Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Years Banded Here

Hi all!

My name is Breanne and I just passed my 5 year bandiversary! I lost 103lbs slowly over 3 years and weighed in at 149lbs which was the smallest I had been in my life! It also put me in the normal weight range for the first time ever!! Wooohoo!

The last 2 years have been a little stressful for me and I gained 30lbs back in what felt like the blink of an eye. I’m telling you this because I didn’t realize just how happy I was at 149lbs until I wasn’t there anymore. When I was 149 I was telling myself it wasn’t enough and that I still needed to hit my goal of 138lbs.

I’m happy to report that I’m back on the wagon now and am working vigorously to hit my new re-evaluated goal of 148lbs. My advice to all is to really enjoy the journey and don’t forget that this band is like your cheerleader. It can cheer you on all day but if you’re not playing the game you can’t win. =)

I'm only 2.5 years out and I'm still 30 lbs from my goal. But, even if I don't make it to that goal, the rewards of losing 50 lbs is so worth it.

^5 on being back on the wagon.

I'm only 2.5 years out and I'm still 30 lbs from my goal. But, even if I don't make it to that goal, the rewards of losing 50 lbs is so worth it.

^5 on being back on the wagon.

Thank you and congrats on your weight loss! So many people don't think 50lbs is a lot when they compare it to the total weight they need to shed but 50lbs is a massive amount! Congrats! Slow and steady wins the race!!

. My advice to all is to really enjoy the journey and don’t forget that this band is like your cheerleader. It can cheer you on all day but if you’re not playing the game you can’t win. =)

Wow, thank you so much for posting. I thrive on the stories of long term bander success, and you are!!! Most of us have lost weight before, but gave up when we regained, only to be worse off than when we started. I'm so ready for my LapBand to be the end of my cycles of failure.

Thank you and congratulations. You are beautiful!!

. My advice to all is to really enjoy the journey and don’t forget that this band is like your cheerleader. It can cheer you on all day but if you’re not playing the game you can’t win. =)

Wow, thank you so much for posting. I thrive on the stories of long term bander success, and you are!!! Most of us have lost weight before, but gave up when we regained, only to be worse off than when we started. I'm so ready for my LapBand to be the end of my cycles of failure.

Thank you and congratulations. You are beautiful!!

Thank you although you are much too kind! =) I’m so thankful for my band and STILL love having it 5 years later; I’d never give it back. So long as I work with it my little cheerleader inside makes me feel like I can do it. I have 28lbs to lose now and if I didn’t have my band I’d never believe I could do that on my own.

I have not hit my goal yet. I am one and half years out. I still love my band and a 50 pound weight loss is great to me. Still chugging along and hopefully will make it to my second goal of 175 soon. Good luck.

@@Lady Lap Band

Congrats! I remember when I first started on this site wanting to read from people who had "experience"....and success, JUST LIKE YOU!

Here's to the next 5 and many more happy years to come! :)

@@catfish87 Thanks! Looks like you were banded jut a few months after me! When we first started out those who had already been banded 5 years seemed like they had been banded forever to me! I can’t believe how fast 5 yrs went by!

Congratulations!!!!