to make great healthy choices...not because I have too...but because I want to fuel my body better. That folks is an amazing power to feel over yourself. Stay strong you guys!! Make the change you want to see. Start today. No excuses!!

Aww thanks so much :) my pleasure

Congrats on maintaining your weight and yes- u should be proud!!!!!

Back in town today and SO glad to have a scale again! Today's weight is 236.

175-- I gained a lb-- but it's stopping there. I've been lax in exercising because of family visiting from out of town but that has to stop. Here's to a new week.

Didn't post my weight yesterday because I wasn't happy with my weight but I joined this challenge to get myself back on track and part of that is facing the music. So I was actually up a pound.

CW 149

Going in the wrong direction. Still haven't learned that I can't just eat anything I want (even though) much smaller portions and loose weight. Also, you can exercise like crazy but that doesn't mean you can eat like crazy. The good news is I can get right back on track and next week hopefully post a loss. Good luck everybody and congratulations to all you loosers!!!

Monday weigh in 209.5...please let me stay under 210, I keep going up and down. I am full of anticipation of breaking the 200's, it has been over 15 years since I was under 200. So damn close!

Thank you for taking over!! I have been out of town so I didn't get the last post in but I stayed the same at 179.

I would love to do this one as well!

First weigh in for July 7th and 14th is 179.

CW 179

Goal 174 This might be cautious but I have really slowed down. I am hoping to beat it but it is just so slow now.

Thank you!!!

Ok, 267 for Monday... My scale is reading weird today tho, so idk what's up with it. :/

I'm just seeing this got he first time. Is it too late to join in? I need the challenge to rededicate myself.

Sry guys for being late just haven't has the chance to weigh myself since the scale I use is at my mothers house. Which is the one I have been using from the beginning. Well I'm 175.2 , 3lbs down from last week. So excited just have to do more exercise. On to next week

I'm just seeing this got he first time. Is it too late to join in? I need the challenge to rededicate myself.

Never too late to join in!! Just post your current weight and your goal weight. I will get it added in the next day or so. :)

Edited by gomekast