Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Made it home yesterday and the pain has not been too bad. I would recommend a pillow to put between you and the seat belt for the ride home. I am just walking and getting fluids in.

Made it home yesterday and the pain has not been too bad. I would recommend a pillow to put between you and the seat belt for the ride home. I am just walking and getting fluids in.

That is awesome Barriej9! Keep us posted on your journey.

Hello All. I was sleeved on Aug 11th. Went very well. It was at 7:15am and I was home by 5 on the 12th. Achy pain. Some gas pain. But all very very well! Walking, Sipping and more Walking and more Sipping. And then sleep when I feel like it. Hope it goes just as easy for everyone on their way! Best wishes everyone!!!

Glad it well. I see you went with Dr. Needlemen. I am getting mine done with Dr. Mikami at OSU hospital

Beta thallessemia minir

My surgery date is on the 26th. I have sickle trait and my PCP always said that I am anemic. I asked several times if it is due to my trait and the response was no. I am reading it online and really need it to be broken down in layman's terms. I wonder if my case is similar to yours? Can you send me a message please? THX

My surgery date is on the 26th. I have sickle trait and my PCP always said that I am anemic. I asked several times if it is due to my trait and the response was no. I am reading it online and really need it to be broken down in layman's terms. I wonder if my case is similar to yours? Can you send me a message please? THX

I too have the alpha thal it's anemic related. Look them up on the web. It is explained clearly.

With this pre op diet is anyone feeling really exhausted? I really don't have any energy and my tummy is grumbling it really hungry. Omg!! Wat am I going to do?

It has drained me completely! I felt like I was coming down with the flu... I have found that the OTC ready to drink shakes have filled me up and lasted longer, not sure why lol. I does get easier though:)

I have started talking to this guy who is currently out of town until the end of September for work. We went to school together, but didn't talk bc I was in a relationship. I will be getting sleeved on Aug 20... Do I tell him or no?!!?

August 19th is my surgery date!!! Under 1 week left!!!!! So ready!!!

I have started talking to this guy who is currently out of town until the end of September for work. We went to school together, but didn't talk bc I was in a relationship. I will be getting sleeved on Aug 20... Do I tell him or no?!!?

if he hasn't seen u in awhile I would say not to tell him. If u feel like this could potentially be a budding relationship and u want to be honest u can, as long as he is supportive and not judgmental. I say go ahead.

One thing I have found about myself and other people who are obese, is we tend to share too much too soon. If you have just started talking with him I would say there is no need to tell him at this point. If after your surgery, and it looks like your talks may be moving in the direction of "relationship" then you can tell him. Test the waters first. A sign of intimacy is to share things close to your heart with someone and not be rejected, judged, etc. If you have just started talking I would say you aren't ready or at the point of that kind of intimacy. good luck with your surgery...you will do great.

My date has officially changed to the 25th of August. Pre op class is on the 20th.

With this pre op diet is anyone feeling really exhausted? I really don't have any energy and my tummy is grumbling it really hungry. Omg!! Wat am I going to do?

How many calories are you getting? If they're too low you might want to talk to your doctor. My surgeon's pre-op diet allows us to combine shakes and real food, but real low fat, about 1000 calories a day but I'm actually only reaching about 800. I've become very sensitive to how long those calories last which is about 3-4 hours then I start feeling "strange". Definitely makes me aware of the difference between real hunger and head hunger, my body reacts to the real thing. I don't think I was aware of that before. I actually prepared for the worst, but feeling good.