Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

QUESTION:

I had my sleeve on the 18th and I am still having tender/pain in my abdomen by my belly button off to the right. Like a muscle there was affected. Does anyone else still have some pain/ tenderness? I have contacted my doctors office and the nurse said it sounds muscular and to take tylenol and IF it gets worse contact them again.

@"angieprks". I had my sleeve on the 28, and I am still hAve pain on my right and above my navel. The level of pain fluctuates.

I have that same pain and I was sleeved on the 28th. That is the incision where they remove the excess stomach. My doctor told me he had to put an extra stitch in that area to close it and that a hematoma builds under neath that area and that it will hurt for some time and that it will be swollen for an extended period of time as well. My pain is starting to get better now that I'm 2 weeks out but it still hurts some.

I don't use any trackers / methods to monitor carb / fat / Protein intake, sounds like too much messing around. I just ensure that I eat 3 small meals a day which are high in protein, low fat and low carb. I have a Protein Drink in the morning, tea and coffee during the day with skim milk and no sugar. A vital greens in the evening. If I feel like something sweet I have a sugar free, low fat Jello, which I make in advance and leave in the fridge. Want to lose 56lb in total, so far 4 weeks out and lost 28lb. Pretty happy so far :-)

I Too have pain in the incision to yhe right of my bellybutton but it's not constant it just comes and goes. My surgery was august 20th.

That sounds so yummy. I have been scared to try anything spicy. Does the wing sauce burn your stomach or cause you to have acid reflux?

So far so good, I like spicy foods and I seem to tolerate them well, put I also take my Pepsid religiously. The only big difference aside from the amount I can eat, is how fast, if I eat too quickly, the sleeve lets me know and I put the fork down for a while. To handle about a 1/4 to a 1/3 cup of food takes me more than 20 minutes to finish. But that's a good thing, right?

Edited by vincereautmori

@@Blessed14Life @@GenaH @soniaJ. Thank you all so much. I really appreciate your responses. It makes me feel normal that I am not alone. I felt like I was being ignored from my doctors office when in fact it just seems to be normal pain. I tend to be a bit of a nervous nelly.

I get pain on my left side after I've eaten. Is that a sign that I'm too full? I have my one month dr visit this week. I only lost 2 ounces since yesterday and I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day. Anyway my period is due soon and I'm hungry. Which I thought was wierd to feel like that after my surgery. This is the first time I've felt hungry like this. Does anyone else feel like this?

Feeling depressed this morning. Starting to regret this procedure. I look good in my clothes but not much weight loss so I am very quite low this morning. Plus I hate my job, my teenage son is giving me a hard time. Just about to throw in the towel. I walk daily about 6k steps I eat my Protein drink my Water. Just don't know what I am doing wrong. Since my last doctors visit on 8/28 I think I only lost if my scale is right 3lbs. So why did I do this in the first place, still having incision pains and no results. Sorry guys wen sometimes u can't keep it in u just have to vent. Don't mean to throw my problems on u. Just that I am looking for a loss to make me not regret wat I did but notn yet to wow me. If any one have any suggestion as to why my weight loss is slow do tell or wat I can do to speed it up. Started at 261, last weigh in 244, and today 241.... Bummer!!!

@@Karen Scott - Karen - my doctor and his assistant both told me the day after my surgery to NOT expect weight loss the first month... they suggested that I stay off the scale for at least the first 3 weeks. They explained that the surgery backs up the Water in your system and you will retain water from the swelling. And your job for the first 3 weeks is to get in what ever kind of liquid and Protein that you can get in... that you should try to limit the carbs and sugars - but dehydration should be my only concern for the first 3-4 weeks. They told me that once I progress to chewing chewing chewing my solids - then I will start to see the weight loss come off... they said that most sleeve patients will see the majority of their weight come off between the 2nd and the 6th months.... and that depends on the amount of exercise you do verses the proper foods that you eat. So I wish your doctor had shared that with you... I have gone against his wishes and weighed myself out of curiosity - but I know in the back of my mind that the stagnant scale is only temporary. I have a friend that had this surgery in May of 2013... and she started near my same starting weight - she said she didnt lose much at all until about her 3rd month... when she could start working out in a gym... but to date she says she has lost nearly 160 lbs!!! And my doctor said its MUCH better to lose slower - he suggested 2-3lbs a week ONLY so that your skin can try to keep up. So please dont get discouraged - you gave your body the jump start it needed... now wait and let your body figure out how to live the rest of its life on what you have done.

Doing grrreat here!

Was sleeved on 8/18, four weeks ago tomorrow. I have lost 11 pounds post-op (lost 8 pounds on a 2-week pre-op diet and 11 pounds on my own before that, for a nice round total of 30 pounds lost since early June. I'm very, very happy. :)

My recovery was easy. No serious pain, the usual WTF?! moments a couple of days post-op, the usual confusion about how to sip enough Water and get all the Protein in. But I've been able to eat at least 60 grams of protein since Day 5 post-op and now usually get almost 80 grams/day, so am doing well. Daily calories are now in 650-800 range.

I'm currently enjoying pureed chicken, one-egg omelettes, refried Beans, steamed salmon, a little mashed potato with cottage cheese, spaghetti squash, even an open-faced sandwich (toasted) with tuna salad (mayo and pickle relish) and melted Swiss cheese. Other stuff, too, but those are some highlights. And it all tastes good, too. I do have a single Protein Shake (25 grams) for Breakfast most mornings.

Went back to work 2 weeks ago, and energy is increasing. I'm walking with the dog for 30 minutes a day, my major exercise now. Eventually, I'll add water aerobics and get to the gym as my energy continues to climb.

In short, everything's going great. Looking back, it was nothing like the drama llama I'd expected.

I hope everyone is also finding their groove and doing well.

Onward and downward!

I was sleeved on August 1st....are there any others that were sleeved around that date? Just wondering what your down and what exercises you are doing.

I was sleeved on the 6th. I'm down 27 since surgery, 33 total. So far, I've only been walking about an hour several days a week but will be starting up some classes this week. Looks like I may be losing a bit slower than some folks and I did have an almost two week stall but I'm satisfied so far.

Karen, try not to get down. You've been through major surgery and you have a teenager. God bless you the teenager alone is enough to drive you crazy. And the stress of surgery reeks havoc on your system. So many people on here sharing the same thoughts and issues with only small variances tell you they got to be right. I haven't lost as much as some, but I don't let it bother me. I remember everyone is different. Envision you in a year with a smoking figure, and believe it is possible. Don't give up or give in. We are all here to support one another. Vent when needed! Michele