Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleever Roll Call

I am hovering around 160, so down about 20 pounds from my last post. The lowest I can remember weighing in my adult life was 154, so I'm really trying to get to the 150's, and ideally I'd like to see the 140's... But really if I didn't lose another pound, I wouldn't complain, I'm very happy with my body the way it is right now. I am strong, I can run several miles without stopping, and I have very little loose skin to speak of. If only I could make the stretch marks on my tummy disappear!

As far as food intolerances, I still have problems with spicy foods. Some days are better than others. Occasionally a food that I previously tolerated will just randomly not agree with me, so that's been a bit of a struggle.

I do believe I've also said goodbye to bread and sandwiches forever, except for maybe the occasional small piece of toast here and there... un-toasted bread just sits like lead in my new stomach. And I did love bread. But I see that as a good thing, because if I could eat it, I would probably be more than likely to over-eat it again at some point. Better to just say it doesn't agree with me, and leave it at that.

Overall though, I am very happy with my decision. I do truly believe that surgery was the only way that I was going to be able to lose the weight, and hopefully keep it off. As I've said before; it was the best ten thousand dollars I ever have, and likely ever will spend!

I am just checking in after having surgery 7 months ago. My life has changed so much for the better. I am happier and feel so much healthier. I am down 82 pounds. I look like a different person and feel like a different person. I am more active. I don't focus my life around food anymore. I started selling Avon products and I'm loving it!! I never realized how much of life I missed because I was embarrassed of the way I looked, plus I just did not feel good, health wise. This surgery may not be for everyone, but it has been the best thing I ever did for myself! I am only sorry I didn't do it sooner - I feel like I wasted so much time hiding inside when there was so much waiting for me outside!! I wish all of you just starting the process the best of luck. For those of you who have been on this journey with me from the beginning and those of you that I have been following for advice, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Im down 85 lbs. I haven't lost anything in 3 to 4 weeks. It's gotten me feeling down, but I'm constantly getting compliments, which remind me how far I have come. Im so happy I had this surgery, it has changed my life for the better. I am enjoying getting out of the house and not worrying about my looks. Im going on a cruise in a few weeks and can't wait to not have to have a seatbelt extender on the airplane !!!

Life is good!!! I need to stay away form Cookies ! I have let myself have some this past week and it scares me, I could definitly get hooked on sugar again. Merry Christmas!!!

post-218935-14189383448917_thumb.jpg post-218935-14189383637257_thumb.jpg

Well Iam still losing the weight These are my 60 inch waist slacks

@Bonbini

If people are commenting on it, you are probably losing fat and building muscle at the same time, so you are getting smaller even as the scale stands still. That happened to me, from September to November, I think I only lost about 5 pounds, but that was when everyone really started noticing, so the slow movement of the scale didn't bother me. Now the scale is moving again, but I don't think I'm getting that much smaller...

I had surgery May 20th 2014. My highest weight was 255, I am now 178. Down 77 lbs since surgery and just 31 lbs away from my goal. The last few months have been a SLOW GO. Starting some new things this week so hopefully that'll be the little shove I need to get things going again! I hope everyone is doing well!! :)

I just recovers from the flu ! The question I have to ask has any one knoticed over the counter meds like NyQuil effect you differently ?

Sorry to hear you had the flu! I have been fortunate and have not gotten sick. I am really not sure what is ok to take and what isn't. I have been taking the generic zyrtec but that is about it. What did the Nyquil do to you? Before, it would help put me to sleep, but I have not had any yet.

NyQuil before would just let me sleep this time after the surgey it hit me harder I think it helped with giving me vertigo and made me groovy for days

Hi I had my sleeve on May 31 2014 and every thing seems good minus not pooping reg or no urge to poo . But my question is has any one got queasy after eating this is new feeling before I could eat np now I feel like I just want to puke ? And I get that way if I drink a muscle milk also

I have actually felt that way lately. I think my problem is drinking too much Water so close to my meal. Are you drinking with your meals or too soon afterwards? Or maybe eating too fast or drinking too fast? I hope it gets better for you!

There are some foods that my tummy just does not care for and too much of a bad thing (**think cookie**) really makes my tummy fuss. And when did my tummy get such a voice?

I recently passed my final goal weight (122 lbs) and want to hear how my fellow May 2014 sleevers are doing. I hope everyone of us has had a positive 9 months post surgery.

I am also interested in maintenance stories.

Sleeved 5/5/14.

Started 206, now 152. Weight loss has stalled. Feeling really frustrated

Wow Icanmakeit! That is awesome! I think I may need to start journaling my food. Any special tips to share?