Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Alberto Aceves a well known and respected Bariatric Surgeon from Mexicali was killed in a tragic plane crash

I Emailed Nina (part of his office staff, and who many of us talked to who went to see Dr. A) last night and she replied this morning - unfortunately also a confirmation.

Ugh.

I emailed Gaby last night....so sorry that this is indeed a reality.

"This is true... and a great loss for all of us worldwide !

His son ( that was flying with him ) is safe
We appreciate your kind words...
He really loves his patients !
We are all very sad
hugs from all of us
Gaby"
cleardot.gif

Edited by WorldTraveler

I'm so sad that the reason I came back to MBP to post is due learning about the passing of my amazing surgeon, Dr. Aceves. He was such a nice man and a talented surgeon.

I cannot speak on the relationships that those who do not do Medical Tourism build with their medical team locally but for many of us who venture away from our "home" it feels more personal.

Dr. Aceves helped me to change my life and made a terrifying decision easy and comfortable,

My sympathies to those who's lives are effected by this loss.

Amanda Rae

This is so sad and shocking. Dr. Aceves did my sleeve over three years ago.

Terrible news. My condolences to his family, friends and patients.

I am so so sad. This wonderful man saved my life! RIP Dr. Aceves. I can not thank you enough for being a part of my life.

he was my doctor and i am sick to my stomach with sadness.

i offer my condolences to his family, staff and all his patients. what a sad day.

My heart goes out to everyone who knew this man personally, and to those in the bariatric community whose lives he impacted in many positive ways.

That is such tragic news! He made a huge difference in the lives of so many people--just on this board alone! My condolences to his friends, family and patients. R.I.P., Dr. Aceves!

He was his assistant in every surgery for years. He assisted Aceves on me a month ago. I went to Dr Aceves for his artistry in how he does the sleeve, I would choose Dr Beltran now because he will be doing it the way he did it with dr aceves for so long. It's still so shocking :-(

He did my revisions surgery back in 2012. So sad to hear this. May his soul rest in the Lord, he was an amazing man.