Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cigna Insurance

Awesome! I can only imagine how excited you must be! Congratulations !!!

That is awesome!! Congrats!!

Woo Hoo!

Congrats! I hope my Cigna approval happens that quickly.

Congratulations on your quick approval. What I found out about Cigna is that the approval timeframe depends on 1. your specific plan 2. The hospital in which you will have the surgery 3. Whether your procedure is listed as in house our outpatient.

I did not know any of this in the beginning but learned throughout the process. I had to wait the full 30 days only to be told I was not approved. I found out if your procedure is going to require an overnight stay then the approval process is 5 days and receives priority consideration. My insurance coordinator told me that my hospital required all procedures to be listed as outpatient with 23 hours of observation (so an overnight stay is possibly included) but the process took the full 30. I even called the morning of the 30th day to see if I was approved and they told me that they would let me know at the end of the day. At 4:30 that afternoon I was denied, I appealed and won my appeal in about 15 days so don't be afraid to push back on Cigna if denied. They told me I was missing two letters which were in the file. It's a frustrating process but worth it for the reward of getting approval.

I'm glad to hear that you got such a fast approval and wish you the best of luck and success with your surgery.

My surgery date is 7/14 too, and I have Cigna. I am still waiting for my approval, but my doctor's office told me not to worry about it. They are confident that it will be approved. I will rest easier I when the approval comes through.

Congratulations on your quick approval. What I found out about Cigna is that the approval timeframe depends on 1. your specific plan 2. The hospital in which you will have the surgery 3. Whether your procedure is listed as in house our outpatient.

I did not know any of this in the beginning but learned throughout the process. I had to wait the full 30 days only to be told I was not approved. I found out if your procedure is going to require an overnight stay then the approval process is 5 days and receives priority consideration. My insurance coordinator told me that my hospital required all procedures to be listed as outpatient with 23 hours of observation (so an overnight stay is possibly included) but the process took the full 30. I even called the morning of the 30th day to see if I was approved and they told me that they would let me know at the end of the day. At 4:30 that afternoon I was denied, I appealed and won my appeal in about 15 days so don't be afraid to push back on Cigna if denied. They told me I was missing two letters which were in the file. It's a frustrating process but worth it for the reward of getting approval.

I'm glad to hear that you got such a fast approval and wish you the best of luck and success with your surgery.

I know you are glad the process is over.... now waiting on our survey date... Congratulations!!!

My surgery date is 7/14 too, and I have Cigna. I am still waiting for my approval, but my doctor's office told me not to worry about it. They are confident that it will be approved. I will rest easier I when the approval comes through.

Hopefully it will be soon....

I got the approval today, just in time for my surgery Monday!

I have CIGNA too it was a little hairy at 1st but I got through. My surgery is 07/24. Good luck!!

Hi.... My surgery is scheduled on 7/24 and I'm waiting for approval from Cigna. I'm very nervous that I will not get the approval... How long did it take to get approval. I'm on my pre op diet right now and it would be sad to go through all this and not get to the grand finale.... Gastric sleeve