Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4th of July holiday and switch in surgery schedules to every other Friday has put me into August now. August 1st is looking like my new date for sleeve surgery!

did you hv the surgery?

4th of July holiday and switch in surgery schedules to every other Friday has put me into August now. August 1st is looking like my new date for sleeve surgery!

did you hv the surgery?

did u have the surgery yet?

did u have the surgery yet?

Hi guys. Yeah I made it to full liquids. So happy my sleeve though don't care much for yogurt it's as if I would puke eating it did this happen to anyone. 8 days out and wen I swallow it still hurts down in my tummy where I feel the Water or yogurt traveling . Do u all get that feeling too. Thanks. Hope all is doing well. Happy Wednesday

well I was sleeved on Monday came home last night. no too much pain but it is hard to stay comfortable. belly muscles are alittle sore around big incision. doctor started me on full liquids today and I have tolerated it well so far. drinking a Protein Shake as I type. and I try to get up every hour and walk a bit. I think I'm more sore from bracing myself (holding in my stomach) when moving around then it actually hurts lol

I am taking Flintstones multi Vitamin (yes the kids one) and Calcium and B12 twice s day. That is one of the easy ones. There is a Bariatric Advantage vitamin that is chewable but you have to take it 4 times a day. . All mine are chewable. The Flintstones was actually suggested by nutritionist. Can't be gummies though.

My NUT told me gummies were the best... I use kids chewable gummies and b12 sublingual

I am taking Flintstones multi Vitamin (yes the kids one) and Calcium and B12 twice s day. That is one of the easy ones. There is a Bariatric Advantage vitamin that is chewable but you have to take it 4 times a day. . All mine are chewable. The Flintstones was actually suggested by nutritionist. Can't be gummies though.

My NUT told me gummies were the best... I use kids chewable gummies and b12 sublingual

In regards to the Gas strips...y'all really should take some in with you to the hospital. I took them regular from the moment I was in my room and I didn't have any of this horrible gas pain that some folks have.

It's safe...active ingredient is simethicone,and that just breaks up the tension in the gas to let our bodies deal with it easier. I had to research it, because I was afraid it was similar to Imodium, where that just decreases the motility...I was afraid that if I took the Gas X, I would just be delaying the inevitable.

I wonder why they don't give them to us in the hospital? I felt a little guilty sneaking them in.

I took my Gasx in and my Dr added it to my chart to be given per box instructings. It helped loads, and I didn't have to sneak.

Thank you everyone for your responses to the Vitamin question. It's amazing how everyone is told different. My doctor and NUT said absolutely no over the counter multi because we can't absorb them as well as the specially made bariatric ones, but I see a lot of people on here where their doctor told them it's ok as long as it's chewable. Who knows maybe my office says these things just to promote the bariatric brand. Maybe they get a kick back. Well for now I went to my 1 week check up today, and asked them what to do. They gave me the Bariatric Advantage chewable which is only twice a day. I ate one and tolerated it a lot better than the capsule so I will stick to that for now. I love tHeir calcium chews tastes like I am having some candy! I appreciate everyone's input thank you.

Tomorrow is August 28, 2014 so I'm packing my overnight bag and getting ready to be at the hospital at 11:00 a.m. I will be sleeved at noon. My husband said he can't come and get me until 4:00 p.m. on Friday because he has to work until 3:30 p.m. They won't let me leave unless someone comes to get me. He thinks I'm very brave. I think we all are brave.

Tomorrow is August 28, 2014 so I'm packing my overnight bag and getting ready to be at the hospital at 11:00 a.m. I will be sleeved at noon. My husband said he can't come and get me until 4:00 p.m. on Friday because he has to work until 3:30 p.m. They won't let me leave unless someone comes to get me. He thinks I'm very brave. I think we all are brave.

u got this. Girl power. U will do great listen to hospital staff and even if u don't want to walk. Get up and walk anyway. Best of luck on ur new journey.

Hi all... I had my surgery in Tijuana yesterday about noon... I wasn't nervous at all, and really have had very little pain. A little in my shoulder but a heating pad worked great. No nausea, no gas pains, a little pain where the drain is... But more discomfort than pain. I passed my leak test and was given Gatorade... I think it was the best tasting Gatorade I have ever had !!! Lol. So far I have no complaints... Everyone here at the hospital has been awesome .... So nice and welcoming... I met barngirl and Erica maceda from this site at the hospital... All in all a really good experience

Headed home everyone.. All I can say is this whole process is overwhelming... I'm so grateful for my husband who has done his very best to make this transition easier... My kids have been good as well.. Except the 4 year old lol I know it's because he has the

Slightest clue as to what's going on...