Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would LOVE to be a bodybuilder post-surgery

Just wanted to throw it out there. It has been a dream of mine for some time to become a competitive bodybuilder in the female fitness category.

I know it is hard to get in calories and Protein when you are trying to bulk with a sleeve but the way I figure it, I can do quite a lot with supplements on the Protein and calories front. We'll see.

Good luck to all of those that are currently on a path to strength and wellness!!

Edited by HaddocksEyes

Do it! My dream is to run a marathon. ... I'm walking 4-5miles a day and a little running in between. I'm trying to condition myself to get to where I can run a mile without stopping. Need to lose about 20 more lbs. then I think I will be ready to start running.

Why not? I was watching a TV show recently that featured older women. One was a 72 year old body builder... yow, did she look strong!

Do it! My dream is to run a marathon. ... I'm walking 4-5miles a day and a little running in between. I'm trying to condition myself to get to where I can run a mile without stopping. Need to lose about 20 more lbs. then I think I will be ready to start running.

You will do it! That is an awesome goal.

Why not? I was watching a TV show recently that featured older women. One was a 72 year old body builder... yow, did she look strong!

I know who you are talking about. Her attitude is so inspiring as well.

Do it!!

I love love love lifting... It was discouraging at first to lose as much strength as I did, but I just have to figure : new body, new needs, new goals.

Baby steps. Lol

I completely understand! I wouldn't want to do it in competitions or anything, but I'd love to be really strong and have a very athletic/boyish figure (think Noomi Repace in the original Swedish film of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo).

I joined a fitness club yesterday. They have a strong emphasis on lifting (and on lifting safely!), and I was thrilled when the trainer told me I have the perfect proportions for it.

"Haddocks"...I think it's possible, but you have to get your diet nearly perfect and timining of your meals is important along with the actual workouts to stimulate the growth. My goal is more on strength and lifting numbers than on bodybuilding, but they often go hand in hand and only slight differences in the approach (mostly with the lifts). I've been able to really reach some nice strength goals, but it's takes some work....along with a lot of patience (I'm 2 and a half years post op). You can do it and wish you the best! :)

What a wonderful goal. I love a firm body and heavy lifting. Keep your goals infront of you and you will be able to achieve anything.

post-173616-0-95412000-1404675701_thumb.jpg

I was 340 lbs when my journey started, 316 at surgery. I have lost over 160 but have gained over 30 lbs of muscle. It totally can be done. I sit pretty ripped at 190 lbs.

i hear ya! me too.

i have always found the gals on the cover of Oxygen magazine way more awesome than the gals on the cover of Vogue. just my opinion, but to me, fit and STRONG is way more healthy looking. again, just my opinion!

today i am joining a gym and i am 11 wks post surgery. i have been losing nicely but it's slowing a bit and i still have about 30 lbs to go until goal. i figure starting some training now will both tone and tighten and boost my metabolism to lose the final pounds.at that point i really want to start building. i wanted to just train at home but i realized i will never get to where i really want to be on my own.

I felt the same way too. I had to join a gym. I wanted to look a certain way, and I was not accomplishing it at home. I also looked at different athletic bodies and designed my work out to get that specific body. Swimmers, runners, and cyclist, all have different bodies, but all are in good shape. I like the thin runners muscular body. I jog, lift heavy weights, and try to concentrate on the areas below my waist. It is working out.

I just found this post - lolz don't come here enough.

Anyways started lifting about 3 weeks ago and am LOVING it! I do cardio because I HAVE to. Gotta have lifting rest days so cardio fits in there.

Thank you for all the words of encouragement! I really appreciate it. Looking forward to posting a picture some day of my soon-to be awesome guns! :)

i hear ya! me too.

i have always found the gals on the cover of Oxygen magazine way more awesome than the gals on the cover of Vogue. just my opinion, but to me, fit and STRONG is way more healthy looking. again, just my opinion!

today i am joining a gym and i am 11 wks post surgery. i have been losing nicely but it's slowing a bit and i still have about 30 lbs to go until goal. i figure starting some training now will both tone and tighten and boost my metabolism to lose the final pounds.at that point i really want to start building. i wanted to just train at home but i realized i will never get to where i really want to be on my own.

I love Oxygen magazine - will be renewing my subscription soon.

attachicon.gif:

I was 340 lbs when my journey started, 316 at surgery. I have lost over 160 but have gained over 30 lbs of muscle. It totally can be done. I sit pretty ripped at 190 lbs.

Yeah, you look pretty sweet - love those arms!!