Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1.5 years out and 11 weeks pregnant

I had my surgery 3/25/13 and just found out 3 weeks ago I'm pregnant. I'm super happy because I've never been able to get pregnant before (even tho this was a surprise) but I'm concerned because I can eat whatever I want or can tolerate but within an hour I'm starving. Like I feel like I'm going to die. Any suggestions? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am further out than you and I also got pregnant sooner than you. I was sleeved 18 months ago, and I am 7 months pregnant. I had a lot of complications with me sleeve and still struggle. Anyhow, I wanted to let you know that what you are experiencing seems to be normal. You're only 11 weeks along, which isn't far. I am in my third trimester and what I found is that this absurd need to eat will come and go. My story is a little different, because for the first 5 months of pregnancy i couldn't keep anything down, not even Water. However, from the 6th month on my appetite did this shifting as well. I have days that I can eat, what I consider a lot... Like you say.. every hour... I don't vomit... The baby is supposed to be doubling weight and given that I have not gained much weight during this pregnancy I try to tell myself its okay.

I don't know that I really have any tips to share. I try to listen to what my body is telling me, and this generally leads me to eat healthy things. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables...I chew ice... no I am not low in Iron..Also, if I feel like I have eaten alot that day, I try to drink before eating. It seems that our pregnant bodies need a lot of Fluid. Sometimes filling up on Fluid is the best option for me.

I have not stepped on a scale since finding out I am expecting, because I learned that if I see the number I stop eating. My baby is low in weight and this is an issue.

Keep at it girly. Remember you will soon have days that are more normal in the eating department!

I had my surgery 3/25/13 and just found out 3 weeks ago I'm pregnant. I'm super happy because I've never been able to get pregnant before (even tho this was a surprise) but I'm concerned because I can eat whatever I want or can tolerate but within an hour I'm starving. Like I feel like I'm going to die. Any suggestions? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant and I got pregnant only 2 months post op. I definitely have days where I can eat more than others. I still keep track of all of my food through myfitnesspal so that I make sure I'm getting all of my Protein and carbs in daily. Just make good choices with all of your Snacks and meals. Since we can't eat much at one sitting, snacks are key to making sure we get all we need. I haven't gained anything this pregnancy and have lost a total of 111 lbs since surgery. Baby is doing great and it's been my best pregnancy yet (I had 2 pre sleeve). I'm happy to answer any questions you may have! Good luck!!!

Thanks ladies. I have gained 2 pounds in 11 weeks. I can't eat anything. When I do eat it makes me feel worse. I have zofram for sickness which helps with vomiting but I still feel crappy all day long. I know I have a long way to go and since this is my first pregnancy I really didn't know what to expect. I'll keep updates going. Thanks again ❤️

I just had my little dude 5/1. I basically threw up/felt nauseous from week 5-29. I still randomly threw up until the end of pregnancy (including in labor-awesome). I really didn't gain weight until my last few weeks because of all the throwing up. Emmett was born perfectly healthy at 37 weeks 7lb 2oz and 21".

Did you ladies get the pregnant belly tho

Did you ladies get the pregnant belly tho

VERY much so.

post-167770-0-12767500-1404790003_thumb.jpg

That was 35 weeks- I got even bigger.

post-167770-0-29148100-1404790013_thumb.jpg

This was 30 weeks :).

VERY much so.

That was 35 weeks- I got even bigger.

This was 30 weeks :).

You look amazing. I hope when i am that far along i look just as good

You look amazing. I hope when i am that far along i look just as good

Aww! Thank you!

I am currently 31 weeks pregnant too and almost 2 years out. I have gained 9 lbs so far and yes I do look pregnant. Listen to your body I have had periods of ravenous hunger and others when I don't want to eat..

post-62561-0-18359600-1404874767_thumb.jpg

I am currently 31 weeks pregnant too and almost 2 years out. I have gained 9 lbs so far and yes I do look pregnant. Listen to your body I have had periods of ravenous hunger and others when I don't want to eat..

So beautiful happy for u all. Prayers for all health babies. I know its selfish but i dont want to gain any weight but i know that is not realistic and i want what is best for the baby.

So beautiful happy for u all. Prayers for all health babies. I know its selfish but i dont want to gain any weight but i know that is not realistic and i want what is best for the baby.

trust me when the scale started going up I panicked a bit a few lbs isn't going to kill me. I've gained and lost over 1000 lbs in my life. This time I get a baby as a prize. I'm ok with putting in the work after baby comes to slim back down.

post-182306-0-02781800-1404950234_thumb.jpg

34 weeks today!!! And still haven't gained anything.

Awe you ladies are so cute! I can't wait til my bump shows. Only 12 weeks only thing bigger on me is my breast. By like twice in size and painful :( but I'm not complaining. This is my first pregnancy so I'm definitely happy especially since before surgery my hubby and I tried for 4 years and nothing and then this beautiful blessing :):) but I'm not to worried about gaining just more about being able to eat! Nothing is good. Nothing satisfies me. I lose my appetite. Ladies have any suggestions. What's some stuff you love to eat lol

This is the happiest thread!

Very best to each of you and your bambinos. :)