Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Alberto Aceves a well known and respected Bariatric Surgeon from Mexicali was killed in a tragic plane crash

Just read on FB that Dr Aceves was killed today in a plane crash! I did not know or use him but many have or were scheduled with him.

Very sad to hear this! Thoughts and prayers to his family.

That is so sad. I have known quite a few people here in Edmonton that went to him. I personally went through our Bariatric clinic. But have heard such tremendous praise of him. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family, colleagues and patients.

OMG!!!! Nooooo!

OMG...He wasn't my surgeon either but I have tremendous respect for him and can only imagine the lives he has saved with bariatrics!

I I just learned that my dear surgeon has died in a plane crash. I am so so glad I got to need him and have my sleeve just over 3 weeks ago by him. I will miss getting to see him at reunions and sad I can't send friends and family to him in the future. He was a master in his field.

Wow. Calmed down a bit and reviewed this, and yes, this is 100% true, funeral is tomorrow, there are posts on the official page of the hospital where he worked. Sounds like he was piloting a Cessna back to Mexicali and had 5 passengers on board, the plane crashed by a beach somewhere. 3 people died, 3 people survived. Terrible! I'm not an emotional person, but I definitely have a little something in my eye right now. This man honestly gave me, and so many others, a new lease on life. I can't think of any single other event in my life short of maybe getting into medical school that had such an immense positive impact on me. I have never had a single regret about having my VSG, or having it done by Dr. Aceves. It sounds like he left a great mark on medical education by training the next generation of bariatric surgeons. I hope his staff and family can be comforted by the fact that his life made a lasting impact on countless others.

May he rest in peace. So sorry to hear that he passed away.

I Heard Today from Facebook that Dr. Aceves from Mexicali Died in Plane Crash. Is this true?

If this is true. ...this is so sad.

I'm stunned. He just did my sleeve a month ago. I sincerely wish his family, friends and coworkers my condolences. So tragic!

I heard the same thing today... I had surgery done by him a year ago in August... So very sad to not have him to confide in anymore as I have had complications and he has been wonderful... Thinking of his family

Yes. http://www.oem.com.mx/lavozdelafrontera/notas/n3438360.htm it is in Spanish but yes.

Translated via Google:

Mexicali

Plane crash: Killed three of Mexicali
La Voz de la Frontera
June 23, 2014

By Juan Galvan Small private plane flying from San Luis Gonzaga to Mexicali suffered a failure and crashed into the sea south of San Felipe on land in the municipality of Ensenada, local fishermen rescued three people alive and with their boats they pulled the tickets to the beach to keep the tide take him; that were reported within the bodies of three dead. Three dead: one woman and two men, all of Mexicali; One is Jose Nava, apparently the passenger, the other deceased is Dr. Alberto Aceves and a woman named Ana Laura Brawn, all of Mexicali. Tuition XBBTO aircraft is owned by the company MBC SC Services, established in Avenida Madero 1119-2, second section. 's report that the authorities had the case were limited by poor communication that exist in the area and also took charge of Ensenada authorities, who took hours to reach the scene of the accident intricate, a fishing camp called Rancho Grande, 155 miles south of San Felipe. C4 information reached by the calls of the fishermen, who reported that they saw a Cessna type plane with problems amarizaba violently in an area close to the beach ., which at low tide does not have sank quickly Witnesses came to help and found three people alive, leading them to shore and gave first aid; then in anticipation of rising tide, they decided to pull the plane with their boats onto the beach for them to come the authorities to take cognizance of the facts. The aircraft crashed over the sea with six people on board, three of which were saved and three died; the plane was rescued by fishermen and taken to the shore with the bodies inside. Crew Semar and the Department of Defense, presented the site and indicated that the area where the unit fell is known as The Alfonsinas. At the close of the deceased older data or had no survivors.

I heard the same thing today... I had surgery done by him a year ago in August... So very sad to not have him to confide in anymore as I have had complications and he has been wonderful... Thinking of his family

I am so sorry dear. that's a though news to swallow. may he RIP. praying for comfort for his family and patients.

Trying to get more info on this in English, so sorry to hear he has helped so many people.

I was at an ASMBS conference in Miami and didn't find out about this terrible news until this evening. I met Dr Aceves on numerous occasions in Mexico as well as in the states. Last time was at ObesityWeek 2013 in Atlanta. He was sweet man with a heart of gold.

With deepest sympathy, our thoughts and prayers are with the Aceves family. May he rest in peace.

240x318-33-0-180x240-alberto-aceves.png

He really changed the lives of so many! What a huge loss to his community and family. :(