Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I work hard to get Water in and get as close to 64oz as possible, and thats with me nursing it all day.

My problem is with Protein. I'm starting to have a problem getting shakes down right now. I don't like yogurt or cottage cheese. I typically end up with some of the round kind of beef jerkey at work between clients (I'm chewing while I work, I really don't have breaks). If I ope n a Protein shake I can maybe get 1/3rd of it down in an hour but thats all I can do.

Anyone have some other good ideas for 4 weeks out Protein? This weekend I'm traveling and honestly trying to up my calories for a little shock to my system for when I get home and I'm back down taking in protein only pretty much. I've happily discovered nothing is really made me sick. Had a little tbsp rice with dinner at a mexican resturant and 1/4th a chicken enchalida.

Chili is good protein and I found a company that has 19 grams for half a can! So I'm going to try to start getting that in at some point during the day if I don't do tuna. I just don't always have time for that stuff. Nuts, jerkey and Protein Bars are my go to meals when I work crazy busy hours with one client after another..

Any other ideas??

I'll be looking to this thread for some ideas. As of now, I get my Protein from Protein Bars and meats I choke down as I cannot do shakes either. I hope you can find some good ideas!

Little mini fritatas (sp?) that you make in muffin tins. If you use just the egg whites and add some high Protein cheese, like low-fat (if you want) feta and mozzarella, it's a great little Protein bomb. When we're farther out, we can also add veggies, like spinach and tomatoes.

Also, tofu is super high protein and softer than meats, so I'm sure you could eat it now. Just make sure you learn how to cook it correctly. I hear a lot of people say how much they don't like tofu, but my guess is that about 80% of them just have never had it made well. This is my very favorite basic tofu recipe from an absolutely amazing cookbook called The Veganomicon:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=519710

I usually make a little extra of the braising liquid for the end.

Try ISO pure green apple they make fruit like drink that has 40 grams after the gym I drink that and zero cal power aid and then 3 20 oz arrow head Water . And snack string cheese or a small sharp cheddar cheese

For Snacks or quick meals, I grab a P3 or make my own (I can get strips of low-fat meat at the supermarket salad bar, and I use cheddar cheese curd..just measure out an ounce of each, and put it in a snack-size bag). Most of the Protein bars I've seen have fairly high sugar content, and I'm supposed to avoid them for a while longer. I did find a few varieties of Pure Protein that have sugar alcohol rather than sugar, and no pieces of nuts (no nuts until 4-6 months out), but I can only take a bite or two (generally after a bike ride or hard workout)

tuna pouches are a good, quick food. I made taco salad cups the other night, and they're very portable (I used a recipe from Bariatric Foodie for the salad itself, but instead of a casserole made it in muffin tins. It was basically a bit of taco meat and salsa, with refried Beans and then cheese) String cheese is a go-to snack food.

The Atkins Protein Bars are actually decent and have no sugar and very low carbs. Also the Skinny Cow cheese is great. The locarb, no sugar slim fast readymade shakes work best for me. I'm 5 weeks post op and still can only drink about 1/3 to 1/2, but I put the cap back on it, stick it back in the fridge and drink it later. Deli thin sliced meats are also a great soft food to pair with the skinny cow cheese.

I am also very busy at work and usually eat while I'm working. I pack food every morning. I normally do a shake for Breakfast. Then I take tuna salad, chicken salad, or deli meat rolled up white cheese for lunch. For Snacks I eat beef Jerky or turkey Jerky. I do not eat the round jerky sticks due to calories, fat and carbs. I have had issues with the Protein shakes since surgery 8 months ago. The only ones I can drink are the Syntrax nectar. They are thinner than other drinks and have a lot a flavors to chose from. I buy them at https://www.bariatricchoice.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/113961/ and you can get 20.00 off your first order. I keep a container of the Protein at work and if I get to busy I can mix up a drink and have it while I'm working. This is how it meet liquid and protein goals for the day. I also take grilled chicken salads on some days. Hope this helps.