Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June sleevers, check-in!

Thanks everyone! I was thinking my surgeon said soft foods at 30 days. Really though I don't know what to do for that that's actually good for me. I guess Soup. chicken does not feel good. Wish I had a recipe book.

You can have canned tuna with fat free mayo, avocados, scrambled eggs, baked, broiled or grilled fish, and any meat that has been cooked all day in the crockpot when you are at the soft food stage.

I still on full liquids but I bought a book (Amazon/Kindle) called Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook. It has great ideas and recipes for each stage. I think it's awesome because I'm not that creative and really wanted some input for puréed and soft foods.

Surgery date 6/16

S/W 223

C/W 204

I have been in a stall for about a week now. I returned to work on the 30th and it was hard. Still very tired and week, but I think that is from not getting my 60 oz of Fluid or all of my Protein. Up until a week ago it hurt to drink...much better now. Started on blended foods 3 days ago and I follow this stage for one week before moving to soft foods for one week. My stomach does not seem to like anything I eat except broth but I tolerate it. Most if my pain subsided within 1 1/2 weeks and then the left sided pain returned three days ago. Strange. Overall, I'm glad that I did this but I am definitely ready for my body to feel normal.

Surgery date 6/16 S/W 223 C/W 204 I have been in a stall for about a week now. I returned to work on the 30th and it was hard. Still very tired and week, but I think that is from not getting my 60 oz of Fluid or all of my Protein. Up until a week ago it hurt to drink...much better now. Started on blended foods 3 days ago and I follow this stage for one week before moving to soft foods for one week. My stomach does not seem to like anything I eat except broth but I tolerate it. Most if my pain subsided within 1 1/2 weeks and then the left sided pain returned three days ago. Strange. Overall, I'm glad that I did this but I am definitely ready for my body to feel normal.

Thanks for sharing.. I am almost 14 days post op (6/24).. and my biggest concern is the pain on the left side..feels like a pulled muscle.. hard for me to sit up, bend and its quite frustrating.. I was told to put hot/cold compresses muscle rub but its not doing much.. I have to go back to work Monday and Im worried b/c its going to be long hours.. I just want this pain to subside..

but I wish you the best in a quick recovery and getting back into a normal routine!

Surgery date 6/16 S/W 223 C/W 204 I have been in a stall for about a week now. I returned to work on the 30th and it was hard. Still very tired and week, but I think that is from not getting my 60 oz of Fluid or all of my Protein. Up until a week ago it hurt to drink...much better now. Started on blended foods 3 days ago and I follow this stage for one week before moving to soft foods for one week. My stomach does not seem to like anything I eat except broth but I tolerate it. Most if my pain subsided within 1 1/2 weeks and then the left sided pain returned three days ago. Strange. Overall, I'm glad that I did this but I am definitely ready for my body to feel normal.

Thanks for sharing.. I am almost 14 days post op (6/24).. and my biggest concern is the pain on the left side..feels like a pulled muscle.. hard for me to sit up, bend and its quite frustrating.. I was told to put hot/cold compresses muscle rub but its not doing much.. I have to go back to work Monday and Im worried b/c its going to be long hours.. I just want this pain to subside..

but I wish you the best in a quick recovery and getting back into a normal routine!

Thanks sma. My pain feels the same as yours but I guess time will heal us. Thanks for the reply and I wish you a quick recovery as well. I visit the doctor next week and will ask about the pain. If I learn anything new, I will share it.

By 30 days you will feel almost normal. I was 30 days yesterday and I can get out of bed easily, walk without discomfort and even sneeze and laugh hard! Hang in there. Still get tired quicker than usual but I know that will pass soon.

By 30 days you will feel almost normal. I was 30 days yesterday and I can get out of bed easily, walk without discomfort and even sneeze and laugh hard! Hang in there. Still get tired quicker than usual but I know that will pass soon.

Omg so funny you mention sneezing and laughing.. When I sneeze is when I feel the most pain and just try and apply pressure on my left side when I feel a sneeze coming on. yesterday I had to tell my husband to stop making me laugh too!! Thanks for the insight though!

I still on full liquids but I bought a book (Amazon/Kindle) called Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook. It has great ideas and recipes for each stage. I think it's awesome because I'm not that creative and really wanted some input for puréed and soft foods.

I just ordered the book. I can use help with recipes.

Hi all, I"m 5 days post op. First 2 days were rough. lots of gas pain but now i'm good. I can sit up fine on my own, get in/out of bed. I'm tolerating clears well. no issues. no pain. My incisions are itchy but that's it. I get tired but I haven't even been out a week yet so that's normal. I'm pretty happy!

Aaahhhh! Lean cuisine meatloaf and mashed potatoes! Wonderful! I ate half of it and it was great. It's the simple things.

HW 247

CW 222

Surgery date 6/4

5'7" (I always wonder how tall y'all are!)

Hello fellow June sleevers! (Finally...my first post after over a year of lurking!)

HW 252

SW 228

CW 217

Surgery on 6/23. I have only 2 complaints:

1) I'm tired of Soup

2) My largest incision ( right above my belly button ) still hurts me all day long. Laughing, sneezing, coughing, picking something up off the floor, etc. has me in agony. I can't sleep through the night without waking up with pain. I'm all out of the liquid pain meds. I can't find any liquid Tylenol or equivalent for adults anywhere. Anyone else having similar issues?

I found liquid Tylenol for adults at Wal Mart and Walgreens. Everything you're describing is common. Hang in there! At 30 days it's a LOT better.

Aaahhhh! Lean cuisine meatloaf and mashed potatoes! Wonderful! I ate half of it and it was great. It's the simple things. HW 247 CW 222 Surgery date 6/4 5'7" (I always wonder how tall y'all are!)

I'm so jealous. I don't go to semi-solid until Wed. I tried to eat some soft fish and scalloped potatoes on Fri and promptly threw them up in the Whole Foods parking lot no less - embarrassing! Although at least I threw up in a bag. So now I got the message and am just eating puréed.

I'm so jealous. I don't go to semi-solid until Wed. I tried to eat some soft fish and scalloped potatoes on Fri and promptly threw them up in the Whole Foods parking lot no less - embarrassing! Although at least I threw up in a bag. So now I got the message and am just eating puréed.

LOL! I hear ya! It is difficult knowing when the last safe bite is! I've gurgled up more than once. (Gross!) Now I just get my 1/4 c measuring cup, fill it up and dump it in my bowl.

Aaahhhh! Lean cuisine meatloaf and mashed potatoes! Wonderful! I ate half of it and it was great. It's the simple things. HW 247 CW 222 Surgery date 6/4 5'7" (I always wonder how tall y'all are!)

I'm 5'3 :-)

6'1"