Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having surgery in the morning! Have to be there at 8:30, so not too early thank goodness. Been trying to run all my errands, do laundry, clean the house, and get my dogs cleaned up today. I had to work all weekend so everything had to be done today. I had started questioning whether this is still a good idea, but then my back and knee started really hurting today and all doubts went out the window!

Well the countdown is on... I should be sleeved within the next 48 hrs. August 13th in the AM... when I left work today and had the well wishes from my co-workers I got emotional.... Tomorrow I will finish shopping (not too much) and pack.. Not sure what to take..I am planning to be in the hospital for one day and back home on Thursday. This has been a very long journey thus far and I'm ready for the next chapter...

My surgery is in the morning, prayers for all August 12 sleevers!

You're all going to be great!

Omg day 1 of my liquid diet and I'm sooooo nauseous.. Ugh probably just in my head huh? Oh well 1 down 13 more to go

The first week of my preop liquid diet was the worst. One day my whole body was aching and I felt like I was getting the flu. Found out my body was detoxing. It gets easier just stay strong! You got this! :-)

Having surgery in the morning! Have to be there at 8:30, so not too early thank goodness. Been trying to run all my errands, do laundry, clean the house, and get my dogs cleaned up today. I had to work all weekend so everything had to be done today. I had started questioning whether this is still a good idea, but then my back and knee started really hurting today and all doubts went out the window!

You will be great God will keep u safe. I had mine yesterday still sore haven't been discharge yet hopefully today sometime.

I've been on my pre-op diet since Wednesday. I'm having a heck of a time with it. I can't stomach the Protein Shakes or the texture of the Jello. I've been sleeping a lot when I'm off of work just so I won't eat, but then I'm so hungry I want to binge eat... Any suggestions??

Had my surgery feel great a little sore but great you can do it! Good luck to all the ones that just had them done and the ones having them done!

My experience was great!!

3 days! Glad you're doing well. Thanks for the post

Hi everyone I made, it just sore today yesterday was awful but the nurses were on top of it the pain. Make sure to walk I did it help a lot. I am being discharge home yay so glad

Hi everyone! I'm having my band to sleeve revision on August 20th. I've been on a liquid and steamed veggie diet for a week. So looking forward to being on the other side!! I have a cold that I am hopingm doesn't cause my surgery to be rescheduled. I know the reduced calorie diet probably isn't helping my body fight it off.

Hope everyone is doing well! I haven't read all 66 pages of the thread yet but I plan on reading a lot of it this week. :)

The first week of my preop liquid diet was the worst. One day my whole body was aching and I felt like I was getting the flu. Found out my body was detoxing. It gets easier just stay strong! You got this! :-)

thank you..today was ok so far

I've been on my pre-op diet since Wednesday. I'm having a heck of a time with it. I can't stomach the Protein Shakes or the texture of the Jello. I've been sleeping a lot when I'm off of work just so I won't eat, but then I'm so hungry I want to binge eat... Any suggestions??

Katie - Ive been doing the Protein shakes for 3 weeks now - try a different brand - Im lactose intollerant... so I had to try several before i found something that would work. my doctors orders are 2-3 shakes, jello, plain greek yogurt, and Soup or protein chicken and salad. so my advice would be try a different brand of shake. Good luck! I just tell myself - I chose this surgery - so its up to ME to do the diet for the surgery that I chose and I want my liver to shrink to make the Dr's job easier!

Hi all! Had surgery AUG 7th it went really well. The gas pain and drain were rough. Walking will help the gas pain dissipate so walk as much as you can. The first night home after most of the pain cocktail wore off was rough. I had the shaking chills from the anesthesia wearing off and nauseous so I couldn't get the liquid pain meds down so Doc called me in some Zofran....miracle drug! So far the pain has been minimal but I tire really easy. I am 5 days post op and progressing fairly well. Today has been an off day. I think not having a bowel movement in over a week is causing me to fill queasy and making it hard to drink and eat. I will be calling doc about that. I had to go to lunch with my family today....that was torture. Real hunger isn't there but HEAD HUNGER is NO JOKE! Watching them enjoy things I love while I sipped Protein Drink bummed me out. I am still a bit sad about it...but I know it will get better. I am down 12lbs since surgery last Thursday and 21lbs overall so that is motivating.