Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why cant i see my accomplishment?

I have finally hit the -50 lb mark. I'm about 1 lbs to onederland but I just don't see it. I don't feel much different. Is it because I'm only half way there? Idk maybe it's because I haven't been doing the best with my diet and haven't lost any significant weight this past month. Feeling down that's all ????

You have lost 50 pounds! You have to be able to see it! Don't let depression take over - recommit to yourself and make yourself the priority. You got this!

I'd say it took me about 50lbs to start to see it and feel it. I bet you're almost at the point! Stay focused you got this and your hard work will totally pay off!!!

Hey Wendy. I lost nearly 100 lbs. and didn't see it. I am seeing a therapist to help me to see the new me and not the fat girl. I'm down 130+ lbs. and still working on seeing what everyone else sees.

I bet while you don't see the difference, others do.

Hang in there!

I can understand why you are feeling low but i feel that you should acknowledge the hard work you have put in to lose those 50 lbs.It is not an easy task but then you managed to accomplish it.You also need to keep a positive attitude for the future so that you are able to get to your ideal weight.You may not be able to see the change in yourself but I am sure the people around are able to see the big change.

Hi Wendy, you are doing beautifully! We have very similar stats only I'm a November bandit. I really hovered at those gates of Onederland a while but once through it all seemed a lot more real to me, like it's really happening.

It seemed to take longer to lose those last few pounds to get to onederland, but I think it's because I wanted it so bad! So when I finally got there I sorta missed the excitement till now cuz in working for my next goal to be considered just overweight and no longer obese :! Hang in there !

Sounds like you are doing great. It is probably body image issues and a feeling of I want this all done right now. Well, we did not get there overnight and we won't get back overnight. When I had my band put in 02/13 I was told to expect a weight loss of 45 to 60 percent of my excess weight in 2 years. Well, I had a miracle and have lost about 80 percent of my weight in less than a year and now I am struggling with the last 15 pounds. I have lost only 10 pounds since Jan 1, 2014. I get a little bend out of shape now and again, but remember where I was when I started and where I am now. 46 in pants to 34. OK, in my mind I want 32's but maybe for now I had better just get used to 34 and be grateful. Maybe working with your dietitian and the therapist at your clinic will help you get over this slump.

Many of us struggled with this. In time, you will see what others see. I didn't realize what everyone kept shoo shooing behind my back until two years post op. I took a picture and that's when I noticed how much smaller I looked. My neck was so scrawny looking lol. Looking at myself in the mirror I didn't see. It was the photo that did it. Don't be down on yourself. You're beautiful sweetie. Congratulations on 50 lbs down. :)

First go find something that weighs 50 pounds. Pick it up. Walk around with it. Tell me then how you feel. You are walking around every minute of every day with 50 pounds less on your joints, muscles and bones. You have done fantastic. Take a look at your photo's before losing the weight. Do like I do when I can't feel the impact of my loss. Go ahead and ask people if they notice your weight loss. Then thank them and tell them you have worked really hard to lose the weight. This last part solidifies in your mind that you have lost weight and that all the hard work has positive results. Write down the compliments people give you. When you are having a down day go back and re-read your compliment journal. Only journal compliments. You will begin to train your brain to remember the true compliments. Right now your brain hangs on to the negative experiences of being heavy. When you re-read the compliments your nervous system does not know the difference in a vividly imagined event and the real thing. So you relive those moments you got compliments. Your nervous system will hang on to those positive events. We are good at always vividly remembering negative comments and experiences yet we discard the positive. A compliment journal helps your nervous system relive those great moments. I have a compliment journal. I journal what the person said. I journal how it made me feel. When I have a bad day or feel discouraged I pick up my journal, flip through it and re-read and re-experience those positive feelings. Don't be afraid to ask others if they have noticed your weight loss. Other's don't always say it but if you help bring it out of them it is the same as an unsolicited compliment. Here for you. And Wow!! I bet you have a hard time lifting that 50 pounds up and walking around!!