Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I woke up in the middle if the night last night with the most horrible acid reflux. My throat was on fire and I could feel it all the way down to my stomach. Water wasn't helping so I took some pepto bismol which was a life saver. However, my surgeon had said not to take pepto cause it can cause ulcers but when I look online other bariatric places say it protects the stomach. Have you guys heard anything about it? I only took a half dose since I don't have a full stomach anymore and was kinda afraid to take it, but I needed relief at 1 in the morning!

Are you taking a PPI?

@@amorga My dr gave me a perscription of basically prilosec and a bottle of malox. The prilosec I am to take every day for 90 days.... and the Malox I use when needed.

I guess it's just frustrating. I know your right. I will weigh myself when it's over.

Angiprks my dr gave me a prescription too and worked wonderfully.

Angiprks my dr gave me a prescription too and worked wonderfully.

My doctor gives all patients prescription for PPI to take for 3 months. He said it heals the stomach. Check with your surgeon.

I'm taking nexium for three months. I was sleeved Aug 12th and this was the second time it happened. I have a feeling I may have ate too close to laying down and just want something safe to take away the burn in those situations. I may look into Maalox.

Gm sleevers. If u r plagued with Constipation wat r u taking? I have a dr's appmt on Thursday so I am waiting to ask but did anyone talk to their dr about this issue? Thnx

Karen, my doctor told me milk of magnesia. And I had to take some this morning and I have to say it worked quickly and effectively. So I did one teaspoon as opposed to two to start with first and but you can take two if one is not working. give it a couple hours after you take the first spoon.And milk of magnesia was baratric surgeon approved

Gm sleevers. If u r plagued with Constipation wat r u taking? I have a dr's appmt on Thursday so I am waiting to ask but did anyone talk to their dr about this issue? Thnx

Karen, my doctor told me milk of magnesia. And I had to take some this morning and I have to say it worked quickly and effectively. So I did one teaspoon as opposed to two to start with first and but you can take two if one is not working. give it a couple hours after you take the first spoon.And milk of magnesia was baratric surgeon approved

Thanks deelavi, I guess just paranoid since I've spent more than half my life loosing then gaining just paranoid I guess.

@@soniaJ - I TOTALLY know what you mean. I have the hardest time believing that anymore weight will come off. I feel like this willl be like it has always been - down up down up. I am making myself keep following the rules so that I change my reality. I WANT THIS to work, and I'm working hard to make it happen.

Question time: Do you guys have any pages on Facebook or other sites (like blogs or Youtube) that you frequent for additional support/conversation about WLS? I hear people talk about hearing from this or that person on Facebook, etc but I don't know where the party is. :)

I have been doing a video log on Youtube, as that is how I found out about this surgery. I can't remember who I viewed first, but I follow a number of veteran WLS people on there. Can you believe it? Youtube changed my life (and not just because it eats my brain with the unlimited kitten and FAIL compilation videos).

You guys are welcome to drop by - but I'm hoping you'll post your OWN videos so I can get to keep up with you there too!

View my youtube channel here: https://www.youtube....DYphc-Q/videos�

TMI time..............

So I have had a horrible time with Constipation since surgery. Like every week I have had to do an enema to have like 1 BM a week. This week I have gone regular for 3 days ! And now today it's been nothing but Water. Every bite I can feel my intestines doing a dance. I feel like crying but scared to lose anymore water lol. Can I get a break?

I'm having pretty bad issues now too. Ugh. Just made aann expensive run to CVS for some assistance :)