Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I know many bandsters can't eat in the morning. But does anyone have trouble drinking coffee? I've always had a cup of coffee first thing in the morning, while getting ready for work. Now I cant even do that - I feel like a big hair ball is stuck in my throat every time I take a sip. I have been having to reheat my one cup of coffee like 5 times, and it's usually around 10am by the time I actually enjoy it. Anyone??

P.S. Last time I had an adjustment was in March...and it was a slight unfill.

I haven't had trouble with coffee...and am thankful to that...but I have read on here some folks that have had issues...so I think it's normal. Hope other things are going well for you though...you take care okay? Happy 4th of July to ya!!!

Yes, when my band was too tight I never had a hot cup of anything (or a hot meal). For my morning coffee, I had to put it in a travel mug and just sip it very slowly. One cup would last me two hours.

For me, that means I'm too tight. For others, though, they like this amount of restriction.

With each fill, it was more difficult early morning, but eventually, that has relaxed. I think in part,I was drinking too fast. What I did is bought a cup hot plate warmer and placed it next to my favorite chair. It also has been useful in keeping my cup of food warm my entire 30 minutes while eating. They are meant to be warmers for your desk, so they are portable and cheap. You will find your way! It's so important to live in your 'real' right now. Accept your new changes and improve them where you can.

Oh, great idea about the portable mug warmer. I'm going to order one now!

It's fab cheap and bought mine on Amazon prime

Your issue could be caused by many things. TOM, excessive sodium, stuck episodes and allergies to name a few. I guess it depends on how long this has been going on? If it's just a few days or a week you might want to ride it out to see if it takes care of itself?

If not, another slight unfill is in order?

One last suggestion? Most people prefer warm or Hot Drinks to soften/loosen up in the mornings. But if the issue is caused by inflammation, chewing on ice chips or very cold fluids might reduce some of that swelling? It's worth a try?

I think I will give it another week or so it see if it improves, and if not - I will get another unfill. I have been having more stuck episodes lately :(

I have been banded for almost 7 years and have the same problem with drinking hot tea in the morning. I can only take very little sips throughout the morning. By mid morning it does away. Not sure why, but you just deal with it.

That is so strange, Garfield...7 years, really? I hate not being able to drink my cup of coffee in the morning :(