Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on the 5th of August. I have lost 34 lbs since the day of surgery (66 lbs since the start of the journey). Size 18 starting to get big but 16 still too small. I have had no problems with any food I have tried and at times that is scary. I had my 2 month check up today and doc is pleased (although I feel like I am losing so slowly). I am unable to exercise too much because of my knees. I have a tentative date of 20 November for bilateral knee replacements. This was not well received this morning. The bariatric doc would prefer I wait until the one year mark, 6 months at the very least so as not to halt (or drastically slow down) my weight loss. Waiting until February is not really an option. Have been considering waiting until January. There are so many pieces to the puzzle and I feel a bit of a swirl right now. I am going to take some time to weigh all sides. Prayers for this intention are greatly appreciated.

I excersice 5 to 6 days a week about an hour and a half or so each of those days. I do a hour of jogging or biking then the rest of the time in weights.

We have to remember that we're consuming far less so there is far less coming out. I include Benefiber in my Greek yogurt to help out.

Im doing well - I still have a bit of nausea if I eat to fast or specific things... mostly beef or eggs mess me up. But I feel good, Im walking about 2 miles a day... I just hit 6 weeks - so now Im cleared to use my eliptical and my stationary bike... gonna start them today. Im down 60lbs from the start of the preop - and 25 since surgery. I too went thru about 2.5 weeks of losing nothing at about 2 weeks out from surgery - but I didnt get upset - cause i expected it - my Dr told me it was gonna happen. I still get cold easy - and I live in FL - LOL - but I just keep sweaters in my car and blankets on my sofa. I can eat about 6 bites of food before Im done... but I think thats about average right? I went to a OUR WEIGHT MATTERS convention in Orlando last week - and learned a lot about my future with the surgery... AND there were about 50 vendors there peddling bariatric Vitamins, shakes, supplements, etc... I was so happy to be able to taste all different vitamins...and they gave me samples to take home... cause the ones that i ordered from unjury before the surgery are GROSS! I cant stomach them... after trying all the different ones... the 3 favorite are Celebrate, BariMelts and Bariatric Advantage. It was nice to know that bariatric Vitamins dont have to taste aweful.

Im doing well - I still have a bit of nausea if I eat to fast or specific things... mostly beef or eggs mess me up. But I feel good, Im walking about 2 miles a day... I just hit 6 weeks - so now Im cleared to use my eliptical and my stationary bike... gonna start them today. Im down 60lbs from the start of the preop - and 25 since surgery. I too went thru about 2.5 weeks of losing nothing at about 2 weeks out from surgery - but I didnt get upset - cause i expected it - my Dr told me it was gonna happen. I still get cold easy - and I live in FL - LOL - but I just keep sweaters in my car and blankets on my sofa. I can eat about 6 bites of food before Im done... but I think thats about average right? I went to a OUR WEIGHT MATTERS convention in Orlando last week - and learned a lot about my future with the surgery... AND there were about 50 vendors there peddling bariatric Vitamins, shakes, supplements, etc... I was so happy to be able to taste all different vitamins...and they gave me samples to take home... cause the ones that i ordered from unjury before the surgery are GROSS! I cant stomach them... after trying all the different ones... the 3 favorite are Celebrate, BariMelts and Bariatric Advantage. It was nice to know that bariatric Vitamins dont have to taste aweful.

Sandi, I am so glad to hear there are other bariatric vitamins. I also bought Unjury multi's prior to surgery, mostly because they have only US ingredients. I take them every day but do not like them. When I am finished I will have to try one of your favorites.

Hey All, just checking in. I'm just shy of my 1st big goal - Onederland. I'm soooooo close! I am at 200.3 lbs today!

I'm trying to stay focused today... and am drinking my Water. I'm staying away from any borderline Snacks, and come to think of it I need to get in my Protein Drink today. I started off with an egg sandwich for Breakfast (on lite bread), am having a portion of chicken/ham/cheese with a serving of spinach souffle for lunch, and I've made some egg salad for dinner.

Here's the thing that's killing me... I'd have already met my goal if I'd just eaten right over the long weekend. I ate mostly high Protein Snacks, but I didn't get in enough Protein. I let the amusement park's guidelines re: coolers keep me from staying on track and eating as I normally would. Now, I'm not saying I ate amusement park food - but I did not have the ability to bring in items that had to be chilled. So, no yogurt, no Protein Drinks, no cheese sticks or lean meat cut into snack sizes. I ate protein, and I didn't go hungry, but I ate things like nuts and a few high-calorie foods, like pizza. Ugh. I hadn't had pizza since May, and let me tell you my sleeve let me know eating it now was a bad plan on my part. :(

Oh, and the poo problem... still there. I've been mighty uncomfortable lately - to the point of really hurting and not wanting to eat anymore. About the time I think I'm going to call the Dr. for help my body decides to cooperate. So, maybe I just need to threaten it more, huh?

I figure I might have some fun, fun Onederland news tomorrow!! Or not. Heh.

