Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out, more restriction than week 3, 4, and 5, this happen often?

Hello everyone. I'm usually just a lurker but getting frustrated and seeking answers. I was able to consume 1/2 cup of Soup, some tuna/canned chicken, egg, pudding, and Relatively easy to digest foods for the past 3 weeks. I actually felt good until a few days ago. I can't even finish 1/4th cup of Soup anymore. I feel like my restriction is getting worse without changes in what I'm eating. Just to clarify, no discomfort, on a PPI, etc etc.

Is this common 6 weeks out?

Thank you.

That's a good question. I hit 6 weeks today, and I'm eating about half what I was last week (as I sit here staring at my half-finished scrambled egg and cheese). I just chalked it up to warmer temperatures...I never want to eat when it's hot out.

I had the same thing happen. My Dr thought it was due to introducing new foods. I'm 7 weeks out now. I think its still a learning game for me. But I'm also not sure.

Ahh well. The surprises of the sleeve continue. At least I'm not the only one. :)

I am 8 weeks out and have found that I have better eating days than others. Meaning some days I can eat more ! I had to go back to soft foods and liquids for a short time due to the same reason you just posted. I am finding also very quickly at this point what foods work for me right now and what does not.... That's been tough! Lol

Just a thought....when your body retains Fluid of any kind, your small tube (sleeve) will retain fluid as well and will swell like your feet and ankles do, this restricting your intake. Make sure you're drinking plenty of Water to keep yourself flushed. If you feel you're not getting rid of fluid like you should be, see your dr about it. Perhaps he can give you fluid medication to help for a while.

I am almost 6 weeks post-op and just found this site. I am so thankful to find people going through the same things I am. I am eating less now than last week as well, hmmmmm? I am sure you have answered this in other posts, but I haven't read through them all yet........how much weight have you lost, including the 2 weeks liquid pre-op diet? I just want to know if I'm on the right track. THANKS for being here!!

Looks like you are doing fabulous!! You go girl !!

I will be six weeks tomorrow. I definitely noticed this the past week. Two - three bites of Protein, I'm done. I think it has something to do with the heat for me; I always ate less in the summer, but I don't really know. I do feel more restricted (those little hiccups come quicker lately).

I can't say I like it. I've commented before, but socially, my eating ways are obvious. I just try to do whatever event occurs after meals, but I sure do realize how much my friends and I surrounded our socializing with food!

I'm with you!! I had no idea how big a part food plays ! Until I am not eating it ! I just socialize now ,I will poke around some food on my plate and people don't really notice too much.

I just searched this topic because I'm having the same issue! I'll be 9 weeks out on Wednesday and for the past 2 days I can only get a few bites down. I never thought it could be due to the very hot weather we've been having. I have been trying to eliminate Protein Shakes and eat more solid food, so that could have something to do with it too, I suppose. I've lost 4 lbs in the past 3 days, though, so at least there's a positive side! :)

I just hit 8 weeks and it seems like my tummy is more sensitive than the 4 week point. I find that I have to go back to liquids and pureed foods all the time. I also have a lot of issues with Constipation. Is anyone else having any digestion issues?

I had a major issue with Constipation. I've started taking 1/2 dose of Miralax in my morning beverage and increasing Fiber via ground flax seed and chia seeds in yogurt, cottage cheese, and Protein Shakes and I haven't had any problems in a week (knock on wood!)

I just hit 8 weeks and it seems like my tummy is more sensitive than the 4 week point. I find that I have to go back to liquids and pureed foods all the time. I also have a lot of issues with Constipation. Is anyone else having any digestion issues?

Do you take an Iron supplement? I found out that it can sometimes cause constipation issues (and increasing fiber is one way to help alleviate it)