Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2014 sleevers!

I am scheduled for 8/13th. Sometimes, I'm anxious but I try no to think about it or rather I try not to "over-think" it. I've been on this journey for almost a year with Dr visits, Counseling sessions, required support group meetings, therapist, Cardiologist, Pulmonary sleep clinic (yes, I have sleep apnea), Nutritionist, and finally a pre-op with my surgeon back in June. Now I wait. I still have to start my pre-op by the end of the month but I have slowly been cutting the bad things out. Now I just have to wean myself off of coffee.. and the rest of the "bad" carbs. But, I am so ready to do this. I've waited a long time and nothing else seems to work. I've even gone to see a Hypnotist...

Congrats to everyone else on this journey to better health!!! I have learned a lot along the way and I think I had to "hit" the brick wall (ouch) to figure this all out :-)

Let's do this!!!!!

So I have my date (Aug 5th) but I called today to find out if they had assigned a time yet and they told me that they wont confirm a time until after my appt on the 23rd....I can't wait!!! Does anyone have to do a crazy preop diet? Luckily, I only have to do Clear Liquids one day before surgery and then nothing the day of. I think that's a piece of cake when compared to what I've seen other people have to do.

Hi everyone I have been reading all these threads for about a month and finally got up enough nerve to post :) I finally got my surgery date AUGUST 5th super scared but excited also.

Scheduled for August 21st. Definitely excited and nervous all at the same time. I find my mind trying to talk me out of it, but then I remind myself of all the long term benefits. Good luck all!!

I'm scheduled for August 12th! So ready to get on the loser's bench!!!

Had 2 of my 3 "counseling" classes yesterday (7/8), have consult with NUT on 7/9, plus visit with new pcp (hoping he will recommend surgery since I've never seen him before). Next is psych eval on 7/17 then final class on 7/21. My insurance coverage is changing Sept. 1, and I go back to work on Aug. 18 (work for school district). Hoping to get scheduled early August so I will not miss any work, since I'm not telling many people about this surgery. Spoke with scheduler after classes today and she said that once I finish all my pre-reqs she would tentatively schedule me. She is aware of insurance coverage change and the reason for my delay in getting everything done in June, and she said that she would squeeze me in as soon as possible. My ideal date would be Aug. 5, so I'm crossing my fingers, toes, legs, arms, and praying alot that it works out.

Good luck to every one already scheduled. I can't wait to change my life and lifestyle.

Yay sooooo excited for all of us!!!!...... My last hurdle ...I "failed" my sleep study test so they are setting me up with a cpap machine dde22 my pulmonologist won't give me the clearance until I get set up with it!!! Ughhhhhh SOOO annoying hoping this doesn't effect my august 11th date I already took the time off work

I am also having this problem! But insurance does want to cover a cpap. I am also hoping this won't affect my aug 8th surgery date. Super annoying :(

Aug. 28th confirmed over here!!! :D

I feel like I am pregnant all over again and this is my due date..

I asked them to reach me if an earlier date comes up, I am SOOOO READY AND PUMPED guys!!!!!!!!!

XOXO

VVV

P.S. Check out my Gastric Sleeve Blog

http://vvvgastricsleeveafterlife.blogspot.com/

I have been jumping through the insurance hoops since November of last year and I finally got approved earlier this week! I am so excited! I have PCOS and have been unable to concieve for the past two years. My OB-GYN has been one of my biggest supporters of me continuing with this plan as she thinks my issues are related to my weight. I start my orientation to surgery class and liquid diet next week. I have to be on the Optifast shakes for three weeks prior to surgery which will be interesting. The only positive thing about not having any children during this process is that my husband can figure out how to feed himself! I can't wait to get this surgery done and over with!

My date is August 26th at 3:30 pm. After reading how long some people have been working at this I feel very fortunate. I started doing all the pre-op on April 4th, finished on May 22, had to get final sign off by the director of surgery which was 3 weeks later and met with surgeon and got my surgery date on Monday.

Before I could meet with the surgeon I had to do a 6 week lifestyle change course, 2 support groups, 2 part psych eval, exercise class, sleep study, EKG, and upper GI as well as blood work. I met my goal weight that I needed to be at.

Before the surgery I have to meet with the surgeon again, the person who administers the sleeping gas, and the dietitian. They also have all my post-op appointments scheduled. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.

Just recently started the whole process. :huh: I have all my appts scheduled for the next two weeks and have had my lab work done this morning.. They say after my last appt. on 7/25/14 they will schedule my surgury wich is 4-6 weeks out so I am praying that I have it done in Aug. but I may end up Sept. :wacko: . I dont have to worry about insurance as i am fortunate enough to have an insurance that does not cover anything to do with obesity tx. they will cover alchohol tx though :angry: go figure!!! I get to say bye bye to all my 401 savings. but it will be so worth it. I am excited now that I've finally made up my mind and will start taking a photo diary soon... I am nervous also and look forward to following this journey with all of you. I live in Wa state and will have my surgery done by dr. Kaufman (very pleasant)

I lost my patience and called bcbs to find out if I have been approved and as of yesterday I AM!!! So i am oficially scheduled for aug 5th! Yay, I'm so excited. I feel like Christmas has come early!

August 25th is my new date finally!!! Original date was July 15th! Insurance wanted 2more months of dietary planning!! Ugh!!! Anyway everything's cool now, no anxiety as of yet!!!