Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GREAT NEW SINGLE LOCATION FOR "STALL TALK!"

Hi I am 7 weeks out and my nutrition told me if a stall occurs make sure that you are eating enough as well as Protein and Water. I was doing great on the protein but was not getting in my water and eating 500 calories a day she bump my calories up to 700- 900. Hope this helps.

I too am stalled. I've been at the same weight for 2 weeks and I'm only 3 weeks out. It's so frustrating but I can't change much because I'm on soft foods and consume very little. I do get in 60 gm protien via shakes plus the small amount in the food I attempt to eat.

I just can't wait to write the post that says it's over. Hope to be back with that one soon.

I want to learn more about long stalls. 3 months! I'm 6 months out, 43 pounds lost & have been same weight for 3 months. (age 51, just starting menopause & doctor said that's not affecting stall) Have shrunk many sizes. (very happy) CONCERN IS: I'm afraid that I wont loose anymore. Eating 1200 caleries a day, increasing exercise with walking & stationary bike. Doctor said 3 month stall was okay for me because he could see the visible changes. He said I gained muscle because I had such an inactive life style prior to surgery in Dec. 2013. Doctor stated to continue with 1200 calaries a day & exercise and I will start to loose 30 or 40 lbs in no time. 2 more weeks went by since appt. and I added more walking with swimming & weight is the same. Even if I cut calaries to be less & inrease Protein. no changes in weight. Do I trust doctor or start eating less? Im very angry because I dont want to eat less. Trying to be brave & keep increasing exercise. Not much positive reinforcement & would love to find a support group.

I have been putting fruit twice a day into my Protein smoothies. Is this my stall problem? i'm tracking caleries.

You guys should make new posts so people can see them and address your individual issues.

<p>This is an excellent topic, I too am at a stall and I am 6 weeks out, I am eating less than 900 calories and on most days 600, I am getting in 60 grams of Protein and I am hardly ever hungry , I am still struggling with my Water intake but I do get in at least 32 ounces of Water a day and all of my sugar are less than 5 grams.</p>

Cupcake ,

Try to increase your water intake. I stalled @ 5 wks and have had losses each wk since then. I increased my calories a little, and made sure that I got in all of my Protein. Now I am working daily to get all of my nutrition goals met. I do better if I get in at least 30 gms of protein by noon and start my water early as well. I have to flavor most of my water. I enjoy water but cannot drink too much of it plain or I will have nausea.

I am down 58 lbs since pre surgery diet. Surgery was 4/30/14. At my next weigh in, I will be in twoterville . I am probably there already. But have weighed twice this wk with losses both days and I am afraid to ruin a good thing. I'm not losing as much as others, but am thankful for my own personal progress, small as it may be.

Everyone make sure your doing your Protein and Water my stall just broke we all got this and we are all here for each other success.

I am buring my scale. I think we are so conscious of our stalls because we weigh ourselves too much. I am a slave to my scale and I am done. I am going to do as I am told and keep plugging and not worry about it. I am obsessing and I hate it. Now that I have said it I am putting this into action.

I was stalled for 3 weeks then dropped 7 lbs and now stalled again. I hate this. I worry because I can't seem to get over 32 ozs of Water in, I get bloated and have some increased reflux if I push fluids too much. I count calories and keep track of everything I eat, but I can't get that scale to move. I'm almost 5 months out and down 45 lbs. Good to know others are having the same problems.

It is now mid July and since February I have lost 5 pounds. My surgery was last October and i have lost 50 pounds. I have been taking prednisone for a chronic sinus infection and am wondering if this is holding me back. Anyone have any suggestions for kick starting the weight loss????

cathy, my doc said we should avoid all fruits at this stage as they contain a lot of sugar which is stored as fat immediately.

I was having a banana daily, but now I have stopped it.

Hi Avon,

are you tracking your diet thru my fitnesspal.com? I recently started to tract it and am getting results. I had gained weight last month now slowly it is going down.

Glad im not the only one. sleeved january 2014. starting weight around 300 and im stuck in the 240s for a few weeks. i admit i fell off, moved, wasnt eating my Protein and was ultimately dissappointed at my 5 month checkup. so i got back on my game, have lost about 8 lbs since then and started intense strength training. maybe im gaining muscle or something but the scale isnt moving how i want it to. im just going to stay motivated and consistent, and positive. id love to hear any tips if you all have any too. thanks.

Edited by doneganregime1