Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GREAT NEW SINGLE LOCATION FOR "STALL TALK!"

This is an excellent topic, I too am at a stall and I am 6 weeks out, I am eating less than 900 calories and on most days 600, I am getting in 60 grams of Protein and I am hardly ever hungry , I am still struggling with my Water intake but I do get in at least 32 ounces of Water a day and all of my sugar are less than 5 grams.

carbs can be a diet KILLER, along with too much fruit; which has "hidden" carbs and sugars...we were told to keep fruit to a minimum and NO juice...always use whole fruit, much better for you and more satisfying.

To this day, I don't have "white" carbs...I will have a warm, fresh roll when we go out to dinner...if I feel so inclined...but that's the only time....

stay away from carbs and fruit as much as you can... I substitute spaghetti squash for spaghetti (need to get my Italian in) .. I don't use bread for sandwiches...no loss there... etc.. minor changes can be big on helping...

I'm really surprised that your Dr is allowing carbs and fruits already

What do you use for sandwiches?

Great! I love that this is here. I for one promise to look here first when I have my "3 week stall" before I start freaking out and starting a new thread lol

Hello everyone . I am going through the three week stall and it is the puts. :( My surgery was on June 11th this year and so far I've lost 20 lbs so far. Now I'm non my fourth week and I hope it gets better. I'm still taking my Vitamins and Calcium . I'm also in taking my Protein Shakes, at least 40-50 grams. Since I've been back to work, it's really hard to find a eating balance schedule, but I do the best I can. I need to know is will the stalling pass soon? Please help!!!

I've had stalls at 3 weeks, 6 weeks and now again at 14 weeks. It is frustrating to go through, but take time to notice other things like how your clothes fit. I haven't lost any weight in about 1 week but now I can wear size 14 and just last week size 16 was just fitting correctly. I had surgery on March 26, weight highest 222, now 179. Target weight is 130.

I have read all about the stalls and understand they will happen, but I wasn't expecting to hit my first one 10 days after surgery. I have followed all of the rules and have not lost an ounce from days 10-16. It is so dang frustrating! Grrrrr......

My surgery was 6/16 and I lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks. I have been in a stall for 8 days now not losing even an ounce. I know this is normal from the posts that I read, but it sure is frustrating.

I am four weeks post op and the scale hasn't moved in two weeks. I don't know what to do I'm just so frustrated. I've been told stalls are normal but all this does is make me feel like a failure. I'm hardly having any carbs so I don't know what else to cut. It's not like I'm taking any a ton of calories (rarely over 800). I'm so confused.

Don't let the frustration get you down. It will get better. At 4 weeks, your body is still healing inside. You will soon hit your stride. After the quick weight loss just after the surgery, I think your body goes into shock for a little bit and just holds on to Water. It doesn't seem to make sense but the more Water you drink, the more your body will flush through. When you can get to a real sweaty workout, you will see a big jump down in weight. If you are eating the smaller number of calories,you ARE losing fat.

In the meantime pull something from the back of your closet that was too small at the start of your journey. I bet you will find some surprises!!

Keep up the good work.

Susan I will admit my shape/size is different. My whole goal is to be healthier. I lost my dad 5 years ago which prompted me to make changes. Of course I failed at several things I've tried. I refuse to fail anymore. I have to succeed! I have two daughters that need me around. I've also noticed my cycle is way off since surgery. I'm hoping some of these things will get back to normal. Thank you for your encouragement????

I'm finding that my stalls (I've had several and I'm only 9 weeks post-op!) are at weights that I held for a long time in the past. Eg if I was at a weight for 6-8 months in the past, that's the weight where my stall is happening on the way down. Is anyone else finding that?

I think I just broke through one that went on for 3 weeks. Geez, I sure hope so!

I love this forum! I going on 5 weeks and I have stalled off and on since week two. The only thing that has helped me move the scale down during a stall is double up on exercise.

I'm finding that my stalls (I've had several and I'm only 9 weeks post-op!) are at weights that I held for a long time in the past. Eg if I was at a weight for 6-8 months in the past, that's the weight where my stall is happening on the way down. Is anyone else finding that?

I think I just broke through one that went on for 3 weeks. Geez, I sure hope so!

Yes! I had the dreaded 3 week stall also and that lasted for two weeks.

I am now about 10 weeks out and just hit a stall again, but I was just under 300 for a long time. I hope I don't keep stalling every 5-6 weeks!