I DID IT!!!! Onederland!!!! :)

Feeling great today - feelin' like it's all been worth it. Yeah.

Hey All, just checking in. I'm just shy of my 1st big goal - Onederland. I'm soooooo close! I am at 200.3 lbs today!

I'm trying to stay focused today... and am drinking my Water. I'm staying away from any borderline Snacks, and come to think of it I need to get in my Protein drink today. I started off with an egg sandwich for Breakfast (on lite bread), am having a portion of chicken/ham/cheese with a serving of spinach souffle for lunch, and I've made some egg salad for dinner.

Here's the thing that's killing me... I'd have already met my goal if I'd just eaten right over the long weekend. I ate mostly high Protein Snacks, but I didn't get in enough protein. I let the amusement park's guidelines re: coolers keep me from staying on track and eating as I normally would. Now, I'm not saying I ate amusement park food - but I did not have the ability to bring in items that had to be chilled. So, no yogurt, no protein drinks, no cheese sticks or lean meat cut into snack sizes. I ate protein, and I didn't go hungry, but I ate things like nuts and a few high-calorie foods, like pizza. Ugh. I hadn't had pizza since May, and let me tell you my sleeve let me know eating it now was a bad plan on my part. :(

Oh, and the poo problem... still there. I've been mighty uncomfortable lately - to the point of really hurting and not wanting to eat anymore. About the time I think I'm going to call the Dr. for help my body decides to cooperate. So, maybe I just need to threaten it more, huh?

I figure I might have some fun, fun Onederland news tomorrow!! Or not. Heh.

@@DownPat - sorry. Can't figure out how to post right on this thing. Anyway. I had major serious horrible painful hideous Constipation until the day I started adding one scoop of clear flavorless Miralax to my coffee in the morning. Now? Never ever even close to constipated. Very safe and Dr's recommend frequently. No need to live with that problem.:-)

Hey guys! I had a new product to post about... Has anyone seen/tried these?

Quinoa Chips:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/simply-7-quinoa-chips-sea-salt-3-5-oz-pkg?SourceCode=INTL405&CAWELAID=530002460000055074&mkwid=voV6Ly7m&pcrid=59192791447&gclid=CjwKEAjw5ZKiBRDhqa-Yjcml9kYSJABia-RnnBw6FEqj-ticchUm5DcM-CDl7w3fn0DN0qTBWX9tDBoCtMbw_wcB

They are crazy-high in Protein, and they have enough crunch and salt to make you feel satisfied. I just had these for my lunch along with Ikea meatballs (no sauce). I tried to copy in the My Fitness Pal data for lunch. I also had just a touch of BBQ sauce that is low-carb, only for a hint of flavor on the meatballs.

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber Lunch Ikea - Frozen Swedish Meatballs, 7 meatballs 266 6 20 15 518 1 Simply 7 - Quinoa chips Sea Salt, 14 g/about 20 chips 70 6 3 5 130 0 Add food
336 12 23 20 648 1 Quick Tools

Well poo - the table from My Fitness Pal didn't translate well.

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
Ikea - Frozen Swedish Meatballs, 6 meatballs
266 6 20 15 518 1
Simply 7 - Quinoa chips Sea Salt, 14 g/about 20 chips
70 6 3 5 130 0
Totals 336 11 23 20 648 1
I'll agree ahead of time that the # of calories is kinda huge for the meatballs. But I'll also say that if I eat anymore ham or grilled chicken combined with some type of cheese, I'll croak. So, I really need to mix it up a bit - my menus are not as varied as I'd like right now.
If you have ideas for easy lunch/dinner menus, feel free to share.

Not so much the calories, look at the fat vs. Protein ratio, we need some fat but I try to get the Protein per serving higher than fat. Unfortunately processed foods are the wrong way around. For instance, make your own meatballs from 93% lean ground beef, add some spices for flavor, maybe a tbsp breadcrumbs and it begins to look like this:

2 oz. meatball

calories= ~110

fat=~4 g

carbs=~5g

protein=~13g

Besides, it looks like your doing pretty well, down 39 lbs. in about 2 months, great job! I know what you mean about changing it up, but I just look on websites and try to think of ways to make some of our old comfort foods fit my new rules. Ever make spaghetti squash? Use lean meats, and gets rid of the simple carbs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well poo - the table from My Fitness Pal didn't translate well.

Ikea - Frozen Swedish Meatballs, 6 meatballs
266 6 20 15 518 1
Simply 7 - Quinoa chips Sea Salt, 14 g/about 20 chips
70 6 3 5 130 0
Totals 336 11 23 20 648 1
I'll agree ahead of time that the # of calories is kinda huge for the meatballs. But I'll also say that if I eat anymore ham or grilled chicken combined with some type of cheese, I'll croak. So, I really need to mix it up a bit - my menus are not as varied as I'd like right now.
If you have ideas for easy lunch/dinner menus, feel free to share.

Edited by vincereautmori

Yeah, all seems to be going ok, just trying to understand my new world