Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Former Fatties! July Goals

Just finished my 3.2 mile walk and feel refreshed (and happy that my son fell asleep halfway through the walk)!!

Go Mimi!!

Did a 30 minute workout today, on bicycle machine. Don't no how far I went but I did just download the app called map my walk, so hopefully that helps;)

Go Krystal! Next month I'm thinking about mixing the walking with riding.

I've turned my garage into a mini gym! Lol.. Bought a bicycle machine, and a ab lounge XL. Thinking about adding an elliptical, but when I get on at the gym i barely last 5 min! Smh.. I get out if breath so quick, I'm trying to build tolerance for more cardio... Any suggestions?

Do it over and over!

This is awesome! Congrats everyone! Great support. I'll start my 30min walks tomorrow. Can't seem to reach my first goal of 30 pounds lost. Almost there but not quite. This is just the boost I needed to get my body moving, shed these last few pounds, and start a new goal.

I think an individual should speak for themselves and not label an entire group. Maybe you feel that way about yourself or you feel there is nothing wrong with being called "fatty" then your entitled. What you do not know about the other possible millions of others who struggles with obesity that may not be related to being a couch potato or eating an entire pizza. Some could have physical disabilities or chronic conditions that have limited them from losing weight. Sometimes it is best to think before we post.

This is awesome! Congrats everyone! Great support. I'll start my 30min walks tomorrow. Can't seem to reach my first goal of 30 pounds lost. Almost there but not quite. This is just the boost I needed to get my body moving, shed these last few pounds, and start a new goal.

Go Pink! I take a few days off now and then, start small. Baby steps! Break it up into two different 15 minute sessions, 10x easier. You can do it!

I think an individual should speak for themselves and not label an entire group. Maybe you feel that way about yourself or you feel there is nothing wrong with being called "fatty" then your entitled. What you do not know about the other possible millions of others who struggles with obesity that may not be related to being a couch potato or eating an entire pizza. Some could have physical disabilities or chronic conditions that have limited them from losing weight. Sometimes it is best to think before we post.

I realize that some people have a 1 in 400K disease that makes them overnight. For those people, I sincerely apologize. But for the rest of the 399,999 of us, we earned every inch of a 44" waistline by not being active enough and too many double cheeseburgers, ice cream and 2 for $3 Big Mac's.

Excuse me..I am a vet but do I need a note from my mommy to say why I can't participate in the 30 min. walk for us WLS patients...

Wait a minute I can speak for myself.. I am under strict orders from my surgeon to not do any exercise until they pull this drain from my side....So I think I'll pass and try to set my own goals when I am well enough to reenter the exercising world...

Boy do I miss it...I felt so powerful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been called fatty, obese, tank, whale, gross, lazy..on and on...Didn't like it then. Don't like it now....It does not make me want to walk for 30 min. for you....just saying!

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

I'm in agreement with the nay-sayers. Even at my heaviest, I was walking 6-10k steps daily. I rarely if ever ate fast food. I worked pretty damn hard to try and lose weight with little result.

It's a pity that condescension and abrasive manner really turned people off from what could be a worthwhile challenge for the month. (I already walk and/or bike at least 30 minutes a day...usually closer to 90, and I don't intend to stop any time soon)

Excuse me..I am a vet but do I need a note from my mommy to say why I can't participate in the 30 min. walk for us WLS patients...

Wait a minute I can speak for myself.. I am under strict orders from my surgeon to not do any exercise until they pull this drain from my side....So I think I'll pass and try to set my own goals when I am well enough to reenter the exercising world...

I have been called fatty, obese, tank, whale, gross, lazy..on and on...Didn't like it then. Don't like it now....It does not make me want to walk for 30 min. for you....just saying!

You're not walking for me, your mother or your doctor RJ, you're doing it for yourself. Set your own goals and take advantage of the opportunity bariatric surgery provides all of us.

I'm in agreement with the nay-sayers. Even at my heaviest, I was walking 6-10k steps daily. I rarely if ever ate fast food. I worked pretty damn hard to try and lose weight with little result.

It's a pity that condescension and abrasive manner really turned people off from what could be a worthwhile challenge for the month. (I already walk and/or bike at least 30 minutes a day...usually closer to 90, and I don't intend to stop any time soon)

I was once in denial too....

I was once in denial too....

Keep right up with the condescending attitude. You are judging people you know nothing about based on your own history and story.

You're not walking for me, your mother or your doctor RJ, you're doing it for yourself. Set your own goals and take advantage of the opportunity bariatric surgery provides all of us.

OOPS your right I did not write my intention as clearly as I should have. I meant I am not joining in your little dare to walk 30 min. a day. I don't like the way you called us former fatties...By the way..I am not in denial either.. i was morbidly obese...I except that and that means I was really fat.I get to call myself that by the way...But I take offence if you call me that! But I don't think I need to be reminded by you or anyone else of this forum. Like others I come here to get away from those who take cheap pot shots but I try to encourage those who ask for help........