Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't even own a scale so I weigh once a week at work (fully clothed, with shoes on and after I've had coffee and breakfast). I usually do it on a Friday so I have something to put on my ticker and to post on the "December 2013 sleevers weight loss" thread. Sometimes I forget so I don't weigh until the next Monday.

I also don't track or measure my food, count calories, or go to a gym, so I guess I'm one of the "bad" examples. But below goal in under 6 months is good enough for me.

I don't have surgery until July 1, but for over a year, I weigh daily. I do so because I hold huge amounts of Water and if I don't know what I weighed the day before, had a gain, I wouldn't know what the gain was. There are times I can gain 8 or more in one day.

How will it be later? I don't know. Could be I'll just get on the scale backwards and let hubby keep track of it for me. Then if there is something to be concerned about, take a Lasix and potassium tablet and trust everything is going to be okay.

Right after surgery, I weighed daily. It became an obsession. I would be so upset when it didn't move or when it move up a few ounces.

Now I am a weekly weigher. I weigh in on Tuesday mornings. I find I like this much more. The scale almost always moves down a little (and sometimes a lot!) and I don't focus so much on the weight loss.

One of the reasons I had my surgery was so I could stop obsessing over my weight. I know I'm losing, I don't have to track every lost ounce :-)

-MM

Every morning, first thing. Keeps me accountable. When I avoid the scale it means I'm on the upward track, so I hope I keep on the straight and narrow

My morning routine is: Get out of bed, hit the John and then the scale. I officially weigh in eery Sunday morning so I do not let the small weekly fluctuations bother me

I weigh in every morning as suggested by my surgeon. It really helps me keep on track.

I did the daily scale thing for the first two-three weeks. When I hit my first stall, I stopped weighing daily because I felt myself getting frustrated. So now I weigh once a week (Fridays) and take my measurements at the same time.

I'm getting sleeved in September and as of now I way myself every 3 days I am down 13 pounds from last month, hoping that I will be able to keep the habit of every 3 days after being sleeved.

Everyone's suggestions and comments are so helpful! I think I'll stick to Friday mornings! It will be a great way to start the weekend!! Thanks sleevers!!!

2 x a week for about 6 months, then once a week since then and occasionally I go 2 weeks if I forget.

3-4 times a day, for real. Fluctuations don't bother me a bit. I'm completely fascinated (yes, even almost 14 months out) that I only weigh 152 pounds.

FASCINATED.

This! It's definitely fascinating. I weigh twice a day, log the morning post-bathroom & post-shower weight, and I compulsively do it before bed, and I try to predict what the next morning will be. It's fun. Fluctuations don't bother me, and stalls motivate me. I had said I'll go to once a week once I reach my goal (28 more to go!), but I'm doubtful.

My aunt tried dissuading me, saying that daily weighing is an unhealthy obsession. I take my Vitamins every day. I'm not obsessed with taking Vitamins. Lol. It's just part of my routine and works for me. I'll stop when and if it stops being fascinating, fun, and motivational.

I was sleeved on 1/27/2014, and I used to weigh myself every single day, from the day I got home from the hospital. At first it was nice, because I did see a difference every day, even if it was a few tenths of a pound! But then my weight started to fluctuate, and it started driving me absolutely insane to the point where I was starting to even be afraid to eat what little I could!! Finally after a session or two with my nutritionist, as well as paying even more attention to inches and shrinking clothing sizes, I then made a more strict effort to weigh myself weekly...although every once in awhile I may sneak on the scale mid-week. The one pattern I seemed to find is I always weighed the least on Mondays, and I ALWAYS seem to gain a little bit between Monday and Tuesday...not sure why!!!

I hope this helps, and if anyone has any questions or anything, I am more than willing to share what knowledge and experience I have...and always looking to be friended if you like!!

How often do I weigh?.... I'm writing this while standing on my scales! :P

The scale is my accountability partner; therefore, I weigh myself everyday. Like others I try not to get discouraged one way or the other. I give myself a 3-5lb range to play with. Also, like a previous post, even if I don't lose I still like seeing a number that I haven't been even close to in a long time.