Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

woohoo heading to the hospital see you all on the flip side good luck to all my fellow August 18 sleeve buddies

Am I the only one that didn't really have a preop diet? My surgery is on Friday and I only have to do liquids only for wednesday and thursday. Its so amazing to me that some of you have had to do a MONTH of that!

Where are you having the surgery?

My surgery is Wednesday and I haven't done the best with this pre-op diet of liquids only... I've lost 12 lbs... I'm hoping that if I am really strict the next few days, all will go well. I've read where different people have different kinds of pre-op diets.. I work 3rd shift and some nights I feel like I have to binge to stay awake... I have to work the night before my surgery, which will be hard with nothing to eat or drink after midnight. I have to be at the hospital at 10:45 am, my surgery isn't until 12:45... Any advice?!

my surgery is Wednesday too. I really don't know if I lost weight I look the same to me. I should b at the hospital by 6:30am. The earlier the better for me. Get it over with

I have Kaiser and Im in Long Beach, Ca

Hang in there !! My wife is 65 and is getting sleeved the same day as you!!. I Myself and11 days post op and I can tell you I feel wonderful. Stay focused and Busy, anything to keep your mind of surgery and it will be over before you know it.

I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. Sleeve surgery is 8/28. I am 63 and can not believe I am going to let someone remove 3/4 of my stomach and risk all the complications because I can not control my weight! I have lost 25 lbs in the last 6 months and wonder if I should just cancel the surgery and see what happens in the next 6 months. I am currently 225 and have all the obese related diseases. I am not frightened about the surgery, just everything that comes after. I think if I did not have to wait so long for the operation day, I would have gone ahead with it. I just want to run away and forget all of this.

I know what you mean, I'm in the same age bracket and I'm losing on the pre-op diet, so maybe wait? But, I've been here before, I've lost count of the times I started a diet with a bang, and 8- 10 months later I'd be back to where I started. So I'm looking at this like I don't have that many years left to play with, so let's fix this problem once and for all so I can enjoy the rest of my life whether it's 5 years, 15 years, 20 years, or more (hopefully). And, don't forget, those co-morbidities don't go away and stay away unless you can keep the weight off. Does that help?

Yes, that does help. It is like looking into a mirror when I read your response. Your experieces are the same as my experiences. The reason I started this process IS because I wanted to have the rest of my life lived as a thin, healthy person. I am just so sad it has come to the need for this tool to get to that place.

Yes, that does help. It is like looking into a mirror when I read your response. Your experieces are the same as my experiences. The reason I started this process IS because I wanted to have the rest of my life lived as a thin, healthy person. I am just so sad it has come to the need for this tool to get to that place.

We can't do anything about the past, but we are doing something for our future. Great optimism in that.

TaylorJ7: Thank you for your response. And please tell your wife I am sending good thoughts her way for a very successful surgery. It takes a great deal of courage and trust to go forward with this journey.

I am so happy for you! 11 days post-op and you feel wonderful. I want that for me too! May I ask you how the after surgery pain was? How long were you in the hospital?

Your advice to stay busy and focused will be followed but it is so hard to think of anything else.

We can't do anything about the past, but we are doing something for our future. Great optimism in that.

Thank you. Those are wise words. When is your surgery?

Thank you. Those are wise words. When is your surgery?

Tuesday the 19th, almost there!

My post op has been really good. Not much pain at all. A little hard to get out of bed though. Did learn that you have to walk and drank lots of Protein. My doctor requires 1 week cleat Liquid Protein, 2 week full liquid, 2 week pureed, and then we get to stay eating food.

My post op has been really good. Not much pain at all. A little hard to get out of bed though. Did learn that you have to walk and drank lots of Protein. My doctor requires 1 week cleat Liquid Protein, 2 week full liquid, 2 week pureed, and then we get to stay eating food.< /p>

That's crazy how all doctors are different... My doctor requires 1 month of liquid Protein Shakes, 1 month purée, 1 month soft texture then I can eat normal foods... So by thanksgiving I can eat reg food