Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 11th for me. 7:15am....have to be there are 5:15am and I live about 1 1/2 hrs away. I will have to get up at around 2:30am to get ready and get there on time! But the more I think about it....I probably wont sleep much that night even if I didn't have to be there until noon! Scared and excited. My pre-op diet is just 3 Protein shakes a day, 1 piece of fruit and raw veggies thru the day and 1 frozen meal under 300 calories. Way better than what I have been reading about some other pre-op diets. And after the surgery I am on strictly liquids for 4 to 6 weeks....protein shakes based....not Clear Liquids only. Very happy with this. Hoping it will help with the hair loss issues I've read about. My doctor said that on Clear Liquids only right after surgery people have been really hungry and eating "small" amounts of food trying to fight the hunger and this can cause leaks. Protein Shakes right after surgery have helped and are not a problem with healing at all. So glad he went over this with me....some posts on here can be really scaring the huey out of me!

August 11th for me. 7:15am....have to be there are 5:15am and I live about 1 1/2 hrs away. I will have to get up at around 2:30am to get ready and get there on time! But the more I think about it....I probably wont sleep much that night even if I didn't have to be there until noon! Scared and excited. My pre-op diet is just 3 Protein shakes a day, 1 piece of fruit and raw veggies thru the day and 1 frozen meal under 300 calories. Way better than what I have been reading about some other pre-op diets. And after the surgery I am on strictly liquids for 4 to 6 weeks....protein shakes based....not clear liquids only. Very happy with this. Hoping it will help with the hair loss issues I've read about. My doctor said that on clear liquids only right after surgery people have been really hungry and eating "small" amounts of food trying to fight the hunger and this can cause leaks. Protein Shakes right after surgery have helped and are not a problem with healing at all. So glad he went over this with me....some posts on here can be really scaring the huey out of me!

I agree. I'm trying to do a liquid diet for a few days to see how I do and try out different things. I have been told to not lose any weight past 5lbs because I'm borderline bmi. I'm just waiting on the insurance to approve me and I am good to go... I hope. Just trying to do something productive while I wait. I'm going crazy! Wish they'd call. The doctor said that the insurance company takes 2 wks to call once paperwork is submitted. So it should be this week I find out. I feel like calling them. No patience. Lol

Aug. 26 is my date. I'm nervous, and a little scared (I'm a big baby about pain) and not looking forward to being in the hospital...but I'm totally ready to start my new life!

Mine is August 26th too. I was hoping for July but am glad that I have a date now just waiting for approval. My paperwork was submitted on Friday.

I am scheduled August 4th- Good Samaritan Hospital in Rockland County, NY. Anyone else, perhaps we can become partners on the losers bench.

I have 1 more week to start my two week pre op diet. So I'm holding daily floods funerals until that day. Today I'm laying to rest ice cream and fruit Loop w/marshmallows. I'm not going to lie, I'm going to have a funeral for them tomorrow too...and the next day....etc. ANYWAY

I'm looking forward to my surgery, but I can't wait to get past the pre op diet.

Hi everyone, I am a newbie, so please bare with me, if I make some mistakes. I wanted to join in on the August sleeve surgeries. I have to attend my last nutrition class in July and my doctors apt in July and hopefully I can get an August date. I am getting kind of anxious and really ready to start the next section of this journey.

Will, Ii think I'm getting the hang of this posting :-). After almost a year of pipework, testing, postponements, I am officially beginning my 30 day countdown to surgery. I think I am as ready as I'll ever be. I am only suppose to stay one night in the hospital, and I put in for 2 weeks off work (FMLA) and I may return for a couple of 1/2 days just until I see how it goes even if I do sit and stare at the computer all day.. With all of the new blood pressure medication that I am currently taking, they seem to may me so sleepy during the day. I will definitely have to make sure my meds are adjusted as needed. That's all I need is to fall asleep at my desk...lol I usually take a ferry boat and walk for about 5 blocks to work. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that in 2 weeks ( I sure hope), I was hoping I wouldn't have to drive (avoiding sitting in traffic, parking fees...etc.)..

I tried to drink a Protein drink and ....ughhhh. Time to try a few different kinds. I don't want to buy to many until I find one I like and can handle. I have a friend that purchased a tone of stuff, just to find out that she didn't like a lot of it so she actually gave so much to me. Isopure (diff flavors), chewable Vitamins, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth, liquid Vitamins that you mixwith Water. (orange flavor), She even gave me her new nutribullet. She didn't like that either. I was lucky to score this stuff!! My Nut. gave me some samples of beneprotein in the packets and I liked those so I will be getting some more. Hopefully, I'll still like it post surgery. Well,I feel like I'm rambling (sorry), can anyone tell I'm excited?? :-).

Hi, all. This is my first post here. Very glad to see that I will have plenty of company on August 5th!

My surgery is scheduled for August 5th!!! 25/f/Kansas City so excited but so nervous!

My count down has begun! 5 days until I start my 2 week liquid pre op diet and 15 days until my surgery! I'm so excited (and nervous!). August 1 is my day!

Tomorrow is my last appt before paperwork getting submitted to my insurance. It's my NUT appt. Hopefully she faxes the paperwork to surgeons office right away. I'll ask her. I'll probably call my surgeons office and let the lady know so she can expect it to be coming in. Hopefully the insurance doesn't take 2 weeks for approval.

August 18th is my scheduled date for surgery.. and I just got my insurance approval in the mail yesterday. Nutrtional visit on Tuesday.. support group Wednesday.. Im ready!!

Hello there,

My date is two days after you, I'm so nervous but excited . I'm a revision from lapband to sleeve or bypass. Haven't decided yet which one I will go with. Good luck to you !

Hi all, this is my first post on here. I'm having the sleeve on the 12th of August. I'm going from band to sleeve (same op) had the band 10 years ago was 136kg, got down to 90kg, now back up to 110kg. Bands not working for me anymore. I'm 37 and 182cm. Anybody else gone band to sleeve in the same op ?

Everything is approved! I go in for pre-op appointments on August 4th and surgery is on Aug 5th. Excited but scared.

I'm getting ready to go to my NUT appt. Excited and nervous all the same time. This is my last appt before insurance submission. Crossing fingers for a fast approval.