Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

did anyone think. ....

Did anyone think "what if it dont work for me? Or was it hard for u to imagine yourself skinnie? Ive tryed so many diets that i dont understand why i gain weight... sometimes i think what if im cursed with fat lol

I always assumed it would work. The statistics show it works. Then I had the surgery 5 days ago and realized... it's only a tool and if I don't find a way to use it, I'm not going to lose anything, and certainly not everything I want to lose. Not to mention keep it off.

Jennifer

Yes its considered a tool because its not gonna do all the work, it comes woth directions n its a comitment. I guess cuz i been over weight since i was a kid been teased all my life, i tryed diets n i gain weight n i soetimes see no hope, i jus wondered if someone else feels this way, id relly like to here im not alone n i wanna hear there success.

When i was a kid it was my sister n i we are a yr apart, we were active kids no cell phones no video game, we had skates jump ropes n tripple knotted tennie shoes so we didnt fall as we ran, we ate normal n bad then if we didnt like dinner we didnt eat. But for some reason i was always gaining weight, kids would always give my sister string cheese donuts twinkies ect, but they alwys told me i couldnt have any cuz i had already ate to much. 6 grade i started skipping lunch all the way threw high school, then after high school i started over eating cuz i didn't understand no mattor what i did i gained weight. Then i started dieting since i was about 20 till now n i lose 10 lbs then gain 20. I had acupuncture weightloss n the dr said he had never seen a person gain weight. That was sad. But i wanna kno has this happened to anyone n then with surgery they succeeded

I have been overweight since I was six months old! My Mother, who is thin, took me to the hospital in 2nd Grade to find out why her daughter was fat. They put me on a very restrictive diet, but didn't give her ideas about exercise, which I really needed. By 4th Grade I was joining Weight Watchers for the first time. In middle school I discovered that I enjoyed swimming, joined a swim team and slimmed down. It was short lived, though and the weight came back plus more. More Weight Watchers in High School, never really worked for me, but my weight yo-yo'd though high school and college. After college came The Weight Loss Clinic, where I lost 90 pounds in 7 months. I kept 70 pounds off for six years. Then I got married, had a baby, and just got heavier and heavier. There were brought with Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig and NutiSystem. I would lose some, and gain more back. A few years ago, I joined the YMCA, thinking I would get back to regular exercise and that would help get me going. Well, my weight had gotten so bad that I was not able to exercise. Big Shock!! I had horrible knee and back pain.

I give you this background because I was determined that THIS would work. From the moment I decided to explore having surgery I went at it with the attitude that I can NOT let this fail. I did everything I could pre-surgery to make my recovery as easy as possible. I stopped caffeine, added Protein shake s to my diet, joined MyFitnessPal.com, bought a scale and began using it. And I began to exercise, as much as I could at over 330 pounds.

Wednesday I will Celebrate my first Surgerversary. I have lost 198 pounds and feel terrific. My entire life has changed. I wake up every morning without pain! I also live with the fear that tomorrow morning I will wake up and I will be back at 330. It keeps me motivated to stick with the program and live this healthy life I have been given a second chance at.

The weight won't just come off. It takes determination and dedication on your part to make it work. But the tool you get really does work. Do the work! Life is so much better on the other side!

Carol

This is it for you. This will work if you allow it to and if you play the game right. If you are not willing to, then don't do it. It doesn't matter what came before this, it is now and you have this opportunity but it is a two way street. You must comply and be willing. If you are willing and you commit then you will be given this wonderful tool to help you on this journey we all find so, so difficult. I think our fear of it not working works to our favor. It isn't that hard to do if you are smart and research and learn all you can about it and start before hand. Don't drink with your meals. It is really hard but conquer that. Start trying Protein drinks you like and adding them to your daily regime now. Start trying hard to lose now-your doctor might make that a requirement. Mine didn't but lots do. Read here like crazy and good luck!

Thanks. Everyone, yes im ready n willing, but id feel better if someone had same problem as me n it still worked for them, i got this n i can do it, its way worth it, i jus have doight that my body will lose even if im following it. I used to box.. boxing is one of the hatdest work outs n i was one of the beat boxers in my town, n were i was from boxing was a big deal to be in. Anyways i was in that for a long time n didnt lose weight. I never met anyone like me. Lol

@@Baconville, four yrs ago i lived in a apt with a pool n the manager n i became really good friends, n we used to race laps for exersize, i lived there for 2 yrs we swam everyday even in the rain, i didnt lose anu weight.

Exercise alone won't do it. It is a combination of diet and exercise. Your pouch will help you control what you can and can't eat. FOLLOW YOUR CLINICS PLAN EXACTLY! The exercise will impact how much you lose. You will hit points where the scale stops moving, that is when you need to up the exercise to get it moving again. Statistically, only about 2% of patients that undergo RNY lose no weight. Studies have found that these are the patients that fail to follow their clinics recommendations. It is why most clinics and insurance companies require so much of us prior to surgery. If we are compliant prior to surgery, we are much more likely to be compliant after as well. The more compliant you are, the better it will work for you. You need to make this the center of your life for now. Read everything you can, learn as much as you can. Don't try to outsmart the experts. This will work for you! The only patients that it does not work for are those that choose to make it not work.

