Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Sleevers!!!

My name is Mike. I was sleeved on 6/10/14. Currently down about 21 since surgery. Finally getting my energy back!!!

I was always told NOT to weigh yourself everyday, as the body fluctuates quite a bit especially in the early stages after surgery. However, I just can't help myself from stepping on every morning LOL. I experienced a stall in my second week, but reassured myself it would pass (which it did). So this AM I weighed myself and I was up 1.8 from yesterday. I am not concerned, but just curious to see if other people have experienced this fluctuation and if anyone else shares this similar addiction :D. Please feel free to add me as a friend I am looking for newbies and experienced members!!!!

Thanks so much!

Mike

I am a daily weigher but I made a deal with myself that if I weigh everyday I am not allowed to freak out on upward fluctuations. I was sleeved 16 months ago. Good luck You are in for a fun downward ride on the scale. Those numbers look better going down than they did going up!

I've been there, done that - weighed myself every day... I'm 20 month out now - just get weighed when I go to see the nurse for my diabetes check - about once every three month or so - sometimes I'll step on the scale, but I've only lost 7lbs since Christmas so its a bit disheartening to be honest - rather just live in my dream world :)

My surgery was last Tuesday and I keep getting on my scale every time I'm in my bathroom! It's so neat to me to see the number constantly going down. Once I get down to my goal weight, I plan to only get on the scale once a day to keep myself accountable. As for right now, there's nothing wrong with my little scale obsession!!

Hello Sleevers!!! My name is Mike. I was sleeved on 6/10/14. Currently down about 21 since surgery. Finally getting my energy back!!! I was always told NOT to weigh yourself everyday, as the body fluctuates quite a bit especially in the early stages after surgery. However, I just can't help myself from stepping on every morning LOL. I experienced a stall in my second week, but reassured myself it would pass (which it did). So this AM I weighed myself and I was up 1.8 from yesterday. I am not concerned, but just curious to see if other people have experienced this fluctuation and if anyone else shares this similar addiction :D. Please feel free to add me as a friend I am looking for newbies and experienced members!!!! Thanks so much! Mike

I had the same issue, I was sleeved June 9. The second week I didn't lose, actually went up about a pound! So, for now, I'm not weighing myself daily. Every Monday morning, I will weigh in. My clothing feels much roomier, so I'm going by that right now. I'm only down 11 pounds since surgery, I'm a slow loser, but happy I'm losing!

Hello Sleevers!!! My name is Mike. I was sleeved on 6/10/14. Currently down about 21 since surgery. Finally getting my energy back!!! I was always told NOT to weigh yourself everyday, as the body fluctuates quite a bit especially in the early stages after surgery. However, I just can't help myself from stepping on every morning LOL. I experienced a stall in my second week, but reassured myself it would pass (which it did). So this AM I weighed myself and I was up 1.8 from yesterday. I am not concerned, but just curious to see if other people have experienced this fluctuation and if anyone else shares this similar addiction :D. Please feel free to add me as a friend I am looking for newbies and experienced members!!!! Thanks so much! Mike

Not only do I step on every morning but every time I use the bathroom LOL! I was sleeved June 9 and I have been fluctuating all over too. 2cd week I didn't lose anything but in 3 weeks I'm down 20 pounds so looking back I have never lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks EVER! ;) be patient, follow the instructions given by your doc and nut and we will all keep melting lol good luck to you :)

I avoid it. The daily fluctuations bother me.

I'm fairly comfortable just trusting in the process. Also, I use myfitnesspal to make sure I am staying in line on calories.

I have weighed daily every day since surgery. First thing when I get up. When in weight loss mode, I only tracked my weight on Fridays. I saw up and down fluctuations during the week, but every Friday I was at least a little smaller. I was really stringent about sticking to the program and I exercised 5-6 days per week for 45 minutes to an hour. Three days of strength training, two to three days of walking.

Lynda

I usually weigh twice a day. Once in the morning and then again before bed. I usually don't allow a small gain to bother me. It just motivates me to go workout and/or be more conscious of what I'm eating, ie. Protein first, drinking all my Water, etc. It keeps me accountable. :)

Edited by hockeywife91

I was recently sleeved and yes Im a "scalewatcher" I weigh every morning first thing.....I know people say its a bad habit but for me, it helps me stay focused. I get on the scale and if I haven't had any weight loss or if I picked up .5, I work harder, I stay focused to achieve better results. Yes I know sometime you can lose inches and not weight but...................its an incentive to keep me focused. Im 11 weeks out and have got on the scale everyday of my 11 weeks.

Every Friday. I am a year out on July 11th. In the beginning I weighed myself once a month. I focused on what I needed to do and the scale freaked me out. The loss was bigger once a month and I was ok with that. Now I weigh every Friday.

Not only do I watch the scale everyday, I bought two scales because I thought my first one was lying to me! I only record my weight on Fridays though. I have yet to see the scale go backwards. I'm fascinated how much weight u can lose after a good bathroom break...hehehe!

At least twice a week but I only log it once a week on the same day to stay consistent.