Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Karen Scott, you have lost 20lbs since you started the journey. That is great! The weight loss with the sleeve is a slow and patient process. My NUT did not lose any weight 3 weeks post op. They found out she was consuming only 400 cals/day. 4yrs later, she looks great and did not need surgery to take off excess skin. Personally, I prefer the slow weight loss so that I do not have to deal with excess skin. Just focus on getting better and allow your body to heal and adjust. Good luck!

Ps: If hearing about other people's weight loss bothers you, limit visitation to this site. Weigh yourself once a week; pick a weigh in day. Have a realistic goal. My goal is to lose 1.5lbs - 2lbs a week.

Feeling depressed this morning. Starting to regret this procedure. I look good in my clothes but not much weight loss so I am very quite low this morning. Plus I hate my job, my teenage son is giving me a hard time. Just about to throw in the towel. I walk daily about 6k steps I eat my Protein Drink my Water. Just don't know what I am doing wrong. Since my last doctors visit on 8/28 I think I only lost if my scale is right 3lbs. So why did I do this in the first place, still having incision pains and no results. Sorry guys wen sometimes u can't keep it in u just have to vent. Don't mean to throw my problems on u. Just that I am looking for a loss to make me not regret wat I did but notn yet to wow me. If any one have any suggestion as to why my weight loss is slow do tell or wat I can do to speed it up. Started at 261, last weigh in 244, and today 241.... Bummer!!!

You have a lot going on right now. Your body is still healing. I still have a small hole in one of my incisions plus the biggest one hurts internally. I read that most people will not see good results until like 2 months out. Everyone's weight lose is different, remember that. You are doing great! You said so yourself that your clothes fit better.

@@Karen Scott - Karen - my doctor and his assistant both told me the day after my surgery to NOT expect weight loss the first month... they suggested that I stay off the scale for at least the first 3 weeks. They explained that the surgery backs up the Water in your system and you will retain water from the swelling. And your job for the first 3 weeks is to get in what ever kind of liquid and Protein that you can get in... that you should try to limit the carbs and sugars - but dehydration should be my only concern for the first 3-4 weeks. They told me that once I progress to chewing chewing chewing my solids - then I will start to see the weight loss come off... they said that most sleeve patients will see the majority of their weight come off between the 2nd and the 6th months.... and that depends on the amount of exercise you do verses the proper foods that you eat. So I wish your doctor had shared that with you... I have gone against his wishes and weighed myself out of curiosity - but I know in the back of my mind that the stagnant scale is only temporary. I have a friend that had this surgery in May of 2013... and she started near my same starting weight - she said she didnt lose much at all until about her 3rd month... when she could start working out in a gym... but to date she says she has lost nearly 160 lbs!!! And my doctor said its MUCH better to lose slower - he suggested 2-3lbs a week ONLY so that your skin can try to keep up. So please dont get discouraged - you gave your body the jump start it needed... now wait and let your body figure out how to live the rest of its life on what you have done.

sandy u have elevated my spirits. Thank u so much. My dr did not really tell me wat to expect the first month. While he was and is a good surgeon I wish he did but u have expl it well. I thought I was doing something wrong and regretting it. Thnx

QUESTION:

I had my sleeve on the 18th and I am still having tender/pain in my abdomen by my belly button off to the right. Like a muscle there was affected. Does anyone else still have some pain/ tenderness? I have contacted my doctors office and the nurse said it sounds muscular and to take tylenol and IF it gets worse contact them again.

Yes, my doctor told me I was doing to much to quickly and maybe I needed to let my body heal. He said it's take 6 weeks for your inside to heal right. Hope this helps

Thumper I was sleeved on the 20th of august and I've lost 21 lbs so far. I excersice 6 days a week I normally do 30 minutes of cardio and 30-40 minutes of weights 4 days a week and 1 hour of cardio 2 days a week. I shared this on my the start of my 3rd week from surgery. I did over do it one day but I guess now my body is used to it because I feel great. I did have a 2 day stall while on liquids but now it's been pretty steady.

And Karen I will keep you in my prayers it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Just keep in mind that this too shall pass.

I was sleeved on August 1st....are there any others that were sleeved around that date? Just wondering what your down and what exercises you are doing.

Hi, I was sleeved August 14th I'm jogging / power walking 5-10km (3-6miles) a day and weekly on my day off I'm doing a 20km (12 mile) walk. That's about all really, 28lb down so far. :-)

Thanks guys for the support. We sleevers got to stick together. Hard to discuss issues with people who discriminate or people who just don't understand. ????

Karen, while I totally agree with the others, I'm wondering if you want to say what kind of food/liquid/protein you are getting. Do you keep a good food journal?

I found that my weight and my energy level improved when I really, really tracked all my intake and the small amount of exercise I'm getting in. If you want to share we might have ideas for you on how to make things better. It's worth a shot anyway...

Even if you don't want to share, we are all here for you, rooting for you. Hugs.

Edited by DownPat

Karen, while I totally agree with the others, I'm wondering if you want to say what kind of food/liquid/protein you are getting. Do you keep a good food journal?

I found that my weight and my energy level improved when I really, really tracked all my intake and the small amount of exercise I'm getting in. If you want to share we might have ideas for you on how to make things better. It's worth a shot anyway...

Even if you don't want to share, we are all here for you, rooting for you. Hugs.

I am doing Bariatrics advantage 27g, premier Protein 30g, designer whey 18g I switch them up. But at my stage 1-2 shakes per day and the rest of the Protein should come from food. Yogurt I do cheese meatballs turkey eggs. I also walk about 6k steps a day.

So I am getting ready to start my period this week and the scale showed that I gained 1 lb. I was so upset si center I've been excersiceing alot. The only thing is I haven't been getting all my Protein in for the last 2 days. Ugh so bummed. Has anyone else had this happen?

So boo sugar bear dumpling. Nothing counts around your period. That's just life law, and nothing to do with bariatric surgery. Hormones suck. Damn you, Eve. Lol

Thanks deelavi, I guess just paranoid since I've spent more than half my life loosing then gaining just paranoid I guess.

So I woke up in the middle if the night last night with the most horrible acid reflux. My throat was on fire and I could feel it all the way down to my stomach. Water wasn't helping so I took some pepto bismol which was a life saver. However, my surgeon had said not to take pepto cause it can cause ulcers but when I look online other bariatric places say it protects the stomach. Have you guys heard anything about it? I only took a half dose since I don't have a full stomach anymore and was kinda afraid to take it, but I needed relief at 1 in the morning!

Edited by amorga

So I am getting ready to start my period this week and the scale showed that I gained 1 lb. I was so upset si center I've been excersiceing alot. The only thing is I haven't been getting all my Protein in for the last 2 days. Ugh so bummed. Has anyone else had this happen?

So let me tell you only after two weeks out I had gotten my period. Well it came back with a vengeance! Not only was I swollen from surgery but bloated as well. I lost nothing that whole week! My period stayed around a little longer than normal and was heavier, but apparently that's normal after surgery. Stick it out don't be alarmed if you don't see the scale move this week and just stick it out. It will be better when it's over!