I want to reiterate that surgery is NOT magic. It gives you a very powerful tool that can help you live the rest of your life at a healthy weight, if YOU choose to do the work.

Carol

Thanks, i get all of that, ive been looking into this surgery for years i kno alot about it, i kno it works for most of everyone, n a few people got sick due to lack of vitamine intake lack of following diet n exersize, i get that part.. my question is i wanna kno someone who has had success in this surgery n before surgery has never had success even with well played out diet n exercise. BACONVILLE I BELIEVE IT WAS U WHO MENTION WEIGHT WATCHERS N SWIMING N OTHER DIETS THAT U LOST WEIGHT BUT NOT AS MUCH AS U LIKED. but u were able to lose weight on ur own 60-90 lbs is awesome to do on ur own. I have done all of what u did n more n in a good time im talkin each thing well over 3 month, n i gain weight. Im not convinced that this isnt gonna work but i wanna hear a success story that has a background like mine. I do think that my diets i wasnt fillin the tomatch with enough so i always felt hungry n probably what could of happened was my body was storing fat cuz it felt hungry. But i kno i can do this easy! If i can diet n feel hungry for yrs that i tryed diferent diets, i can do this easy cuz i wont feel hungry. If anything im worried that i piece of food can accidently pass to big. But im confident in this. N again thank you BACONVILLE

O n im 30 i started diets n exersize since i was 15, i have always combined the two together, i never jus exersized or jus diet. I have studied n research so much about how the body works, n i also have low thyroids n low hormons, n cant take meds for niether one.

Thanks, i get all of that, ive been looking into this surgery for years i kno alot about it, i kno it works for most of everyone, n a few people got sick due to lack of vitamine intake lack of following diet n exersize, i get that part.. my question is i wanna kno someone who has had success in this surgery n before surgery has never had success even with well played out diet n exercise. BACONVILLE I BELIEVE IT WAS U WHO MENTION WEIGHT WATCHERS N SWIMING N OTHER DIETS THAT U LOST WEIGHT BUT NOT AS MUCH AS U LIKED. but u were able to lose weight on ur own 60-90 lbs is awesome to do on ur own. I have done all of what u did n more n in a good time im talkin each thing well over 3 month, n i gain weight. Im not convinced that this isnt gonna work but i wanna hear a success story that has a background like mine. I do think that my diets i wasnt fillin the tomatch with enough so i always felt hungry n probably what could of happened was my body was storing fat cuz it felt hungry. But i kno i can do this easy! If i can diet n feel hungry for yrs that i tryed diferent diets, i can do this easy cuz i wont feel hungry. If anything im worried that i piece of food can accidently pass to big. But im confident in this. N again thank you BACONVILLE

Hi Maggie,

I am very sorry my post upset you. My intention was to motivate and inspire you, I obviously did neither. I will be 50 years old on my next birthday, and have dealt with weight issues my entre life. I am excited about my journey because it has been so successful and because nothing has ever really worked for me in the past - not for long anyway. For the first time in my life I feel like this will work for life. And I still think that it could work for you. That said, I have never met anybody that even when really, honestly, sticking to a very restrictive diet and getting regular exercise did not lose at least some weight. I do know that type 2 diabetes and thyroid issues can play a very big role in preventing weight loss. I have never had to battle either, and it sounds like you are dealing with thyroid issues. I sincerely hope that you find your answer with your medical team. If you are at a good clinic, they should have seen other patients like you and will be able to help. They are truly your experts, trust them.

I do know what it feels like to feel despair that your weight is just too out of control and that nothing you do is going to work. I have felt exactly that way. I am flying high because tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my surgery and I have lost 198 pounds. My goal was 200, but the last two pounds just won't come. I have gone from a size 28 to a size 6. I never imagined that I would EVER wear a size 6! I hope someday you will be writing a similar post.

I wish only the best for you...

Carol

O no im not upset. Sorry i mad u feel that i am. Everyone has diferent situations, i jus never seen anyone wiyh my situation. I am happy for u that its a life change, i hope n have lot of faith i get the same. I think iy will be comforting to hear someone.story jus like mine. I can use that in more confidence. Ur achievements are amazing n are helpful as well. Thank u.

Yes its considered a tool because its not gonna do all the work, it comes woth directions n its a comitment. I guess cuz i been over weight since i was a kid been teased all my life, i tryed diets n i gain weight n i soetimes see no hope, i jus wondered if someone else feels this way, id relly like to here im not alone n i wanna hear there success.

You are not the only one. Many of us feel the same way. Keep your head up and we will all get through this together.

Carol, your story sounds a lot like me. Thank you for sharing it helped me!