Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is odd ( well to me anyway )

I hope I put this in the right section

I am finding it impossible to eat soft foods? Eg: Mashed potato I can't eat it as soon as it goes in it comes out just as quick I can no longer drink smothies,cereals I can't even eat custard nor thicker textured Soups :) BUT I can eat most crunchy things??

I can't eat meats I can't eat vegies :)

I am really getting annoyed at not being able to eat these foods..

Do any of you guys have the same problem?

When were you banded? Have you had a fill? How much?

I hope I put this in the right section

I am finding it impossible to eat soft foods? Eg: Mashed potato I can't eat it as soon as it goes in it comes out just as quick I can no longer drink smothies,cereals I can't even eat custard nor thicker textured Soups :) BUT I can eat most crunchy things??

I can't eat meats I can't eat vegies :)

I am really getting annoyed at not being able to eat these foods..

Do any of you guys have the same problem?

I was banded last july and I have had 2 fills well 3 but needed an unfill on my last, My surgeon tried putting in 5 ml?? But now I have 2.5 in

It's driving me nut's all these crunchy foods cannot be good for me.. Never thought I would say this but I am dying to eat some vegies and meat, Just something a little more solid and fulfilling lol

Thanks for responding onlygo I appreciate it

It's driving me nut's all these crunchy foods cannot be good for me.. Never thought I would say this but I am dying to eat some vegies and meat, Just something a little more solid and fulfilling lol

Thanks for responding onlygo I appreciate it

Sometimes I still swear that bariatric surgeons are closet PITA members.

:girl_hug:

Hi Ya WASabubble Butt :) I have no idea what PITA stands for? lol

Yikes! I'm sorry! I write out PITA so much (Pain In The Butt) that it has become habit! I meant PETA! :girl_hug:

BTW, I have the same problems as you do. At least drink some V8 juice if you like it, a small can 5.5oz?? is a full veggie serving.

Ahhhhhhhh lol you learn something new everyday .. I've never tried the V8 juice before but am willing I definatley need to have something to replace what I'm lacking..

Thanks guys it's a PITA lmfao sorry had to use it :girl_hug:

junk food always goes down easier, if you can not eat meats, or veggies I would say you are still too tight. Consider having some fill removed, goingfrom 2.5 to 2.3 will make a huge difference in being able to eat solids yet still lose weight, it is only .2 cc's. Remember the band was designed to be able to still eat health solid foods. if you can not do that then you are too tight and I am sure your doctor will agree.

I agree with La_madam. You are too tight if you can't eat solid Protein. You are only going to start gaining weight by eating all the junk food.< /p>

I hope you discuss this with your Dr.

Hi Phatty,

I was banded in Nov 07 and didn't receive my first fill until Feb. I was scheduled for Jan but I had so much tightness that a fill would have prevented anything from going down. I only had 3 cc and I'd be surprised if I ever needed more. Lost 58 lbs to date, have 27 to "mid-goal" weight. But there are times when I can't eat very much one day and have a hard time getting some foods down, and then the next day it goes down without any troubles. I start every morning with something hot to drink to losen up the band and make life easier for me, then wait till almost noon before I attempt to eat anything of a heavier substance. Sometimes fried eggs go down easier than a soft boiled egg, some Soups are easier than other Soups (lots of little noodles can easily be missed or big chunks of veggies take longer to chew). Yoghurt, soya milk, lemon Water, all healthy, will add some nutrition to your body and will help you gage how tight you are. But if you're not eating well because of restriction I'd suggest having some taken out. Better be safe than sorry. Hope this helps.:clap2:

I was that way , I had to go for a small unfill. I was too tight and I had a .2cc removed and made a great difference. I can eat good food again, and it is wonderful, don't wait as long as I did though my hair started breaking from lack of nutrients.